Chelsea vs Manchester United

TBH this is nothing more than a glorified friendly. It would be nice to dish out another thrashing to United but it is more important to build up fitness. Plus I don't expect many WC players to play so it will be mainly for the squad players and youngsters. I doubt it will be a classic but a win and a trophy would be a nice way to start!

i expect most of the wc cup players to play, if they dont play against united then how are they going to be fit enough to play against west brom?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH this is nothing more than a glorified friendly. It would be nice to dish out another thrashing to United but it is more important to build up fitness. Plus I don't expect many WC players to play so it will be mainly for the squad players and youngsters. I doubt it will be a classic but a win and a trophy would be a nice way to start!

Of course the WC players are gonna play! It'll be a first team squad out there except the injured guys obviously.

I disagree. It counts nothing towards the league season but it is a massive confidence boost and potentially a psychological victory over our biggest challenger in many ways.

possible starting line up -

..................................................Hilario.....................................

...Ivanovich..............Carvalho...............Terry...........A.Cole....

..................................................Mikel.......................................

.............................Essien.........................Lampard..................

..........Kalou.........................Anelka........................Malouda.....

Subs - Turnbull, Ferreira, Zhirkov, Matic, Benayoun, Sturridge, Deco

Edited by jmarlow

Always nice to beat Man Utd, even it's only the Community Shield. Great boost for the confidence of our players.

My starting line-up with the current and available team

..............................................Hilario...............................................

Iva...................Carvalho.........................Terry.......................Cole

..............................................Essien...............................................

...........................Lamps...........................Malouda.......................

Kakuta.................................Anelka...................................Zhirkov

Edited by Blue_Soldier

Much more then a friendly. This sets the season right here, remember how intense last years community shield was? beautiful. Everyone plays in this one, both sides. Regardless when the red and blue collide who wants to lose? no one. Honestly when playing those reds stop Valencia from feeding crosses. Hes a classic futbol player nothing fancy just gets the job done n then some. Who covers him? Cole? great match up

Edited by Pensioner1905

Chelsea torcida.gif

------------------------------- Hilario ------------------------------

---- Ivanovic ---- Ricardo Carvalho/Alex ---- Terry ---- Cole

------------------------------- Essien ------------------------------

------------------- Lampard -------------- Malouda -------------

------------------------------- Benayoun --------------------------

------------------- Anelka -------------- Kalou --------------------

Edited by Mário César

Chelsea torcida.gif

God no.

Not sure when Cech's back?

Ivanovic - Alex - Terry - Cole

Essien

Lampard - Ramires

whistling.gif

Kakuta --------------------------------------- Malouda

Drogba

Chelsea torcida.gif

Kakuta

Drogba

Bruma

Cech

Ashley Cole......Alex......Terry........Ivanovic

Ramires/Matic........Essien

Lampard

Gael Kakuta...........................................Malouda

Drogba

Edited by Jose M

God no.

Not sure when Cech's back?

Ivanovic - Alex - Terry - Cole

Essien

Lampard - Ramires

Kakuta --------------------------------------- Malouda

Drogba

Drogba and Cech aren't injured?

Kakuta

Drogba

Bruma

Related to Kakuta, I don't know if he's the right choice to play with him on the starting 11. He didn't play any friendly match with Chelsea and he competed on the Euro recently. I don't know if his weak physical condition will speak louder.

If Chelsea buys Ramires everything will change.

Finally, Bruma is playing well? I haven't seen him play.

Edited by Mário César

Drogba and Cech aren't injured?

If Chelsea buy Ramires everything changes.

Finally, Bruma is playing well? I haven't seen him play.

Carlo said on Saturday that he hopes Drogba and Cech will be ready for Sunday. Fingers crossed.

Ramires certainly won't play Sunday, even if (big if) he signs.

Hard to say based on the friendlies he's played. Certainly hasn't looked bad. He won't play on Sunday though, Alex or Carvalho will. Make no mistake, Carlo and all the players will take this game 100% seriously. They'll want this trophy.

And, Alex, spot on.

Carlo said on Saturday that he hopes Drogba and Cech will be ready for Sunday. Fingers crossed.

Thanks.

Ramires certainly won't play Sunday, even if (big if) he signs.

Hard to say based on the friendlies he's played. Certainly hasn't looked bad. He won't play on Sunday though, Alex or Carvalho will. Make no mistake, Carlo and all the players will take this game 100% seriously. They'll want this trophy.

And, Alex, spot on.

Exactly. fixe.gif

Edited by Mário César

i think we will play -

..........................................Cech.....................................

..Ivanovich.............Carvalho.........Terry..............A.Cole

.......................................Mikel..........................................

............Essien.................................Lampard.................

.......Anelka................Drogba..................Malouda.........

subs - Hialrio, Alex, Ferreira, Zhirkov, Benayoun, Kalou, Sturridge/Deco