Gael Kakuta MVP of U19 Champs

Jose M

I cant wait to see this kid rule the Premier League all he needs is a few starts and it will be the beggining of somthing truly exciting :worship:

The 2010 UEFA Under-19 European Championships have reached their conclusion and it was the hosts, France, who emerged victorious, following the trend set by Ukraine in the 2009 edition. Alexandre Lacazette, the outstanding young Olympique Lyonnais forward, scored the winning goal in the final off a sublime assist by the effervescent Gael Kakuta.

The result came as something of a shock to viewers as les Bleuets' opponents, Spain, had been heavily favoured to emerge on top. And despite a fine first half and indeed, preceding four matches, la Rojita were unable to contain a France team which considerably upped the tempo in the second half.

Gilles Sunu put his side back on level terms before Lacazette's late intervention. Frace saw off Croatia, narrowly, in the semi-finals while Spain ran out as convincing winners against England.

Here, Goal.com selects the best player from each of the final four teams.

FRANCE

Name: Gael Kakuta

Club: Chelsea

Position: Attacker

The Chelsea creator looked like a man in a child's game at times such was the level of dominance he enjoyed against The Netherlands and Austria in the group stages.

He found it hard to get to grips with the final until the second period but came into his own as the French turned the screw. His urgent run in the closing stages bamboozled the Spanish defence and his stood-up through pass for Lacazette showed a rare brand of vision.

Quite simply, Kakuta is the strongest prospect at these finals, bar none, and will challenge for a starting XI berth at Stamford Bridge next season.

The former RC Lens player, who was at the centre of the transfer scandal which engulfed Chelsea last season, is a versatile forward who is comfortable carrying the ball from either side of the attack and controlling games through the central sector. He has a wide array of tricks and skills in his locker and has a change of pace that can turn him away from most defenders.

France were irresistable at times during the two weeks of competition and a lot of the credit for their tournament win must go to Kakuta.

The Future looks bright blue%20scalf.gifUP BLUES!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The likes of benayoun & kalou will deny him first team appearances and prevent him from progressing.

If you care about the future of this club you will hope these players will either receive injuries or drop form, it really is that cut-throat for Kakuta to succeed here.

He would have been a superstar already if milan had got hold of him.

The likes of benayoun & kalou will deny him first team appearances and prevent him from progressing.

If you care about the future of this club you will hope these players will either receive injuries or drop form, it really is that cut-throat for Kakuta to succeed here.

He would have been a superstar already if milan had got hold of him.

Wow, that will certainly be a boost for the club ballack.gif

Wow, that will certainly be a boost for the club ballack.gif

I would much rather have a superstar than kalou & benayoun fully fit and being chosen over him.

Kakuta will never reach his potential if he's coming on for the last 10 minutes every game, injuries to average players is only a good thing in this case.

I would much rather have a superstar than kalou & benayoun fully fit and being chosen over him.

Kakuta will never reach his potential if he's coming on for the last 10 minutes every game, injuries to average players is only a good thing in this case.

So according to you, even if those two were to give 10/10 performances for the first 10 matches of the season, being instrumental in getting us 3 points in every match, you would still want them to be dropped.

So according to you, even if those two were to give 10/10 performances for the first 10 matches of the season, being instrumental in getting us 3 points in every match, you would still want them to be dropped.

Impossible.

Not even Messi & Ronaldo have ever given 10/10 performances for 10 games in a row. Kalou & Benayoun are amongst the weakest players in the team and won't get that opportunity anyway.

Impossible.

Not even Messi & Ronaldo have ever given 10/10 performances for 10 games in a row. Kalou & Benayoun are amongst the weakest players in the team and won't get that opportunity anyway.

I'm just being hypothetical on your point about Kakuta getting most of the match time regardless on how well he does out there.

I already said it and i will say it again, Gaël Kakuta for the right attacker position.

This guy has unbelievable potential and can easily grow out to be one of the biggest stars in football. His pace, skill, technique and agility is absolutely fantastic. The fact that he stick the ball to his feet at a very high tempo makes him very rare in current times. Only Messi and Robben have that. And like Messi and Robben he has a great shot.

Being left-footed and cutting in from the right, would make him almost impossible to defend. He would be forcing his direct opponents to try and stop him with their weak foot. That's one of the main reasons of Robben's and Messi's succes.

Don't get me wrong, he is far from there level. But he can easily grow to their level in the (near) future. Would he have been a Arsenal, Man Utd, Milan or Barcelona player, he would have played a lot (and i mean a lot) more. Because those teams aren't so damn scared to give great talents game time.

And also, take a look at his direct opponents for that position:

Kalou: a player who just isn't Chelsea XI material. A great supersub though.

Anelka: a striker who only plays in that role because the rest of the players just aren't good enough. I'm not saying Anelka sucks playing there, he does a decent job. He's like Dirk Kuyt in that matter. But he just isn't a right attacker. He misses the skill, technique, pace (he has great pace off the ball but not with the ball at his feet, he keeps slowing down) real right attackers do have.

That's why i think Kakuta should get a real shot for that position. Coming on the last 10, 15 minutes like TX said just isn't enough and will only hamper his progress. I'd rather loan him out if that's the case for him next season.

same old tune ,,,we all know what you think so why keep on spouoting

I already said it and i will say it again, Gaël Kakuta for the right attacker position.

This guy has unbelievable potential and can easily grow out to be one of the biggest stars in football. His pace, skill, technique and agility is absolutely fantastic. The fact that he stick the ball to his feet at a very high tempo makes him very rare in current times. Only Messi and Robben have that. And like Messi and Robben he has a great shot.

Being left-footed and cutting in from the right, would make him almost impossible to defend. He would be forcing his direct opponents to try and stop him with their weak foot. That's one of the main reasons of Robben's and Messi's succes.

