Yossi Benayoun

Milan

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about the transfer fee but the wages we will be saving and freeing the foreign player spot he is currently occupying.

I know that but if we get around £3-4m for him it would be good. We could use that money for a better bid to Wigan for example.

I know that but if we get around £3-4m for him it would be good. We could use that money for a better bid to Wigan for example.

We got Cahill for 7m, who he was in his last 6 months of his contract...

Then again, he's younger than the 3 mentioned...

Remember he only have 1 year left on contract. Dirk Kuyt left Liverpool for Fenerbache for only £1m and Cahill for £2m to New york red bulls.

I know, but if we can flog him to Anzhi they'll probably offer us £20 million plus add-ons.

Maybe they can make a double swoop for him and Malouda? For just £30m.. :D

Right now, think it's more crucial clearing up the wage bills than contemplating about how much we can get for Benayoun and/or Malouda. We won't get much from selling them but the wages they are on is a bit crazy!

Right now, think it's more crucial clearing up the wage bills than contemplating about how much we can get for Benayoun and/or Malouda. We won't get much from selling them but the wages they are on is a bit crazy!

Agree + the foreign player spot.

We have let far too much experience go this season, with the youth coming into the side this season we need to keep experienced heads and Yossi is certainly one of them.

Personally, not sure about keeping Benayoun especially when it looked like we already have plenty of other options in his position. Think he and Malouda can leave. Keep Meireles and maybe Essien for one more year at least.

And yeah, I do agree with the first part there. It totally annoys me lately to see so many Chelsea fans thinking just because we have bought Hazard, Marin, Oscar, KDB etc, we can just toss out the experience players out of the window immediately. It just doesn't work that way!

Personally, not sure about keeping Benayoun especially when it looked like we already have plenty of other options in his position. Think he and Malouda can leave. Keep Meireles and maybe Essien for one more year at least.

And yeah, I do agree with the first part there. It totally annoys me lately to see so many Chelsea fans thinking just because we have bought Hazard, Marin, Oscar, KDB etc, we can just toss out the experience players out of the window immediately. It just doesn't work that way!

Agreed, if some fans got their way we would have a squad full of 16-23 players.

Agreed, if some fans got their way we would have a squad full of 16-23 players.

A case of people underestimating experience when those players can still be useful, even as a squad player for another year or two and overhyping our youth signings too much. Only have to look at Arsenal 4-5 years ago when they sold their experience players and brought in youth.