The 'What Song Are You Listening To Now' Thread

BlueLion.

9 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

@Beepu

Our videos are starting to look like yours now:zip:

:lol:

Haha, that's definitely one of the better J-Pop songs I have heard :P Only a few K-Pop groups go the happy, colourful, girly style like this one though. 

Didn't know you were Japanese? 

2 hours ago, Beepu said:

Haha, that's definitely one of the better J-Pop songs I have heard :P Only a few K-Pop groups go the happy, colourful, girly style like this one though. 

Didn't know you were Japanese? 

Lol Funny thing is I wouldnt even consider that all too girly lol. It gets much more girly sadly, although I wouldnt be caught dead watching any of that. Makes me feel weird.:lol:

Just about

4 hours ago, Adnane said:

Many Metallica fans here ? 

Their new record is growing inside day by day, however, the two below are the best tracks, really some of the heaviest riffs they've made for years. 

Personally like 'Moth into flame'. That's a really good one. Mid-tempo but some of the most enjoyable riffs. Really appealing if you've enjoyed their slower tracks like those from the Black album

[media]

[/media]

8 hours ago, Adnane said:

Many Metallica fans here ? 

Their new record is growing inside day by day, however, the two below are the best tracks, really some of the heaviest riffs they've made for years. 

I like it, a sort of back to the roots thrashy type of thing. Not a masterpiece like master of puppets, but it doesn't have to be. A simple thrashy album, but it does sound a bit the same throughout the record. "moth into flame" and "murder one" i like the most so far. "confusion" intro is obviously recycled from "am i evil?", and a few tracks  later they have a song  "am i savage?" :D

12 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Lol Funny thing is I wouldnt even consider that all too girly lol. It gets much more girly sadly, although I wouldnt be caught dead watching any of that. Makes me feel weird.:lol:

Just about

Haha that's true. Japan has alot of unique stuff for sure. Showed my friend Baby Metal (He likes heavy metal) and he said "What did I just watch?"

But sometime they have something like this come out:

14671274_1128734940554468_86147962330790

34 minutes ago, Beepu said:

Haha that's true. Japan has alot of unique stuff for sure. Showed my friend Baby Metal (He likes heavy metal) and he said "What did I just watch?"

But sometime they have something like this come out:

14671274_1128734940554468_86147962330790

I am curious. How is Mina taken in South Korea?

3 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

I am curious. How is Mina taken in South Korea?

I am not sure because I don't live there, but I am pretty sure that Twice is the most popular group right now and she is one of the more popular members. Actually all 3 Japanese members are the more popular ones.

Heres one off one of my Youtube channrls.

A excellent old Mod freakbeat tune that still fills the floors. Written and originally done by the Who of course. Pete Sears was on Keyboards and Hendrix payed guitar on a couple of their tunes

5 hours ago, Beepu said:

I am not sure because I don't live there, but I am pretty sure that Twice is the most popular group right now and she is one of the more popular members. Actually all 3 Japanese members are the more popular ones.

The Chinese girl, Tsuzyu, herself seems to be really popular over here. That could be because there is a large, and pretty vocal, Chinese contingent in this country. From a marketing standpoint it is brilliant. Create a super-group from different backgrounds via a tv show in order to maximize popularity and marketability. 

I do wonder how long they will/can last as a group. I would think the more talented ones would probably leave to strike gold while the iron is hot. Such is the nature of these type of groups is that a few always end up carrying the rest. I didnt watch the show, but I can say pretty definitively that Mina cant sing at all. I know when Akira's funding ended at UTSA and they moved back to Japan that she was enrolled in ballet, but I am sure she was never enrolled in singing classes. That type of thing will bite you in the music business if you are going up against trained singers.

10 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

The Chinese girl, Tsuzyu, herself seems to be really popular over here. That could be because there is a large, and pretty vocal, Chinese contingent in this country. From a marketing standpoint it is brilliant. Create a super-group from different backgrounds via a tv show in order to maximize popularity and marketability. 

I do wonder how long they will/can last as a group. I would think the more talented ones would probably leave to strike gold while the iron is hot. Such is the nature of these type of groups is that a few always end up carrying the rest. I didnt watch the show, but I can say pretty definitively that Mina cant sing at all. I know when Akira's funding ended at UTSA and they moved back to Japan that she was enrolled in ballet, but I am sure she was never enrolled in singing classes. That type of thing will bite you in the music business if you are going up against trained singers.

The thing about K-Pop is that you don't have to be a great singer to be an 'idol'. Just as long as you are not tone deaf, can dance very well and attractive. Tzuyu is popular everywhere, you can find her cardboard cutouts in some places like this

15181406_1834180146864892_12053278385538

But she had some controversy when she held a Taiwanese flag. Got accused as being an independence activist by some Chinese people. Not too sure about the details.

• 2 weeks later...