Yossi Benayoun

Milan

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that really any different from Pique congratulating us on twitter when we won the CL?

Nhh he was being nice :P then again guess he did come from there..which kinda forgot about thought he came from Fulham or Spurs for some reason.Guessinng he aint coming back.Never really got why we loaned him to Arsenal being a rival but hey...shame really he werent a bad player

Nhh he was being nice :P then again guess he did come from there..which kinda forgot about thought he came from Fulham or Spurs for some reason.Guessinng he aint coming back.Never really got why we loaned him to Arsenal being a rival but hey...shame really he werent a bad player

I think he would be a useful squad player next season, Arsenal fans rate him as that too and the one's i speak too would not complain if they sign him permanently,

Im gonna opt for the old TX argument that he will block Kakuta's progress. This upcoming season is definitely the one in which Kakuta should be a first team member of the squad, he should certainly take Malouda's role in the squad. Benayoun was a fine stop-gap at the time, a shame that he got injured when he did but Id much rather we give any first team minutes that might come Benayoun's way this season to Kakuta.

Im gonna opt for the old TX argument that he will block Kakuta's progress. This upcoming season is definitely the one in which Kakuta should be a first team member of the squad, he should certainly take Malouda's role in the squad. Benayoun was a fine stop-gap at the time, a shame that he got injured when he did but Id much rather we give any first team minutes that might come Benayoun's way this season to Kakuta.

Kakuta? He's going on loan next season. Chelsea have Mata, Hazard, Marin, and Malouda who can play LW so even if Malouda goes (which is likely), no playing time available for Kakuta. It's one thing I would really like to see change at Chelsea, and that is letting young players have some role on the bench. I realise that you have to have experienced depth, but Chelsea play a lot of games, and I would like to see a roll like Malouda or Essien's last season going to a younger player... but it won't.

As for this thread, it's crazy . Benayoun shouldn't have been loaned this season and should have just played instead of buying Meireles. Beyanoun is actually quite a decent squad player. Being on loan is difficult for a player. He has to be loyal to the club he's playing with and that's Arsenal, what's he supposed to do, not try? And as for congratulating Liverpool, he played there for 3 seasons and probably has friends there. If a player were with Chelsea for 3 seasons and then moved on elsewhere and tweeted "best of luck to Chelsea on their new manager" or whatever, we'd all treat him like he's pure class. Lay off him already, the level of vitriol is ridiculous.

Disagree about Kakuta likeliness to go out on loan next season. Please do remember that we have a potential 60+ games to play next season. Especially if Malouda goes we certainly need another body up there, and Kakuta is the man for the job.

We'd have Kakuta, Marin, Hazard, Mata, Hulk and potentially Ramires filling out for 3 positions, which is fine.

I don't like it when people write off Kakuta, many forget the lad's only 21. He still has to mature as a player, and we all know he has the talent.

We need to give Gael a proper season as a squad player before we write him off. Take a look at the Bertrand situation. Bertrand is now 22 and has just emerged as a squad player. Sturridge, Welbeck, Cleverly etc. Even Franco Di Santo is turning out to be a decent player for Wigan now, mostly due to him maturing. Same needs to happen with Gael. Give him a chance guys.

Regarding Yossi, I feel his time with the club is up. He'd be a useful player but we need to develop the likes of Kakuta, KDB, Piazon etc. so I'd rather that than him sort of blocking their progress. I feel it'd be better for his own career too. He's 32. Wish him all the best, shame he wasn't useful here but we need to look long term.

Kakuta? He's going on loan next season. Chelsea have Mata, Hazard, Marin, and Malouda who can play LW so even if Malouda goes (which is likely), no playing time available for Kakuta. It's one thing I would really like to see change at Chelsea, and that is letting young players have some role on the bench. I realise that you have to have experienced depth, but Chelsea play a lot of games, and I would like to see a roll like Malouda or Essien's last season going to a younger player... but it won't.

As for this thread, it's crazy . Benayoun shouldn't have been loaned this season and should have just played instead of buying Meireles. Beyanoun is actually quite a decent squad player. Being on loan is difficult for a player. He has to be loyal to the club he's playing with and that's Arsenal, what's he supposed to do, not try? And as for congratulating Liverpool, he played there for 3 seasons and probably has friends there. If a player were with Chelsea for 3 seasons and then moved on elsewhere and tweeted "best of luck to Chelsea on their new manager" or whatever, we'd all treat him like he's pure class. Lay off him already, the level of vitriol is ridiculous.

As has been said below, we could have over 60 games next season, not everyone will be fit and available for those games and Kakuta can play left wing, right wing and behind the striker, will he be the first choice replacement? No, but he would definitely get enough playing time to justify keeping him at the club this season.