Don't get me wrong, he is far from there level. But he can easily grow to their level in the (near) future. Would he have been a Arsenal, Man Utd, Milan or Barcelona player, he would have played a lot (and i mean a lot) more. Because those teams aren't so damn scared to give great talents game time.

And also, take a look at his direct opponents for that position:

Kalou: a player who just isn't Chelsea XI material. A great supersub though.

Anelka: a striker who only plays in that role because the rest of the players just aren't good enough. I'm not saying Anelka sucks playing there, he does a decent job. He's like Dirk Kuyt in that matter. But he just isn't a right attacker. He misses the skill, technique, pace (he has great pace off the ball but not with the ball at his feet, he keeps slowing down) real right attackers do have.

That's why i think Kakuta should get a real shot for that position. Coming on the last 10, 15 minutes like TX said just isn't enough and will only hamper his progress. I'd rather loan him out if that's the case for him next season.

I agree the sooner he cements his first team spot (Right Wing) the better, Have any of you watched any of the recent Team-mate interviews they usually ask the question "who's the most skillful in the squad" Carvalho, Lampard,Deco and Terry who are all seasoned campaigners all said 'Gael' was the most skillful and the most exciting talent at Stamford Bridge. I think Gael playing in our reserve side was good for him he's already had such a succesful two years after being awarded Youth player of the year in his first season at Chelsea, and now winning the U19 Champs. But now is the time for Carlo to atleast put him on the bench and replace him with Kalou at 60' for the next few games. UP Kakuta :worship:

Kakuta is not the type of player we should be looking to loan out lol, he can make a difference now to our team.

Edited by Badboy

Funny. Do you guys think you know something more than Carlo? Carlo has more than 10 years of experience. After all he said this: "We had no intensity and no concentration, it was a very bad game from us. The only positive of the night was Gaël Kakuta. He played very well, he showed his fantastic talent. He trains very well everyday and will be the future of Chelsea." And he also said that Kakuta will be in first team this season. I don't understand what some of you want to discover, the season hasn't even started.

Funny. Do you guys think you know something more than Carlo? Carlo has more than 10 years of experience. After all he said this: "We had no intensity and no concentration, it was a very bad game from us. The only positive of the night was Gaël Kakuta. He played very well, he showed his fantastic talent. He trains very well everyday and will be the future of Chelsea." And he also said that Kakuta will be in first team this season. I don't understand what some of you want to discover, the season hasn't even started.

:wank2: :wank2:

Yes he did say that, it was after the game versus APOEL. But the weird thing is, that he hardly played anymore (come to think of it, he didn't play at all after that game if i'm right). He will need a lot more game time if he is gonna be the future of Chelsea. They need to stop being so unbelievably carefull and take a look at the clubs I mentioned in my earlier post.

Let`s rate Carlo on what Carlo has done rather than previous managers..Carlo has won the double in his first season whilst giving several younsters their 1st team chances...sure Arsenal & Milan would have given him more games and they`ve won the title when? not since they`ve given so many youngsters large portions of games.

at Barca they have plenty of good young players who they bleed in gradually..perhaps the likes of Bojan played more than our youngsters..but the spanish league overall isn`t as good as the english..Barca have about 6 games a season where they have to put out their best team..Chelsea have about 20-25 in their league season.

Kakuta will play more games than he did last year of that i`ve no doubt,unless injuries take that option out of Carlo`s hands..like at times it did last year.

Carlo needed to win the title in his first two years..now he has already reached that target..he will have more room for error this year and therefore more oppurtunities for the youngsters,which has been indicated by the fact that several experienced players have been let go,with more likely to follow,without bringing in experienced players to replace them.

Let`s rate Carlo on what Carlo has done rather than previous managers..Carlo has won the double in his first season whilst giving several younsters their 1st team chances...sure Arsenal & Milan would have given him more games and they`ve won the title when? not since they`ve given so many youngsters large portions of games.

at Barca they have plenty of good young players who they bleed in gradually..perhaps the likes of Bojan played more than our youngsters..but the spanish league overall isn`t as good as the english..Barca have about 6 games a season where they have to put out their best team..Chelsea have about 20-25 in their league season.

Kakuta will play more games than he did last year of that i`ve no doubt,unless injuries take that option out of Carlo`s hands..like at times it did last year.

Carlo needed to win the title in his first two years..now he has already reached that target..he will have more room for error this year and therefore more oppurtunities for the youngsters,which has been indicated by the fact that several experienced players have been let go,with more likely to follow,without bringing in experienced players to replace them.

You're talking about game time for youngsters in general. When it comes to other youngsters like Sturridge, Bruma, Van Aanholt and Matic it was understandable that they play that much. They have very fierce competition to deal with. Although they could have played a lot more if you ask me. Even in the League Cup and the early rounds of the FA Cup we played with very experienced teams. Those times would have been perfect for the youngsters i mentioned to play. But that's a diffrent discussion. This discussion is about the player Kakuta. He's a different case when it comes to giving youngsters a lot of game time.

Kakuta is without a doubt one of most exciting talents in today's football. Easily up there with the likes of Pato (well Pato has outgrown the status of huge talent and has become a star player) Bojan, Balotelli, Wilshere, Neymar, Ganso and many more. Most people would probably disagree with that statement due to the fact of his very little game time. All those players have shown the world their great talent because they got the chance to show it. And they are all first XI players or very close to first XI football. Kakuta's competition isn't even that fierce. Our right attacker position could use some real quality.

That's why i'm hoping Carlo will give him a fair chance for a lot of first XI football next season. So I'll just wait and see what Carlo has planned for him next season.

Edited by Blue_Soldier