Hamburg vs Chelsea

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlo said on CTV that he wants the players who are to start the CS to play as much of this game as possible so the starting 11 should be interesting. Lots of work still to do but hopefully we will see an improvement in fitness and the flow of our football.

Does anyone know whether Cech has travelled over to Germany? I'm sure Carlo said that he'd play his Community Shield team in this game, but also that Alex and Cech would be available for Sunday. So are they ready to play tomorrow, or does he mean he won't play them against United?

Did that even make sense?

Does anyone know whether Cech has travelled over to Germany? I'm sure Carlo said that he'd play his Community Shield team in this game, but also that Alex and Cech would be available for Sunday. So are they ready to play tomorrow, or does he mean he won't play them against United?

Did that even make sense?

Cech, Alex, Bosingwa and Deco did not travel and will not play this game. But you are right that Cech and Alex will be OK for the CS apparently, but he may give them another week and have them ready for the start of the season.

As long as it's not the diamond formation, i'm happy.

.......................................Hilario........................................

Iva.............Carvalho......................Terry.................Cole

......................................Essien........................................

.............Lamps..................................Malouda...............

Kakuta.........................Anelka..............................Zhirkov

(Kakuta over Kalou, but Kakuta may be tired)

As long as it's not the diamond formation, i'm happy.

+ 1

Yeah, me too. In anyway, Chelsea just can't play in an other way that the 4-3-3. We saw that with Ancelloti and Scolari/Hiddink. After starting with the diamond, both of them return in the 4-3-3.

Ferreira - Ivanovic - Terry - A. Cole

Lampard - Essien - Mikel

Kalou - Anelka - Malouda

Paulo playing would surely indicate Carvalho is off.

it's seem to be a good starting team.

I hope see Kakuta substitute Kalou in the second period

But, haven't we another player for the right back ? Like Bruma, Mancienne ? Because Ferreira --"... It's been years that we should have sell him...

Kakuta over Kalou please! Haha.

You do know that with that statement, i mean i would much rather see Kakuta start instead of Kalou. Kalou started against Frankfurt and didn't make a good impression at all. He's way too inconsistent. So i'd rather see Kakuta play since we dont have any other option for the right attacker position.

Kakuta would surpass Kalou with ease after a full season on the highest level.

http://www.chelseafc...2109469,00.html

Open training today apparently. Played the following team:

Ferreira - Ivanovic - Terry - A. Cole

Lampard - Essien - Mikel

Kalou - Anelka - Malouda

Paulo playing would surely indicate Carvalho is off.

Hope Carvalho's absence is because of a different reason, would really like him to stay. Alex is too injury-prone to rely on for a full season.

+ 1

Yeah, me too. In anyway, Chelsea just can't play in an other way that the 4-3-3. We saw that with Ancelloti and Scolari/Hiddink. After starting with the diamond, both of them return in the 4-3-3.

I hope Ancelotti won't be stubborn and try to force the diamond this season.

Our pre-season tactics point towards a midfield diamond though mouthclosed.gif

And why the feck is Ferreira starting?He's the last person I want to see playing against Nani.

Let's not forget Ivanovic had a shocker in the CS last season and then went on to be one of our players of the season. I'm not saying Paulo will, but at least have some faith in him. He's rarely let us down.