Sami Khedira

RX8

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes sense though. Xabi turns 33 in a few days, Lahm and Schweinsteiger are in their 30s, too. Thiago is the next Abou Diaby. Javi Martinez I haven't heard of him since God knows when. Seems the right move for him. One thing I know is that Cesc, Matic and Oscar would have been ahead of him in the pecking order here.

Makes sense though. Xabi turns 33 in a few days, Lahm and Schweinsteiger are in their 30s, too. Thiago is the next Abou Diaby. Javi Martinez I haven't heard of him since God knows when. Seems the right move for him. One thing I know is that Cesc, Matic and Oscar would have been ahead of him in the pecking order here.

Lahm injured too

Khedira doesn't make sense for Bayern to be honest, hes not exactly a direct replacement for Schweinsteiger or Lahm who are much more rounded players than he is and they don't even use Javi Martinez as a box to box midfielder anymore as well as having Thiago, a few promising youngsters and Sebastian Rode so I'm a bit baffled to why he would go there or why Pep would want him.

Khedira is not the quality, Bayern or us should be looking for to replace anyone. If anything he could give us further depth in a department we lack it. But it would be a short time solution given the emergence of Chalobah, van Ginkel etc. Also BAyern might have injury problems with most of their midfielders, but they got hojberg and rhode as covers who already are close to khedira level. Actually i can only see him staying at real or joining arsenal.

• 1 month later...

I think we should sign this guy on a pre-contract and put him beside Matic. He is very good defensively AND attackingly. Then we can move Cesc to the #10 role.

I think you'd be surprised at how not 'attackingly' Khedira is. He's a good cog to have but not exactly an offensive weapon.

I think you'd be surprised at how not 'attackingly' Khedira is. He's a good cog to have but not exactly an offensive weapon.

Yes, his main quality is his defensive work and he generally stays back a lot. But, he is no slouch at attacking either and he is technichally well-rounded. Refer to Toni Kroos' goal against Brasil, where Khedira played a big part.

Like Gary Neville said, in this day and age your defensive players also need to be good with the ball, something that Khedira is good at and the likes of Mikel are not. Both Khedira and Mikel are defensive players but the massive difference between them is that Khedira can also be offensive if he wants to be.

But it would be a short time solution given the emergence of Chalobah, van Ginkel etc.

Wtf? Do u honestly think that our transfer policy has anything to do with the likes of chalobah? Or any "can be" player?

Yesterday I said we should sign this guy, today I'm saying we MUST sign him. I honestly think we can't win the CL with Fabregas in the pivot. Khedira will give us immense solidity.

I know he is cup tied but he will be a massive help in any game.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You