Gregory van der Wiel

Guest Homer2Chelsea

But if VDW does come in, then Ivan won't play at RB anymore, so that means we have Ivanovic, Alex, David Luiz, Terry and Bruma all competing for 2 CB spots.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I've never left Amsterdam and I don't know what life is like elsewhere. It would be a huge challenge, but it ought to work out well, I'm sure of that,'' he told FIFA. "I want to win trophies, keep progressing and play at the very highest level."

Arsenal have also been credited with an interest in the right-back after Van der Wiel revealed his idol was Gunners and former Feyenoord striker Robin Van Persie, but the Ajax man claims that that was a mistake.

"I should never have told the press that my boyhood idol was Robin van Persie," he admitted. "The [Ajax] supporters took a long time to forgive me for that."

• 1 month later...

I think that if Alex stays, we can play him as CB and Luiz as RB.

There's a problem with our coachs and some supporter lol. Why do we always want to play a player out of his position ? Why don't we want a real right back and why we always want to play center back at right back ?

That's racism against RBs <_<

There's a problem with our coachs and some supporter lol. Why do we always want to play a player out of his position ? Why don't we want a real right back and why we always want to play center back at right back ?

Racism? lmao

I didn't say play John Terry at right back, now that would be insane. From what I've heard, Luiz can also play as RB and as a defensive midfielder. He's good at going forward and he can do that through the right flank.

Haha agreed. Ivanovic has said before, he'd rather play centre back. Even though he's okay with playing right back, it's only for the sake of playing. We may as well buy a pure right back, since wing-backs are quite important in our squad. Let's hope Arnesen was right about us and VDW.

Racism? lmao

I didn't say play John Terry at right back, now that would be insane. From what I've heard, Luiz can also play as RB and as a defensive midfielder. He's good at going forward and he can do that trough the right flank.

But he isn't a right back, he is a CB, so he sould play in the center. I'ma okay to play him at RB if our RB is injured, but otherwise no ! We need to have a real right back. We have seen this year that to play center players on the wing isn't good.

Let's hope Arnesen was right about us and VDW.

More to the point, now that Arnesen is at Hamburg, let's hope he doesn't quote VDW as a good signing for them rather than us, like he declared his interest in Josh, and then suddenly Arsenal and United were interested.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You