Chelsea vs West Brom

BlueLion.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously Kalou is not good enough for Chelsea he really isn't and I don't think he's going to improve as a player as he's hitting his development peak now. He's had plenty'a chance ad I don't think he's proven himself to be of a high enough quality. Time to ship him off and get Neymar in!

Seriously Kalou is not good enough for Chelsea he really isn't and I don't think he's going to improve as a player as he's hitting his development peak now. He's had plenty'a chance ad I don't think he's proven himself to be of a high enough quality. Time to ship him off and get Neymar in!

I Agree to some extent , kalou is a good backup player for games against smaller teams but we do need someone better Neymar seems to fit the bill and would be cheaper than aguero. Though unfortunatly i think we will stick to our guns because carlo seems to rate kalou.

Disagree with you there. I think Kalou still has a lot more to give Chelsea. If you compare his movement now to before last season, he's much more attacking, even vs Manchester United he caused them a lot of trouble with his runs. He still needs to work on creating more chances to score, but his movement on the pitch is brilliant, he's improving! If he could finish better there would be no doubt about him starting for us. He's still 25, plenty of time to improve.

Disagree with you there. I think Kalou still has a lot more to give Chelsea. If you compare his movement now to before last season, he's much more attacking, even vs Manchester United he caused them a lot of trouble with his runs. He still needs to work on creating more chances to score, but his movement on the pitch is brilliant, he's improving! If he could finish better there would be no doubt about him starting for us. He's still 25, plenty of time to improve.

Agreed definitely more to come from Kalou.

I'd go with this formation, should Cech and Alex become fit for West Brom....

-----Cech-----

-----Ivanovic-----Alex-----Terry-----A.Cole-----

-----Mikel-----

-----Essien-----Lampard-----

-----Anelka-----Drogba-----Malouda-----

Subs: Turnbull (GK), Ferreira, Zhirkov, Benayoun, Ramires, Kalou, Kakuta

If Alex and Cech aren't fit, then Turnbull I reckon should get the nod over Hilario in goal, shift Ivanovic into CB alongside Terry, and put Ferreira at right-back. Jeffrey Bruma can be added to the bench.

If Ramires can sign before Saturday, bring him on from the bench in the second half for maybe, Mikel. Chelsea are known for bringing on new signings from off the bench, they don't usually put them straight into the starting XI. Prime example, Ashley Cole's debut was off the bench against Charlton in 2007.

Personally i don't think Kalou will "improve" now, certainly he can be an effective player for us still but i think is days of improvement are over.

Personally i don't think Kalou will "improve" now, certainly he can be an effective player for us still but i think is days of improvement are over.

Agree 100% I think that's why we should invest in someone better than him in his position. Maybe Benzema, Aguero, Neymar...

Agreed.

Yes.. Another player who can't keep it in his pants whistling.gif

I don't give a fuck about all that crap! What I really care about mostly, is their performance on the pitch! Benzema is a quality young player. Okay, La Liga might not be the scene for him, but he might enjoy the Premier League more.

I'd go with this formation, should Cech and Alex become fit for West Brom....

-----Cech-----

-----Ivanovic-----Alex-----Terry-----A.Cole-----

-----Mikel-----

-----Essien-----Lampard-----

-----Anelka-----Drogba-----Malouda-----

Subs: Turnbull (GK), Ferreira, Zhirkov, Benayoun, Ramires, Kalou, Kakuta

What about Sturridge? He looked brilliant in the community shield, very sharp and running at players. I expect him to be on the bench probably above Kakuta.

What about Sturridge? He looked brilliant in the community shield, very sharp and running at players. I expect him to be on the bench probably above Kakuta.

It was either Sturridge or Kakuta for me, I couldn't choose, I think Kakuta has more speed in him down the wing, so I chose him instead.

Drogba needs another two weeks to be fully fit so I wouldn't start him yet, too risky. That means Anelka will most likely start as CF. He's more CM than CF

dry.gif. We seriously lack creativity and skill in midfield so putting Malouda in midfield would really help our problem. Ancelotti's did it before so hoping he'll do it again, although he only did it because of injuries.

No Kalou please excl.gif. Only as a sub. I'll cry if he starts again.

Best possible formation:

Cech

Essien

Lampard Malouda

Sturridge Anelka Zhirkov

If you experiment a bit and take a little risk:

Cech

Ferreira Ivanovic Terry Cole

Essien

Lampard Matic

Sturridge Anelka Malouda

Or

Cech

Essien(DM) Lampard(CM)

Kakuta(AM)

Malouda Sturridge Zhirkov

(Too bad doesn't like to expirement or take a little risk sad.gif)

Made some few changes since Riccy left us..