The 'What Song Are You Listening To Now' Thread

BlueLion.

5 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Not for everyone, but I'm going to see Deafheaven tonight.

Shoegaze meets black metal.

It sounds a bit like some screamo songs. Totally wall of sound, I sorta like it. Dont know how long my serval could take it before he went insane and killed our dog, lolol.

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I like this style of hardcore/thrashy metal

I'm a thrash metal guy at heart.  

I listened to a lot of punk in my high school years (Minor Threat, Bad Religion, Misfits, NOFX).  So, getting in to thrash, was kind of a natural fit.

Deafheaven appeals to me because I'm quite a fan of My Bloody Valentine.  I really like their wall of sound shoegazy type thing.  They are so loud live, easily the loudest I've ever heard, and these strobes are going off on the stage.  It's a complete sensory overload.  And, as a result, it becomes quite soothing after you zone out a bit to block all of that stimuli.

I've never seen Deafheaven live before, so I'm hoping it's like that, but metal.

7 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

This is the best Northern Soul song no arguments UJ :cig:

Theres like a kickback to the top 500 Northern chewns now mate. They get played at weekenders and the local pub where you get peeps that goto all these type of dos in their old clobber making it look like some fuckin Adams Family fancy fress night. Its just not relevant to todays Northern scene. Its like the scene stopped for them in 75 after all the divs joined after watching sodding Footsee and Wigans bleedin Ovation on top of the pops and the Granada crew came on filming us all night smashed out of our heads and dancing like performing monkeys for them grrrr What pisses me off is we voted the week before they came and the Nos won but Russ and Walker (lead Dj and promoter) wanted the free publicity,MORE MONEY, so on the back of all this and the write ups in News of the World about drug crazed youth dancing all night we were inundated by lots of pissheads and tourists wondering where the all night bar was, standing around gawping at us dancing. But as I was one of many helping peeps join the wide awake club my profits bought me a bog chunk of my current collection lol Sotty for the rant but I remember it like yesterday and it still irks me!

So its a good enough tune bud but just not that relevant today if you understand.

Not when we have lads still sitting on old dusty cellars going thru piles of old 45s and old record company archives listening yo hours of reel to reel masters that never made it to vinyl to ensure theres new stuff for peeps to listen to.

This was found by IMO the best DJ on the scene Butch. He found 5 copies, made it enormous at the 100 Club and sold the remaining copies to other TOP Djs, leaving poor sods like me hunting and begging for a copy.

Well as I have golden bolloks I eventually found one. Cost me a small fortune but its mine. Mine you hear all mine aaaaaaaah!

I uploaded it onto my Gasmaskheadhunter channel but I closed it down but heres another lads so you can compare Chuck to it

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Theres like a kickback to the top 500 Northern chewns now mate. They get played at weekenders and the local pub where you get peeps that goto all these type of dos in their old clobber making it look like some fuckin Adams Family fancy fress night. Its just not relevant to todays Northern scene. Its like the scene stopped for them in 75 after all the divs joined after watching sodding Footsee and Wigans bleedin Ovation on top of the pops and the Granada crew came on filming us all night smashed out of our heads and dancing like performing monkeys for them grrrr What pisses me off is we voted the week before they came and the Nos won but Russ and Walker (lead Dj and promoter) wanted the free publicity,MORE MONEY, so on the back of all this and the write ups in News of the World about drug crazed youth dancing all night we were inundated by lots of pissheads and tourists wondering where the all night bar was, standing around gawping at us dancing. But as I was one of many helping peeps join the wide awake club my profits bought me a bog chunk of my current collection lol Sotty for the rant but I remember it like yesterday and it still irks me!

So its a good enough tune bud but just not that relevant today if you understand.

Not when we have lads still sitting on old dusty cellars going thru piles of old 45s and old record company archives listening yo hours of reel to reel masters that never made it to vinyl to ensure theres new stuff for peeps to listen to.

This was found by IMO the best DJ on the scene Butch. He found 5 copies, made it enormous at the 100 Club and sold the remaining copies to other TOP Djs, leaving poor sods like me hunting and begging for a copy.

Well as I have golden bolloks I eventually found one. Cost me a small fortune but its mine. Mine you hear all mine aaaaaaaah!

I uploaded it onto my Gasmaskheadhunter channel but I closed it down but heres another lads so you can compare Chuck to it

I know what you mean mate they had a NS night in my local and a few geezers were wearing those ridiculous flares. It's like those Trafalgar Square punks you used to see in the early 80's the scene was long dead but they had those massive mohicans and used to charge American tourists to have their picture taken with them. I remember a few years ago The Bill did an episode about football hooliganism and they had geezers wearing bleached jeans, massive DM's and scarfs on their wrists !. Your obviously into your NS far more than the average man in the street to be honest I quite like it but was to young first time round and it's well down the list on my favourite music genres punk and it's offshoots being number 1.

17 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I know what you mean mate they had a NS night in my local and a few geezers were wearing those ridiculous flares. It's like those Trafalgar Square punks you used to see in the early 80's the scene was long dead but they had those massive mohicans and used to charge American tourists to have their picture taken with them. I remember a few years ago The Bill did an episode about football hooliganism and they had geezers wearing bleached jeans, massive DM's and scarfs on their wrists !. Your obviously into your NS far more than the average man in the street to be honest I quite like it but was to young first time round and it's well down the list on my favourite music genres punk and it's offshoots being number 1.

I understand everything you said mate. Ive obviously got a few years on you. My uncle was a ears Shed Ender and also big into Soul. wasm't even called northern yet. So when I came to UK at 13 he wanted to make me into a mini me. So I grew up well before my time. Why I skived off school so much. It wasn't exciting enough and had nobody to tell me off otherwise.

I dont knock anybody for doing what they like doing (within reason lol) but its just embarrassing sometimes.

Used to love getting the train upto Wigan from Euston with the old Persil tickets. Full of pissed up Mancs on the way home. All banging their cans of Watneys on the tables singing Garry Glitters Rock b Roll. But there would be 10 of us or so with eyes like saucers and they soon realized we weren't pushovers. Really cant remember a time there wasn't some sort of trouble all the way till 82.

13 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

? Where you from I thought you were a South Londoner.

LOL Born in California bred in Brixton. My old dear was from Leyton so she had a strong accent that rubbed off on me when I was young but I still had a little bit of a Yank accent when I got here but it disappeared over night. So was a shock to the system going from Vegas to SW9.

20 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

LOL Born in California bred in Brixton. My old dear was from Leyton so she had a strong accent that rubbed off on me when I was young but I still had a little bit of a Yank accent when I got here but it disappeared over night. So was a shock to the system going from Vegas to SW9.

Can't have been easy being a septic tank :) and going to school in Brixton especially as a teenager what year did you come over ?

6 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Can't have been easy being a septic tank :) and going to school in Brixton especially as a teenager what year did you come over ?

'69 when me dad went to Viet Nam. I didn't goto school a lot after the 2nd year, wasm't interested till some light went on when I hit 17. Was big for my age and got in pubs with my uncle. He was doing some shady things so wasn't the best role model lol Turned out OK tho! Love of a good woman always calms us down

29 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Not a fan of those West Ham pricks. The Greatest Cockney rip off was their riposte to Sham 69 (terrible group yet weirdly I have a soft spot for them) they would say '' Their all facking home counties cants '' most of Sham's fans were Chelsea and the cover of Hersham Boys has a lot of Chelsea faces on it.

220px-Hersham_Boys_Sham_69_Cover.jpg

7 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Not a fan of those West Ham pricks. The Greatest Cockney rip off was their riposte to Sham 69 (terrible group yet weirdly I have a soft spot for them) they would say '' Their all facking home counties cants '' most of Sham's fans were Chelsea and the cover of Hersham Boys has a lot of Chelsea faces on it.

220px-Hersham_Boys_Sham_69_Cover.jpg

LOL, I knew I was in trouble for posting Rejects, lol Hammers fans to the bone

still they had some bangers

I love Sham too!!