Signings?

Anyone heard of any youth signings we've picked up so far this summer? Only one I've heard of so far is Amin Affane, was another bloke from Feyenoord that we were meant to sign but arsenal snatched him at the last minute I believe.

I think we've got that kid Jhon Pirez to come over to us this season too as well as Delac of course.

I'm always interested in the youth teams, always good to see home(ish) produced talent.

So has anyone heard of any other youth signings?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Affane seems to be the only signing so far. Not too sure on what the situation is with Pirez if he will be able to come over yet or not, same with Delac, i am sure i heard someone from the club say they are not 100% sure he will be able to come over for next season.

What's this Amin Affane like then? I've neither seen nor heard anything about him?

Attacking midfielder about the most i know of him so far, will be coming in as first year so not sure how much we will see of him next season in the youths.

I'm not sure if this is the right topic but Michael Woods signed a new contract and Niclas Heimann left for Red Bull Salzburg

Interesting, have not seen that anywhere yet. Would not be suprised about Heimann as we have a lot of keepers around at the moment, Haxhia has already left too. Not too sure what Woods contract situation was like but if it was coming to an end then i am not suprised to see it happen.

Interesting, have not seen that anywhere yet. Would not be suprised about Heimann as we have a lot of keepers around at the moment, Haxhia has already left too. Not too sure what Woods contract situation was like but if it was coming to an end then i am not suprised to see it happen.

Here's where I got them from

The club has treated injury prone players quite good so far and that seems to be the case with Woods.

Here's where I got them from

The club has treated injury prone players quite good so far and that seems to be the case with Woods.

Yes they do look after injured players well which is why this deal comes as no suprise. Don't think Woods will make it with us now though.

Yes they do look after injured players well which is why this deal comes as no suprise. Don't think Woods will make it with us now though.

Thats a big shame esk i remember lampard being excited about woods a few seasons ago.

Thats a big shame esk i remember lampard being excited about woods a few seasons ago.

Yes he was, and rightly so. When he made his first team appearance everything was going so well for him. The he hit a big big injury, and when he came back he wasn't anywhere near the same player and then he got another bad injury. He will do well somewhere, just not at Chelsea now with the standard for youngsters being constantly raised here.

Yes he was, and rightly so. When he made his first team appearance everything was going so well for him. The he hit a big big injury, and when he came back he wasn't anywhere near the same player and then he got another bad injury. He will do well somewhere, just not at Chelsea now with the standard for youngsters being constantly raised here.

The thing that worries me is we have so many special young talented players in the midfield or defensive area, but we only have borini as a special young forward. Other than borini i don't see anyone giving us another option,( i count sturridge as a first team player) i like a good variation of young talented players that have different skills, so we can save money in the long run in the market. Di santo has had a very tough time at blackburn, and that could knock the premiership taste out of his mouth tbh. I think our scouting network should work hard in finding a potential future second striker in the baggio or aguero role like a little zola, so in the future all these young players can do for us what barca's academy do for them and that is service the first team. The young players we have in the academy now we are well on our way in doing what barca do, these boys are the most exciting in our history !

Edited by Badboy

The thing that worries me is we have so many special young talented players in the midfield or defensive area, but we only have borini as a special young forward. Other than borini i don't see anyone giving us another option,( i count sturridge as a first team player) i like a good variation of young talented players that have different skills, so we can save money in the long run in the market. Di santo has had a very tough time at blackburn, and that could knock the premiership taste out of his mouth tbh. I think our scouting network should work hard in finding a potential future second striker in the baggio or aguero role like a little zola, so in the future all these young players can do for us what barca's academy do for them and that is service the first team. The young players we have in the academy now we are well on our way in doing what barca do, these boys are the most exciting in our history !

What about Jacapo Sala? I've heard promising things about him?

You forget Mitrovic!

I also rate Lalkovich highly as well (can't spell name nor remember it but bet Esk would correct me), Gokhan Tore is another one which is also a decent little player.

You forget Mitrovic!

I also rate Lalkovich highly as well (can't spell name nor remember it but bet Esk would correct me), Gokhan Tore is another one which is also a decent little player.

I like Gokhan Tore.. He's well built and a good technical player, he'd make good protection for the little guys like Kakuta lol xD