test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueLion.

Chelsea Vs Tottenham

Started by BlueLion.,

176 posts in this topic

Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur

Chelsea entertain Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League this Saturday.

Last season Carvalho's goal seperated the two teams at Stamford Bridge, although a rare Claude Makelele goal eventually counted for naught as Spurs triumphed 2-1 in November 2006 at White Hart Lane in the second of Chelsea's three league defeats last campaign. Nevertheless, the FA Cup winning team of 2007 triumphed at the Lane in the sixth round replay 1-2 with goals from Shevchenko and Wright-Phillips after a thrilling 3-3 draw at Stamford Bridge.

Match chat here

Will be tough, mainly because it is hard to put a team out still, the BEST we can hope to put out is:

.............................Cudicini..............................

Belletti........Alex..................Carvalho......A.Cole

.............................Sidwell...............................

...............SWP.......................Ballack................

J.Cole.....................Anelka...................Malouda

And that is taking into account that Cudicini is fit (was on bench last night), that Anelka signs and that Malouda is able to play after a intense return to action.

Games vs Tottenham arent easy but they are a very strange team this season, i'll go for a 1-0 too, its gonna be a test thats for sure. Would be fucked up if the team that haven't won at SB for 18 years, ends our 70-odd game unbeaten home record. Nah fuck that, wake up! cant happen.

Games vs Tottenham arent easy but they are a very strange team this season, i'll go for a 1-0 too, its gonna be a test thats for sure. Would be fucked up if the team that haven't won at SB for 18 years, ends our 70-odd game unbeaten home record. Nah fuck that, wake up! cant happen.

Nooo Poyet couldnt do that to us!!!!

Lets carry on getting normal serives resumed against them erm a 1-0 win.Just about.Hopfully lol

If you've jinxed us I'm going to kill you :P

Meh if Spurs go 1-0 ahead no need to panic they cant keep a lead lol,lost their lead against Arsenal just a mo ago

Tottenham are cack, they threw away that game just now, The luckiest team in premiership history (Arsenal) got an unbelievably lucky equaliser, yids just wasted chance after chance in the first half. Tottenham can't keep clean sheets, we can.

Tottenham are cack, they threw away that game just now, The luckiest team in premiership history (Arsenal) got an unbelievably lucky equaliser, yids just wasted chance after chance in the first half. Tottenham can't keep clean sheets, we can.

Can we ?????

Our defence has more holes than a tea bag :P

Lampards dad was saying this morning theres a good chance his boy'll be playing in this one.

Lets certainly hope so, we could certainly do with him. I would think at the moment with Lampard and Ballack playing and no-one to play the holding role we are likely to play 4-4-2 until Maka becomes fit....

It would be a disaster though to rush lamps back and to aggrevate the injury and have him out for longer.

Also Cech back in training today, could be too soon for Saturday though.

Spurs have had what might politely called a rollercoaster season.

Ramos is doing well but their defence is still pretty poor and they cannot retain a lead even when playing well as they proved last night.

They haven't won at the Bridge since the Stone Age apparently so I say a 2-0 win to us.

I don't think Spurs can play well twice in the space of a few days, Berbatov was great in that Arse game but he can also be sulky and anonymous if he feels like it.

Knowing Grant's luck he will be anonymous on Saturday as will the Spurs back line.

I'm still of the idea that results we're getting are in spite of having Grant, and a big cardboard cut out of Mourinho would have the edge.

Lets certainly hope so, we could certainly do with him. I would think at the moment with Lampard and Ballack playing and no-one to play the holding role we are likely to play 4-4-2 until Maka becomes fit....

It would be a disaster though to rush lamps back and to aggrevate the injury and have him out for longer.

Also Cech back in training today, could be too soon for Saturday though.

Petr Cech has admitted he attempted to come back too soon from injury when he played for Chelsea in the epic 4-4 draw against Aston Villa on Boxing Day - just three days after going off with a hip problem against Blackburn.

The Czech keeper, who let a shot from Shaun Maloney slip through his hands, said: "We took a little bit of a risk at Villa. At the end of the game the injury was worse and they didn't allow me to play again. Since then I have been sidelined." Cech, who has missed the Blues last four games, returned to full training this week and said: "Hopefully I am on my way back."

Daily Mail

I'm still of the idea that results we're getting are in spite of having Grant, and a big cardboard cut out of Mourinho would have the edge.

At the end of the day, does it really matter? We are supporters of a team not of the managers. We are doing exceptionally well at the moment and still in with a shout of all four cups, and that is something i would never dreamed possible once Jose left.

Spurs will be a tough challenge for us, but if we can sign Anelka and get Cech and Lamps back for this one then things will be a hell of a lot better.