Ramires

Great back-up for Essien if he does come. The fact that he can play every position in midfield is a great plus. 20 mil pounds is a lot of money though.

I'm still hoping for a real playmaker to join us, since we dont have one ! An experienced (26-28) one so McEachran can follow him up in four years or so. Van der Vaart or Mikel Arteta would be great buy and not too expensive aswell.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikel is a fantastic player I agree but most people fail to recognize this because he isn't being a "hero".

Like a previous post, 23 and captain of his country, all he will do is improve :blue scalf:

Great post! I reckon he will be great! I still think he is being played out of position and we be better suited in a more forward role but for me he keeps getting better and better every season in a position that is arguably the most difficult to play in.

As for Ramires, at 23 clearly has plenty of talent (you cant be a shit player and play for Brazil) and from what I hear he is nicknamed the Kenyan or something for his stamina and endurance much like Essien. Would be an excellent buy imo

As for Ramires, at 23 clearly has plenty of talent (you cant be a shit player and play for Brazil) and from what I hear he is nicknamed the Kenyan or something for his stamina and endurance much like Essien. Would be an excellent buy imo

Blue Kenyan is his nickname..how fitting,seeing as he`s about to join the blues.. blue%20scalf.gif

as for the folks who see him as a DM..i can`t say i do..i think he will either play the right CM in a diamond formation..or the right side of a 3 man midfield...he could play DM if needed,but the previous positions is where i see him playing for us.

great signing..(aslong as it goes through as expected..) lots to give us..young,very good allround midfielder.

Great back-up for Essien if he does come. The fact that he can play every position in midfield is a great plus. 20 mil pounds is a lot of money though.

I'm still hoping for a real playmaker to join us, since we dont have one ! An experienced (26-28) one so McEachran can follow him up in four years or so. Van der Vaart or Mikel Arteta would be great buy and not too expensive aswell.

have always thought Arteta would be a great buy

I would be really happy if the club managed to sign ramires, he is a player with great attacking and defensive balance. He is very similar to Essien in the way he presses the ball, and uses his brilliant pace to go forward and back. The only thing that worries me about him is he loves a 50/50 challenge and he could get sent off on occasions.

Guest THE BEAST

My link

hopefully there is an agreement that has been reached between us and benfica and the player .

let's just cross our fingers and hope he will be here soon and luiz will follow him

Well I'll wait to see him at the bridge first to welcpme him, however i thing we will ve a very good player for us this will help the team pushing Mikel a little moré so they will

improve both.

I still Belive Essien will play a moré attacking position and the back midfield will be Mikel and maybe Ramirez Job for Now

I think Essien is better as defensive midfielder, he's the best in the world at doing it. Ramiers is 23 so there's still time to mould him into a more attacking player, I wonder if Carlo will perhaps try to play the 2 as holding midfielders with Malouda, Lampard and Anelka just ahead, leaving Drogba in a much more deeper attacking role.

I think Essien is better as defensive midfielder, he's the best in the world at doing it. Ramiers is 23 so there's still time to mould him into a more attacking player, I wonder if Carlo will perhaps try to play the 2 as holding midfielders with Malouda, Lampard and Anelka just ahead, leaving Drogba in a much more deeper attacking role.

So, something along the lines of this...

----Cech*----

----Ivanovic----Terry----Alex*----A.Cole----

----Ramires----Essien----

----Anelka----Lampard----Malouda----

----Drogba----

* Players currently injured

So, something along the lines of this...

----Cech*----

----Ivanovic----Terry----Alex*----A.Cole----

----Ramires----Essien----

----Anelka----Lampard----Malouda----

----Drogba----

* Players currently injured

Drogba*

Chelsea hope to secure the capture of Benfica's Brazil midfielder Ramires this week, when he returns to Lisbon from his post-World Cup break. Ramires will discuss the proposed transfer with Benfica's directors and he is expected to move to west London for €20m (£16.8m). The Portuguese club would also be entitled to performance-related bonuses.

The deal has not yet been concluded and Benfica would like to discuss Chelsea including players in part-exchange. But, having added only the midfielder Yossi Benayoun so far this summer, the Chelsea manager, Carlo Ancelotti, is close to broadening his options.

Ancelotti has seen the midfielders Joe Cole and Michael Ballack leave the club as free agents and another midfielder, Deco, is expected to return to his native Brazil, so that he might spend more time with his seriously ill young son. Chelsea have also released the defender Juliano Belletti.

Ramires, 23, is a competitive and durable midfielder – he is rarely injured – and he would appear well suited to the Premier League. If Benfica were to sell him, it would suit them to close the deal quickly, so that they could sign a replacement. The businessman Kia Joorabchian has a 50% stake in the player.

-----------------------------------------

Source:- The Guardian

-----------------------------------------

they can have Ferriera,Carvalho (just to piss Jose and Madrid off..Jose for playing mind games with our players and Madrid for the Robinho "incident") and Di Santo. and we`ll give them 5 mill instead of 16.8...or we can just give them the straight cash deal like already planned...

Well this might complicate things a little bit. But les be positive and hope everything goes right and fast so he can get into the rest of pre season as fast as he can.

PREMIER LEAGUE chiefs are closely monitoring Chelsea's £20million move for Brazil's Ramires to make sure it does not break transfer regulations.

Top-flight bigwigs have been alerted to the fact that controversial agent Kia Joorabchian holds a 50 per cent stake in the player.

And they will not sanction Ramires' switch if there is any question of third-party ownership.

Joorabchian paid Benfica £5m in April this year for a half share of Ramires, 23.

Leading agent Pini Zahavi is thought to be one of the private investors who owns a further 30 per cent of the player.

It means that if the £20m deal does go through, Portuguese outfit Benfica will pocket just £4m - the remaining 20 per cent.

But Joorabchian would double his investment and trouser £10m.

Premier League rules clearly state that Chelsea must pay every penny of the transfer fee directly to Benfica.

And the Lisbon club must then come to an arrangement with the player's other owners before the deal can be ratified.

A Premier League spokesman said: "Our rules are very clear on this matter - no element of third-party ownership is allowed in the Premier League.

"If a transfer takes place, it must be a club-to-club arrangement.

"Some other countries still allow the existence of third-party agreements but we will not sanction any deal which does not meet our criteria."

The Premier League's hard-line stance was introduced last year as a direct result of the Carlos Tevez saga in 2007.

It was West Ham's failure to disclose Joorabchian's ownership of Tevez and fellow Argentine star Javier Mascherano which led to them being fined £5.5m and paying £20m compensation to relegated Sheffield United.

Chelsea hope to tie up the signing of Ramires before they jet out for their pre-season trip to Germany on Sunday.

But the complicated question of his ownership could delay the completion of the deal.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3069737/Premier-League-chiefs-to-KO-Chelseas-Ramires-raid.html#ixzz0uqkjxiW2

Who could we consider trading? Deco wouldn't be open to hit, he already stated he wants to go back to Brazil

Ferreira springs to mind, or Franco. I don't follow the Portuguese league though, and don't know if they're the kind of players Benfica are on the lookout for.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You