Chelsea Vs Tottenham

BlueLion.

Brilliant team performance yesterday. Whilst in my eyes there were three stand-out performers, everyone had a solid game. Ballack was quiet but it appeared to me that he was playing in a more withdrawn role than he has been playing, with Wright-Phillips playing further up. Still had a solid defensive game. Malouda still looks a little rusty but he was very inventive, same for Joe Cole. Belletti was my man of the match. Scored a rocket, was creative going forward and sound at the back. Ashley Cole was pretty impressive and I was so impressed with Anelka. The man hadn't kicked a ball in a blue shirt before but he looked totally at home. Desperately unlucky not to score.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen the highlights and wooohey!SWP defo getting back to the form he was at the beginning of the season and Analka as said the fact he hadnt even trained with the team and then went and did what he almost did just woha.Hope he keeps it up just finds the back of the net next time lol.

74 games unbeaten woooo

And awww JT on goals on Sunday..come back sooon!!!

An excellant game and performance thats for sure. It was good to have Maka back for this one thats for sure. Good to see SWP having another cracking game which for me goes to prove 2 things. Firstly that SWP is a lot better playing as the attacking midfielder in the centre and pretty all his best games have been played from there. And secondly it goes to show how much we need that sort of attacking midfielder in our team!

A fantastic debut from Anelka i have to say. I could be eating humble pie for saying i didn't think he was right or good enough for us because he looked class in this game and settled right in no problems and was unlucky not to score.

An excellant game and performance thats for sure. It was good to have Maka back for this one thats for sure. Good to see SWP having another cracking game which for me goes to prove 2 things. Firstly that SWP is a lot better playing as the attacking midfielder in the centre and pretty all his best games have been played from there. And secondly it goes to show how much we need that sort of attacking midfielder in our team!

A fantastic debut from Anelka i have to say. I could be eating humble pie for saying i didn't think he was right or good enough for us because he looked class in this game and settled right in no problems and was unlucky not to score.

It definitely makes sense playing SWP in the middle causes all sorts of problems. Before anyone gives Grant credit, Mourinho was already trying this out. His tackling is getting as good as Essiens as well.

Good point Aroop, :)

SWPs sliding tackles are judged to perfection -but often it's because hes just lost the ball. :)

But with Beletti, SWP and Joe Cole all performing well we can overhaul United or take any leaders to teh wire.

The midfield is going to be very interesting once we have everyone fit. SWP has performed excellant in there and not for the first time either. Ballack has been back to his best and controlling the game and Mikel is becomming fast one of our more important players. So where do we put Lampard, Essien and Makelele???

well you know Lampard will walk back into the team because of who he is, Essien will probably walk back into the team too, Ballack must surely stay in there because he's controlled every game since lamps' injury and he's been fantastic. There's so many decisions to be made, even up front when drogs gets back, Anelka and Drogs or just one? If both, then we can only pick one player out of all the rest of our midfielders to play. headache for avram :)

The midfield is going to be very interesting once we have everyone fit. SWP has performed excellant in there and not for the first time either. Ballack has been back to his best and controlling the game and Mikel is becomming fast one of our more important players. So where do we put Lampard, Essien and Makelele???

Its a nice problem to have, and Makalele might not be around much longer. As long as players realise that they'll play on merit and current form, and accept it, then it shouldn't be a problem.

well you know Lampard will walk back into the team because of who he is, Essien will probably walk back into the team too, Ballack must surely stay in there because he's controlled every game since lamps' injury and he's been fantastic. There's so many decisions to be made, even up front when drogs gets back, Anelka and Drogs or just one? If both, then we can only pick one player out of all the rest of our midfielders to play. headache for avram :)

Yup the forward line will be a toughie to pick too. I am sure Anelka can also play out wide. Would be fun to see us put out a front 3 of Drogba, Anelka and Sheva :D

Its a nice problem to have, and Makalele might not be around much longer. As long as players realise that they'll play on merit and current form, and accept it, then it shouldn't be a problem.

No it shouldn't be a problem and you would think that our first choice Midfield would be Essien, Lampard and Ballack..... Although i don't think it has the best balance to it.

In a diamond with 1 other midfielder and 2 up top it could work. Would limit the width tho and we rely a lot on wide men.

Yup not too keen on the diamond myself. I think we play far better with the wingers on the pitch for sure.