Chelsea vs West Brom

BlueLion.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree with you there. I think Kalou still has a lot more to give Chelsea. If you compare his movement now to before last season, he's much more attacking, even vs Manchester United he caused them a lot of trouble with his runs. He still needs to work on creating more chances to score, but his movement on the pitch is brilliant, he's improving! If he could finish better there would be no doubt about him starting for us. He's still 25, plenty of time to improve.

Agree... Ive always thought Kalou has a tone of potential, its just that his body hasn't developed yet and he is still a little on the light side..

I'd go with this formation, should Cech and Alex become fit for West Brom....

-----Cech-----

-----Ivanovic-----Alex-----Terry-----A.Cole-----

-----Mikel-----

-----Essien-----Lampard-----

-----Anelka-----Drogba-----Malouda-----

Subs: Turnbull (GK), Ferreira, Zhirkov, Benayoun, Ramires, Kalou, Kakuta

Replace Anelka with Sturridge and that would probably be our strongest 11.....

Home match against realtivly weaker team. This is the best chance to give youth the opportunities.

My Formation

---------------------------------Cech----------------------------------------

Ivanovic------------------Terry-------------------Alex---------------Ashley

--------------------------------------Mikel------------------------------------------

------------------------Essien----------------------Malouda---------------------

--------------Sturridge-----------Drogba-----------------------Zhirkov

Kakuta should replace Zhirkov at hour mark.

Looking forward to this. Have been waiting for it since the end of the last season :P

Come on Chels lets get off to a good start!

Me too, it seems ages since we won the double. Heading up to the bridge sometime this afternoon. Good to see that there are no Engineering Works on the District Line, so hopefully it will be a smooth journey up to Stamford Bridge, unlike last year.

If we play 4-3-3 I can see Zhirkov or Malouda playing in Lamps' position. However with Lampard out Carlo may play 4-4-2 with Benayoun at the tip of the diamond, which I wouldn't mind seeing for a half in all honesty.

Lets not kid ourselves.

Pre season has been a big disappointment. We need to go out today and get 3 points no matter what. A good start to the season is vital imo. We've a run of 5 games where we would normally be expected to win with ease. I'm pretty confident that once we get those 5 games out of the way we'll be playing alot better.

Dont care what the score is today as long as we win.

If we play 4-3-3 I can see Zhirkov or Malouda playing in Lamps' position. However with Lampard out Carlo may play 4-4-2 with Benayoun at the tip of the diamond, which I wouldn't mind seeing for a half in all honesty.

Please no ! Everything but diamond formation.

Attacking through the middle is so hard in modern football. Many teams today play with two defensive-minded midfielders and that makes the diamond formation (or any other formation where you mainly attack through the middle) very easy to defend.

And we don't have the right players for the diamond formation You need players with great passing abilties and great vision in your midfield. Players who excell in the one-touch passing. And you need world-class (classic) number 10 to feed the strikers with great through balls. Those players are practically (sadly) extinct in modern football.

The only reason the diamond formation worked for Milan back in 2007 was because of legendary form of Kaka and Pirlo back then, especially Kaka's form, and the fact that Carlo put the main focus on the CL. In the domestic league they finished 4th.

So please, let's just stick to our 4-3-3 formation. We've booked a lot of succes with that formation so no reason to change. I know we're only facing WBA but still. If we book a good result Carlo might wanna keep playing the formation whistling.gif

(I'd rather play the 'English 4-4-2 formation'.)