Sami Khedira

RX8

Here in Belgium, nobody understood why he wasn't seleted

I guess its a combination of him never playing for a major club in Belguim and playing for a small side in Italy. You would think he would be a regular now, he is playing for a major side in Italy.

Looking forward to the Roma and City clash in midweek.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Ramires isn't better than Khedira. Never in a million years. I'd still take Ramires over him though

And since we're talking about under-rated defenders, Fabian Delph and Ki Sueng Young are the two most under-rated players in the league. Especially the latter.

:lol: Ramires isn't better than Khedira. Never in a million years. I'd still take Ramires over him though

And since we're talking about under-rated defenders, Fabian Delph and Ki Sueng Young are the two most under-rated players in the league. Especially the latter.

Ask El Real what he thinks.

Got to agree. But Ramires does have better legs though. I think Sami is marginally better in most other aspects.

Also agree on Ki being super under-rated. He is a neat and tidy passer with good vision and control. Think he would do comfortably in a bigger club.

Got to agree. But Ramires does have better legs though. I think Sami is marginally better in most other aspects.

Also agree on Ki being super under-rated. He is a neat and tidy passer with good vision and control. Think he would do comfortably in a bigger club.

Yeah, Ramires is more mobile but that's about it.

I'm surprised a big club hasn't taken him already, I'd like him here

He is too injury prone. Ramires doesn't get injured.

Ramires is kinda injured right now mate... And he's done his knee ligaments before too. It's not like Ramires doesn't get injured. Also, getting injured less doesn't make you a better player anyway. I'd rather have Khedira for 75% of the season rather than Ramires for 100% of it.

Ramires is kinda injured right now mate... And he's done his knee ligaments before too. It's not like Ramires doesn't get injured. Also, getting injured less doesn't make you a better player anyway. I'd rather have Khedira for 75% of the season rather than Ramires for 100% of it.

Khedira is massively overrated. Uncoordinated, doesn't offer a great physical presence, not a great passer, clumsy, slower than molasses. He does some things well, but nothing great. Ramires has pace, physiciality, and is capable of brilliance (Barca goal, Evertom this year). He also has better workrate. I would never swap Khedira for Rambo.

Khedira is massively overrated. Uncoordinated, doesn't offer a great physical presence, not a great passer, clumsy, slower than molasses. He does some things well, but nothing great. Ramires has pace, physiciality, and is capable of brilliance (Barca goal, Evertom this year). He also has better workrate. I would never swap Khedira for Rambo.

I respect your opinion on the 2 of them. But dear christ I could not disagree more. Ramires is capable of brilliance. That kinda suggests that Khedira isn't? Tell me you're not suggesting that. If you are, rewatch the Germany vs Brazil game from the world cup. Ramires does have a better workrate but that's it.

Tbh i'm sorry but i'm not sure I can take your argument seriously if you're saying that Khedira isn't a great passer when comparing him to Ramires who is arguably the worst passer in our team. He doesn't have a creative bone in his body and has no passing ability to speak of whatsoever. I'd rather see Mikel passing the ball than Ramires. 99% of Chelsea fans will agree with me there too (maybe not on the Mikl thing, he ain't popular).

You've mentioned his flashes of brilliances against Everton and Barca too, and yes, you're right, he had some great moments in those games. But that's the point; it's incredibly rare that he has those flashes of brilliance, Khedira would provide them far more frequently. And I won't even begin to compare Khedira's reliability over Ramires. Rambo gets booked in like 90% of the games he completes 90mins in, and gets sent off at least twice a season.

I respect your opinion on the 2 of them. But dear christ I could not disagree more. Ramires is capable of brilliance. That kinda suggests that Khedira isn't? Tell me you're not suggesting that. If you are, rewatch the Germany vs Brazil game from the world cup. Ramires does have a better workrate but that's it.

Tbh i'm sorry but i'm not sure I can take your argument seriously if you're saying that Khedira isn't a great passer when comparing him to Ramires who is arguably the worst passer in our team. He doesn't have a creative bone in his body and has no passing ability to speak of whatsoever. I'd rather see Mikel passing the ball than Ramires. 99% of Chelsea fans will agree with me there too (maybe not on the Mikl thing, he ain't popular).

You've mentioned his flashes of brilliances against Everton and Barca too, and yes, you're right, he had some great moments in those games. But that's the point; it's incredibly rare that he has those flashes of brilliance, Khedira would provide them far more frequently. And I won't even begin to compare Khedira's reliability over Ramires. Rambo gets booked in like 90% of the games he completes 90mins in, and gets sent off at least twice a season.

Maybe that wasn't the best argument, as nearly every professional player is capable of brilliance, but Khedira is just not that impressive. He's a DM who is decent defensively, and while Ramires is a poor passer, Khedira misplaces quite a few passes himself. His lack of pace I think would really hurt him in the PL, while that is one of the reasons we a have the general consensus Rambo is a must in "big games". And Khedira's "reliability" is non existenst when you take into account the amount of games he has missed due to injury in the last 2 years, which is 57. Ramires doesn't get injured.

Even if this happens it'll still be the Cesc-Matic pivot for most games. I doubt he'll come here if he isn't guaranteed regular first team football. He isn't getting any younger.

If he gets good money he will be happy to be a bench warmer.

Maybe that wasn't the best argument, as nearly every professional player is capable of brilliance, but Khedira is just not that impressive. He's a DM who is decent defensively, and while Ramires is a poor passer, Khedira misplaces quite a few passes himself. His lack of pace I think would really hurt him in the PL, while that is one of the reasons we a have the general consensus Rambo is a must in "big games". And Khedira's "reliability" is non existenst when you take into account the amount of games he has missed due to injury in the last 2 years, which is 57. Ramires doesn't get injured.

Plenty of midfielders lack pace in the Premier League and it's not like Khedira is slow, he just has poor accelaration and turn of pace. Barry, Alonso, Arteta, Carrick, Scholes, Matic, Fabregas, Ballack, Makelele, Lampard, Keane, Viera, etc all weren't quick and nimble but are some of the greats of the Premier League. Ramires is just an oddity, a Midfielder with the speed of a winger.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You