The Future Of Chelsea Football Club

The scary thing is he is only 17 lol and he already shows the vision of someone twice his age (30). The fact that kakuta and josh are so good technically means in the future any one we sign or even borini upfront are going to have a absolute field day in terms of chances in and around the box. I watch young players like kakuta, josh and bruma and just think, we have 2 players that will save us 30 million in the transfer market in the future, because it is very hard the find these types of players and clubs that will sell them.

Agree, but they have to be assimilated into the squad first which is the hard part. But Josh is a unique player and i can't see a problem bringing him through. Video just uploaded of Josh:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'd expect we spend more on the academy than most other sites, so I'd expect it to be one of the best. In terms of having the best prospects... we're certainly up there, but we're certainly not clearly ahead of the likes of United and Arsenal.

• 2 months later...

Hi, been reading for some time but had to comment on this one. We do build up our players too much. It is only this time last year Josh was suspended by the club for a couple of weeks and a lesser player might have got more for what he did. Knott didn't learn his lesson so lets hope Josh does and keeps his feet on the ground. I don't think we can compare players for a few years as its only the ones with a physical advantage that seem to stick out at this age, yo ujust have to see the list who have moved up in the last year. Give him a chance to play consistently and he might be more of a future for Chelsea on the back pages rather than on the front for the wrong reasons.

Anyway, great comments and hope I'll add something more useful in future.

Hi, been reading for some time but had to comment on this one. We do build up our players too much. It is only this time last year Josh was suspended by the club for a couple of weeks and a lesser player might have got more for what he did. Knott didn't learn his lesson so lets hope Josh does and keeps his feet on the ground. I don't think we can compare players for a few years as its only the ones with a physical advantage that seem to stick out at this age, yo ujust have to see the list who have moved up in the last year. Give him a chance to play consistently and he might be more of a future for Chelsea on the back pages rather than on the front for the wrong reasons.

Anyway, great comments and hope I'll add something more useful in future.

And what he did exactly? Because I'm not on topic. unsure.gif

And what he did exactly? Because I'm not on topic. unsure.gif

No-one knows really. But Billy and Josh did get in trouble a while back and Billy Knott has since been let go by the club. But i wouldn't read too much into it, the club will do everything possible to keep Josh grounded.

I think most people know exactly what happened, they just don't like to talk about it or it doesn't get past the mods on most forums. I agree Chelsea will do everything to keep him grounded as he's probably best placed to help justify the academy. With Ashton still out for a while he's the only other one good enough to step forward from that age group. Every one else is a bit one dimensional. Knott had a shot but clearly screwed up even more.

I think most people know exactly what happened, they just don't like to talk about it or it doesn't get past the mods on most forums. I agree Chelsea will do everything to keep him grounded as he's probably best placed to help justify the academy. With Ashton still out for a while he's the only other one good enough to step forward from that age group. Every one else is a bit one dimensional. Knott had a shot but clearly screwed up even more.

What could be that bad? I didn't even know about this suspension/fine thingy till I read about it on this thread.

I have no idea what happened, i know there are a few people who do know and they are pretty well connected but it is far from common knowledge.

Not seen enough of Ashton yet to know really what sort of level he can reach due to his injury but i am looking forward to seeing him back in action.

Josh McEachran = Chelsea's answer to Arsenal's Jack Wilshire, maybe even better than him I reckon. blue scalf.gif

I just hope he won't get loaned out!

That will be his best chance of getting a proper game. Wilshere went to Bolton for the same reasons. He's a kid with men's legs so physically able to compete. Being left-footed helps too as it has for Josh.

That will be his best chance of getting a proper game. Wilshere went to Bolton for the same reasons. He's a kid with men's legs so physically able to compete. Being left-footed helps too as it has for Josh.

So What crime crime did Josh commit? I am sure Esk our moderator wouldnt mind letting you talk about it.

• 2 weeks later...