Ajax vs Chelsea

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turnbull was at fault for the first two goals, otherwise decent performance.

Matic was the best performer, Lalkovic showed promise as well as the defence through most of the second half, scrappy at times but still had it's moments.

Chelsea's attack was hideously poor! Di Santo was nowhere to be seen half the time. Although his sub-replacement Lalkovic looked really promising, and he's very quick with the ball. Sturridge apart from his goal didn't do much either, just a few runs near the penalty box, and then he was easily robbed.

Matic was superb. I thought he held the ball up really well. Tackled well, moved very fluently in the centre and provided well for the forwards, it was a shame he got closed down a lot for him to do any of the providing.

There was some shaky moments in defence. Turnbull was probably the worst because as ZanSnake said he was at fault for the first two goals. Hilario was a lot more stable than Turnbull in the second half, he dealt with a lot of aerial balls into the penalty box with no problems at all. If I was Carlo, I'd pick Hilario for West Brom in August primarily because he is much better at decision making.

Overall, I'd rate today's performance 5 out of 10. A helluva lot to improve on in the next game I think.

idiots.

Anyway it wasn't our full squad, bit of a wake up call for some players though, still some physicality issues with some of our younger players I think. they got a whole season to toughen up and we're still missing the U19's out in France

Turnbull though and some of the defending today was bad, they looked scared in midfield in the last 20 minutes

That`s not even the squad.... We are playing with only 2 Guys of the Regular team.... So are using less than 10% of the regular team today... we are using Young kit Team....

i`m not complain because is clear to me that we are waching young players..... But What`s the point of using the Pre season with players that are not going to stay in the regular season ....

I thing is payment we have to make to give rest to all World cup players.... And hope they return Fresh and Ready to roll...

What I can tell is that we are going to sell some young players and some may go to first team

a pretty experienced team for Ajax today including internationals and 3 or 4 players who played in the World Cup, ..this was their 6th pre-season friendly.

where as with us..it was basically our Youth and reserve team,,(minus some of our best youth and reserve players) with Terrible Turnbull,and Essien & Mikel coming back from long term injuries....it was our 2nd pre-season friendly and i think that was the difference..they looked fitter and more sharper than us..which having played 4 more pre-season friendlies they should have..

it was a disappointing performance overall and result but when the circumstances are considered fairly..very understandable.

look forward to seeing one or two youngsters surrounded by our top seasoned pro`s in a competitive game in the coming season..thats when we will get a fairer read on how good they are.

a pretty experienced team for Ajax today including internationals and 3 or 4 players who played in the World Cup, ..this was their 6th pre-season friendly.

where as with us..it was basically our Youth and reserve team,,(minus some of our best youth and reserve players) with Terrible Turnbull,and Essien & Mikel coming back from long term injuries....it was our 2nd pre-season friendly and i think that was the difference..they looked fitter and more sharper than us..which having played 4 more pre-season friendlies they should have..

it was a disappointing performance overall and result but when the circumstances are considered fairly..very understandable.

look forward to seeing one or two youngsters surrounded by our top seasoned pro`s in a competitive game in the coming season..thats when we will get a fairer read on how good they are.

:goodpost: i wasnt aware of the strength or their squad or the stage of their pre season ...would explain why they were quick to close us down

and

able to control the game

Where did Arnesen throw all the money these years?!

Stupid statement, we didn't lose to some Blue Square side, we lost to fucking Ajax ffs, and it was our youth side. They're a quality Dutch side, so stop being idiotic.

It was good game to see at which stage players are.

I think that Sturridge, Matic and Bruma are ready to get more of first team experience in our team, others maybe too, but these three definitely.

Unfortunately I missed the entire game, looking at the team for Ajax compared to ours, 3-1 doesn't surprise me too much. If anyone thinks Ajax's youth team are weak, you'd be very very mistaken. They have, arguably, one of the best youth systems in the world yet on top of that they played a few of their World Cup players too.

Let's not be too critical of Chelsea in this game, glad to see Sturridge got a goal. Hopefully we'll bounce back with a win in our next match and when the World Cup stars return for the rest of the games, it will be invaluable experience for the likes of Sturridge, McEachran, Bertrand ect.

Unfortunately I missed the entire game, looking at the team for Ajax compared to ours, 3-1 doesn't surprise me too much. If anyone thinks Ajax's youth team are weak, you'd be very very mistaken. They have, arguably, one of the best youth systems in the world yet on top of that they played a few of their World Cup players too.

Let's not be too critical of Chelsea in this game, glad to see Sturridge got a goal. Hopefully we'll bounce back with a win in our next match and when the World Cup stars return for the rest of the games, it will be invaluable experience for the likes of Sturridge, McEachran, Bertrand ect.

That's not right, here in holland PSV Eindhoven are the best in youth. This afternoon/evening, Chelsea B played against Ajax 1 that's not fair. The first goal was an own goal?! the 2nd a blunder from goalie Turnbull, Come on. If the first team has played against them..

indeed, sturridge is a great striker! them i love it when he playes in my eyes, he's better than kalou? what do you think?

Guest THE BEAST

i have not been impressed by any of the young lads except for matic and sturridge , they boh have great qualities but unfortunately i don' think sturidge will be good as a winger he is some how similar to anelka when he plays there .

but the most player that disappointed me was definitely Bruma , man i thought he is way better . i am not saying that because of his own goal , but he was a very average defender in both matches . i think carlo should start looking for a defender may be david luiz will be good and send bruma on loan may be he will get some experience under his belt ..

Guest THE BEAST

also i can see this would have gone to a very different direction if carlo would have finally accepted the fact that we are better of without that fucking diamond formation .

Turnbull just destroyed all our faith in him.

I thnk he just can't handle the pressure when he is called upon.

Wow. How fickle can you get? One pre season friendly where he fucks up and suddenly he's 'destroyed all your faith'? ffs show more maturity