Maybe the gods pushed the loan to Arsenal through, so he will get them the extra points and we would fuck up Tottenham in the most painful way possible?

Probably. :lol:

Would have definitely like to see Arsenal miss out on it mainly because of the way Wenger seems to take so much pride from qualifying for the CL every season. Had Arsenal been in Spurs's place instead, Wenger's reaction would have been priceless.

Is it just me or you are comparing a player who has 150+ pro games already and was sufficiently consistent and performing on loan to earn a role at Chelsea with another spoiled rotten kid who hasn't more than 5 good games in bottom Ligue 1 table at 21 ?

Please stop overrating Kakuta who hasn't (and won't, I'm convinced of that for more than 4 years) the proper mentality to use is "talent" properly.

Your 60 games scheduled point is right but I prefer keeping Benayoun over Kakuta every day of the week.

Kakuta has all the talent at his disposal. He just needs to move to the correct club, a club that will nurture him and help him fulfill his potential.

I honestly hope the kid leaves Chelsea for the sake of his own future. He should go back to Ligue 1, get some proper game time and then earn a move to one of Europe's top clubs in a few seasons time.

Anyway, with the signings of De Bruyne & Marin, Kakuta probably won't be a CFC player for much longer.

As for Benayoun..would of been good if he stayed at Chelsea...but considering he was loaned out to Arsenal, even though we lacked options on the wings...he won't be playing another game in a CFC shirt.

As has been said below, we could have over 60 games next season, not everyone will be fit and available for those games and Kakuta can play left wing, right wing and behind the striker, will he be the first choice replacement? No, but he would definitely get enough playing time to justify keeping him at the club this season.

We have Hazard, Mata, Hulk, Sturridge, Malouda, Marin, Meireles, Benayoun, Ramires, likely De Bruyne, and maybe even Piazon all ahead of Kakuta just at these positions. We'd have to sell Malouda and Benayoun and let De Bruyne and Piazon go on loan just for Kakuta to be the 8th choice winger/attacking midfielder on the squad. He'll go out on loan or he'll sit even more than Lukaku did this season..

Whether Kakuta (or any other similar academy/reserve product) possesses the mentality or ability to claim a starting role is debatable till they're actually thrown in at the deep end but what cannot be refuted is that these players can certainly be utilised as a part of the 24-25 man squad, instead of using guys like Benayoun/Ferreira and that too for a fraction of their wages. With all the additional competitions we're going to be playing this season, surely Kakuta is good enough to get a few games here and there. Until you've given him the chance to prove himself here, I don't understand how he can be written off.

We have Hazard, Mata, Hulk, Sturridge, Malouda, Marin, Meireles, Benayoun, Ramires, likely De Bruyne, and maybe even Piazon all ahead of Kakuta just at these positions. We'd have to sell Malouda and Benayoun and let De Bruyne and Piazon go on loan just for Kakuta to be the 8th choice winger/attacking midfielder on the squad. He'll go out on loan or he'll sit even more than Lukaku did this season..

Meireles isn't likely to be played out wide. Malouda might be sold. Piazon won't be catapulted into the first team yet.

Meireles isn't likely to be played out wide. Malouda might be sold. Piazon won't be catapulted into the first team yet.

But Meireles can play behind the striker. I agree Piazon won't be on the first team and Malouda might be sold, but it doesn't matter. Kakuta was going to have a hard time getting into games and that was before Chelsea bought Hazard and probably Hulk. If Chelsea play a 4-2-3-1, the 3 would be Hazard, Mata, and Hulk. That means, even if Malouda and Benayoun get sold, Ramires, Marin, Meireles, and Sturridge would all be ahead of Kakuta as cover. At best, that makes Kakuta 5th among backups which means he wouldn't even get time on the Chelsea bench. (Which would be, even saying Chelsea get rid of Malouda and Benayoun: 7 of Turnbull, Luiz/Cahill, new RB, Bertrand, Sturridge, Marin, Ramires, Meirieles ,Essien, Romeu, Lukaku.) If I thought that McEachran or Kakuta or Piazon would get semi-regular playing time, I'd be all for keeping them at the club, but they are so far down the pecking order, that they'd never play except as subs in the 87th minute in games that were already out of hand.

Is it just me or you are comparing a player who has 150+ pro games already and was sufficiently consistent and performing on loan to earn a role at Chelsea with another spoiled rotten kid who hasn't more than 5 good games in bottom Ligue 1 table at 21 ?

Please stop overrating Kakuta who hasn't (and won't, I'm convinced of that for more than 4 years) the proper mentality to use is "talent" properly.

