Hamburg vs Chelsea

Turnbull couldn't save a game on FIFA. Kakuta and Benayoun were both anonymous. The team were outstandingly solid in the first half; all of a sudden we capitulate after Lampard and Ivanovic are subbed. I know results don't matter but the way we played was woeful... the 8-0 thrashing of Wigan looks so long ago, doesn't it? On the plus side John Mikel Obi was outstanding, and I thought Ferreira had a good match too.

Yes. Chelsea stopped to play that quick passing football when they were substituted and it was much of individual game.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This pre season has been the polar opposite of last years. I thought last years excellent pre season gave us great confidence going into the season, this pre season has done anything but, some shocking defensive mistakes, a lack of sharpness in front of goal and if I were to guess Id say Ajax, Frankfurt and Hamburg have all had more possession their games against us.

For their first goal the culprits are Terry and Zjirkov, for somebody with Terry's experience I would expect him to play a pass to Zhirkov while he is surrounded by 3 Hamburg players. Still though Zhirkov's pass back was dreadful.

The second goal and again you have to look at Terry, Son has slipped in behind him so easily and he has completely messed up his attempt to intercept the ball, Carvalho didnt exactly cover himself in glory either.

Im finding it hard to find positives from this game and pre season as a whole, Mikel looked good, Drogba got some game time as did Kakuta and thats where the positives end. We can only hope that Ancelotti can scare these playschool mistakes out of the system of our defenders.

Honestly I don't want to get too carried away because I know it's pre-season and all but I can't hide my disappointment at what I've seen. We plain and simply look like shit. No direction, unorganized in defence, no ball control, passing is inept and our finishing is shocking. I just hope we don't have the same world cup hangover as 2006. Our players just look like they want to be somewhere else.

Fortunately the first half performance (minus Kalou) was fantastic and that's who'll be playing against Man poo-nited. Also let's not forget Anelka scored a perfectley legitimate goal that was disallowed and Drogba would of stuck his chance away on top form and all of the first half players played brilliantly. Turnbull wasn't that bad although he only had two things to do and bollocks-ed them both up, he should've been braver for the first but then again it is pre-season and Zhirkov shouldn't of done that horrifcally shite ball. Then the second I think he could've done better but Terry and Carvalho both should of too so no major Ajax-esque mistakes from him.

I don't think theres too much cause for concern, just a shit pre-season for results really. Oh well. At least we've got all of our losses out of the way for the season now! COME ON THE BLUES.

Ooo.... Marvelous... Another Defeat in the Pre seasong...

It looks like the Team is Getting use to Loose and Gif the Rival all the Goal... No Matter who is make the mistake the GoalKepper or the Defense or the Midfield the important is the we like to play agains the Score and try to push hard to win... The Problem is THAT WE ARE NOT WINNING SHIT!!!...

WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVERYBODY IN THE BACK? What is so hard no to see Cech ??? And What are Turnball and Hilario Doing all this years of practice WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING...

I can Forget Ricky or Terry ... if they make a Mistake they do it in 1% of the time playing... But it looks like Hilario and Turnball are playing Who make the Stupidest Gol Agains there own Door

O censored.gif all

To be fair to Kakuta he has had very little rest time after having an outstanding and draining tournament for France, also you can argue that left wing is not his best position.

Something that annoyed me abouty the game today, first half and Anelka just drops so deep, literally the man is in the centre circle at times when we are in possession, then when he gets on the ball its just far too slow, surely Essien or Lampard can pick up the ball in midfield and Nic can just stay up top at the figurehead of our attack? Im not saying I expect him to be standing beside the keeper ala Van Nistelrooy but he seriously does not need to get involved with the build up as he does and when he does it needs to be faster.

Again in my search for positives, Benayoun provided one or two nice touches, looked clever and fast on the ball, I have high hopes for him this season.

I don't think theres too much cause for concern, just a shit pre-season for results really. Oh well. At least we've got all of our losses out of the way for the season now! COME ON THE BLUES.

Exactly,this is actually the only game our first XI lost,3rd loss on row may look bad on paper but that's just bollocks.As much as I'd love to I can't slate Ross for any of the goals,the defence just fucked up.

The thing that I'm more worried about is how easily they got the ball on corners.Our set-piece defending looks bad.

Kakuta wasn't involved much but who was in those last few minutes?

Edited by Kostas

Well, what have I learned over the three pre-season defeats we've seen on this tour?? Well one thing springs to mind... our defence is stale, shaky, wobbly, and above all.... SHITE!

Why is Ancelotti playing Jeffrey Bruma at right back, when CLEARLY he's a natural centreback?? And Carvalho, one of the most reliable defenders we have at this club, getting turned over by an unknown Korean is just a complete joke!

John Terry is nowhere near the player he was last season... it's not as if he was the best defender last season.... but yeah, he's past it. He's just far too slow at clearing the ball. I honestly think it was a bad thing that he got booked because he had to be careful for the rest of the game.

Probably the best performer for me was Obi Mikel. He held the ball up superbly, and he put in some lovely balls to the strikers up front. Drogba was selfish, a couple of times he was through on goal, and he tried to be flash and the goalkeeper just came and collected it up from his feet.

Kakuta did well... I thought he won the ball rather well at times, but later on in the game, he just got careless and he was easily robbed of the ball.

To summarise, we really need to improve our defensive tactics, otherwise we might as well drop the title down a well next season. With that defence I also fear how we're going to do next season. I hope we're not going to do an AIK Stockholm. Win the league title one season, and then next season, find it hard to win games!!

Absolutely pathetic pre-season. Probably the worst we've had in years :mouthclosed: