Eminem - Recovery

Term-X

2rco581.jpg

only just downloaded it but it's certainly better than relapse, some of the beats sound similar and i'm not too keen on the ozzy sample in 'going through changes'. Lyrically though there's a lot of dope lines throughout the album.

Seduction, Cold wind blows, 25 to Life, So Bad and You're Never Over are my favourite tracks atm.

Production Credits

1. "Cold Wind Blows" [Prod. By Just Blaze]

2. "Talkin' 2 Myself" (featuring Kobe) [Prod. By DJ Khalil]

3. "On Fire" [Prod. By Mr. Porter]

4. "Won't Back Down" (featuring Pink) [Prod. By DJ Khalil]

5. "W.T.P." [Prod. By DJ Khalil]

6. "Going Through Changes" [Prod. By Emile]

7. "Not Afraid" [Prod. By Boi-1da]

8. "Seduction" [Prod. By Boi-1da]

9. "No Love" (featuring Lil Wayne) [Prod. By Just Blaze]

10. "Space Bound" [Prod. By Jim Jonsin]

11. "Cinderella Man" [Prod. By Just Blaze]

12. "25 to Life" [Prod. By DJ Khalil]

13. "So Bad" [Prod. By Dr. Dre]

14. "Almost Famous" [Prod. By Just Blaze]

15. "Love the Way You Lie" (featuring Rihanna) [Prod. By Alex Da Kid]

16. "You're Never Over" [Prod. By Just Blaze]

17. "Here We Go"(Untitled) [Prod. By Havoc]

First Official Single..

Edited by Terminator X

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda confused with this album.

This is not MMLP Eminem,this is not Relapse Eminem this is a new Eminem and I'm not sure I like his new style.

The annoying accents are gone but he sings way to much in this album.He uses the BoneThugish flow he developed in Relapse but not often enough.

I haven't had a chance to pay attention to the lyrics but he just doesn't deliver as much as he used to.

Back when Relapse was released it was weird in the beginning but it got better towards the end,Underground was dope and I liked Beautiful and Deja Vu.It grew on me after a while and I could enjoy songs like Same song and Dance and Stay Wide Awake.

There isn't any song in Recovery that makes me go omfg and my favourite one was the one featuring Rihanna,that says something about the album.

I can understand one arguing that he has evolved as a rapper but I can't get past thinking that if that wasn't Eminem I wouldn't give it a second chance.

I've only listened to the whole album a couple of times so my opinion might change.

Trying to sum up my thoughts:

• No more silly stupid accents
  • He isn't rapping about the same psychotic-murder-rape stuff as he did in Relapse.
  • No pop single like Just Lose It or We Made You
  • Way too much singing,did anyone tell him he is Nate Dogg?
  • No song that stands out.
  • A song featuring Lil Wayne.Really?!

Coming from an ex-Stan.

Edited by Kostas

This is not out till the 22 of june blink.gif but I am sure it will be fantastic.

But I do like the Not Afraid song, Its awesome...He was live in radio1's live lounge a few days ago and he was pretty sweet. thumbsup.gif

This is not out till the 22 of june blink.gif but I am sure it will be fantastic.

the whole album has leaked in CDQ, here is a download link..

http://usershare.net/0hfsqzmn8ftq

Trying to sum up my thoughts:
  • No more silly stupid accents
  • He isn't rapping about the same psychotic-murder-rape stuff as he did in Relapse.
  • No pop single like Just Lose It or We Made You
  • Way too much singing,did anyone tell him he is Nate Dogg?
  • No song that stands out.
  • A song featuring Lil Wayne.Really?!

Coming from an ex-Stan.

i know what you mean by no track really standing out but that's probably due to the fact the majority of the tracks are quality. It's still the second best album that has been released this year and thank god the accent and pop singles have disappeared. Although he isn't the best singer i still think the proof dedication track is dope, but it's a shame nate dogg had to go and have a stroke. Lil wayne's feature on the album of the year Distant Relatives was bad enough but this was probably just as anoying but meh.. overall this is still a decent album.

aaek9c.gif

This is good, but Eminem albums in general probably hold the weakest replay value for me.

No dumb ass voices, instead replaced with painful hooks with Em "singing". The spitting on here though is serious, and lyrically it's on point. Just Blaze is a fucking fool for flipping that sample the way he did on 'No Love'. The best album from Em since the MMLP, but you can't get much worse than his last two albums either. And I can't believe I'm saying this but Rihanna killed that hook, even if it is on a song where Em's spitting about knuckling a girl down...

Overall I'll stick to 'The Bar Exam 3', at this point and time Royce > Em.

i'm actually not even playing this anymore, only every now and then.. no stand out track either and he's too aggressive. Overall it's still a decent album though and i'm sure the em fans love it.

Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives = Album of the year.

mouthclosed.gif Drake's album is cupcake...

But I've been giving this a lot more burn lately, and I do like it more than originally.

I'd probably rank Em's albums like this:

MMLP > Recovery > Relapse > TES >> SSLP >>>>>>>>> Encore