Your 60 games scheduled point is right but I prefer keeping Benayoun over Kakuta every day of the week.

I've always been an admirer of Benayoun, he's a genuine nice guy who doesn't makes problems in a squad, he's the perfect squad player. Nonetheless he's been treated like shit by Benitez at Liverpool then by Villas Boas at Chelsea (the loan deal with Wenger has ben agreed with Villas Boas in a plane through Zurich for a compensation like "give me your dessert I'll give you Benayoun"). And it's the same coming from fans who take every opportunity available to kick him.

He's a pro footballer who only wants to play football, he was the most performing Arsenal players on the last 10 games of the season because it's the only thing that was expected from him. But people are still likely to say it was only Chelsea not having the CL spot :doh:

Hold on mate... Spoiled and rotten? How did you conclude that? Also how have I overrated him? Isn't Kakuta a pro footballer who wants to play football too? Funny how you've completely neglected my other examples such as Sturridge, Cleverley or Welbeck who all had nowhere near as many appearances as Bertrand did, especially when they were 20.

There is no denying that Kakuta has talent. I don't see how anyone could oppose keeping a 20 year old who could still improve and threaten the first team over a 32 year old who's never likely to be a first team player anyway. Benayoun is a decent player yes, but you cannot deny that Kakuta has more talent than he ever will have.

Kakuta's mentality is definitely questionable, but he's 20. The one problem with Kakuta is, he knows he's good already so he doesn't work too hard in training. BUT you can't just write someone who was golden player ahead of someone like Thiago from Barcelona at the U19 Euro's in 2010. The likes of Michael Ballack, and even Carlo Ancelotti (recently even) have come out and said the guy's a star. With him being at such a young age, his mental attributes obviously need honing but it's absurd that some would rather have a 32 year old who won't offer anything special but decent cover over a kid who has all the talent. It's exactly this mentality with us fans that I don't understand; we scream at our club for not developing players correctly yet when we have the opportunity to we'd rather go with the 'safe' option.

Having Kakuta in the squad over Benayoun is common sense to me. It reduces the average age, it gives the guy with more talent an actual chance to develop and hone himself and who knows, stake a claim for the first team in the future, most likely cheaper to keep at the club, home grown etc. etc. etc...

I doubt that if Kakuta stayed at the club that Sturridge, Meireles, De Bruyne or Piazon would be ahead of him. 8th choice winger? Christ. Benayoun and Malouda are debatable as well. My initial suggestion was that if we sold the likes Malouda and Benayoun, Kakuta would be more than good enough to fill in that squad hole.

It's absurd to suggest Piazon in that list even, people say Kakuta is being overrated but yet are overrating another player who isn't ready for the first team at all. Piazon has talent definitely, has a great head on his shoulders but he's still developing, and he hasn't reached the age where he'll start maturing as a footballer like where Kakuta is at now. Loads of people have been tainted by this stupid wonderkid tag, that every decent prospect should be bagging in games at a young age like Fabregas, Messi and Rooney. It doesn't happen too often, but that doesn't mean one bit that they can't develop into a good player. Even Frank Lampard was questioned when he came here, and look how he developed. Kakuta hasn't matured yet, he needs more games before you start writing him off. Ridiculous.

I'll give you the example of Fabio Borini, who the club didn't rate enough. We offered him a contract and everything but he went off to Roma, a club that decided to put their trust in him. Now look at him, he's fighting for that number one striker spot with Bojan, the beloved wonderkid that everyone thought was destined to be a world class player. Even Bojan got games at Barcelona, Kakuta had 6 for us, mostly subs, whilst Bojan had over a hundred games for Barcelona. We've also got Jack Cork who looks a very good prospect too now a days. Crucial to Southampton's promotion last season. Another youth that could've been useful over the likes of Meireles, and perhaps even Romeu. If the current Jack Cork was still playing for us he'd easily be able to cover instead the likes of those two.

KDB isn't nearly as effective on the wing as he is in the centre. He started his career in the centre, and has stated he prefers that role at Genk as well. He was moved to the deep lying playmaker role and everything started to go through him, he instantly became the centre of the team. So the best position for KDB in my opinion is as a CM.

One thing I also don't understand is how people can write off players just because they didn't become a star player at a team they were loaned to. By that logic we shouldn't be giving Josh McEachran any chances either. Give the youngsters time and patience people, and stop slagging them off. Get behind them.

Sorry for the long-winded post but it really does my head in when people simply write off the likes of Kakuta. I'm not taking a pot shot at Benayoun as I do believe he could have been decent for us, but it's time for the new Chelsea to arise. We need to allow our youngsters with decent promise the space and give our youngsters a chance to flourish instead of oppressing them over and over again.