Hilario or Turnbull?

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be picked to start the league?

• Hilario
    • Turnbull
    • Someone else

Obvously now we have to consider who will replace Cech as the goalkeeper in our first two fixtures with some importance, the community shield and the first game of the season.

Hilario could be chosen due to experience and has been used as a backup goalkeeper before and given good performances in matches like the 2-0 win against Liverpool. But at the same time has had disasters like the 4-2 defeat against Man City and has shone significant weaknesses such as kicking the ball out into play and containing high balls (against Stoke City).

Turnbull has given good all-round performances with good saves such as against Inter Milan, Bolton and West Ham, but has a problem with many people having little faith in him which can cause nervousness and a tendency to be used as a scapegoat.

I personally would pick Ross

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be a bit odd here and say Hilario should start. I think Ancelotti will give them both a run out in each games of pre-season. But there must be some ability in Hilario, Carlo certainly trusts him as a second choice, so we should too :)

Turnbull definately..

he handled the huge Inter game well and no other games in the following month are anywhere near as big a game as that was, so we should absolutely pick him..although about 10 years Hilario`s junior he plays a lot steadier than him...Hilario has made a few great saves over the years,but he`s also let in some shots that he should have easily saved. Turnbull on the other hand might not be able to pull off the world class saves..but least you know if he`s beaten..it`s by a good shot or header.

whoever Carlo doesn`t pick out of the two is probably not far from the exit door...as much as Hilario is a likeable guy ,as most back up goalies usually are..i hope it`s him.

Turnbull all the way. He kicks ball very well, he is taller, much more confident in the air, concentrated and I'm not shitting my pants every time ball goes near him like I do with Hilario. I'm just affraid the ball will somehow go in like with Green. We should get rid of him and make Turnbull our 2nd choice and Delac as 3rd.

Turnbull all the way. He kicks ball very well, he is taller, much more confident in the air, concentrated and I'm not shitting my pants every time ball goes near him like I do with Hilario. I'm just affraid the ball will somehow go in like with Green. We should get rid of him and make Turnbull our 2nd choice and Delac as 3rd.

This!emo3.gif

Wish we still had Cudicini, top class keeper, but he really does deserve to be starting in all honesty so I don't blame him for leaving, although I did see him make some top class saves for the Spuds yesterday, reminding me why we loved him so much. I think Hilario is miles better than Turnbull, but that doesn't make him a good keeper by any means. We could get David James, and he's be an excellent back-up, in all honesty.