test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

The 'What Song Are You Listening To Now' Thread

Started by BlueLion.,

1,417 posts in this topic
41 minutes ago, AChes1ofus said:

Fucking Brilliant

Not being a Billy big bollox but I actually Dj'd at a party Bowie had (well I did a hour spot lol). But I sat and verballed at him off my head for a hour or so about Northern Soul/R&B etc and looking thru my records and he blew me away with how much he actually knew about it. Peeps say you shouldn't meet your heros but he was a down to earth guy and him being a big fave of mine (well upto and including Lets Dance) I started off blushing and farting but by the end we were having a spliff!

manpe and Fulham Broadway like this

35 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Not being a Billy big bollox but I actually Dj'd at a party Bowie had (well I did a hour spot lol). But I sat and verballed at him off my head for a hour or so about Northern Soul/R&B etc and looking thru my records and he blew me away with how much he actually knew about it. Peeps say you shouldn't meet your heros but he was a down to earth guy and him being a big fave of mine (well upto and including Lets Dance) I started off blushing and farting but by the end we were having a spliff!

Shit man you had a doobie with THE David Bowie?? :o

Unionjack likes this

22 minutes ago, manpe said:

Shit man you had a doobie with THE David Bowie?? :o

LOL He even phoned me. Stalker hahaha

This is one of the 'Holy Grails' on the Northern Soul scene that DJs and record collectors have searched for for decades. I'm a jammy git thats got one lol Been offered $10k for it but they will have to prise it from my cold clammy dead hands if they want it! but I'd still put up a fight

manpe likes this

14 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

LOL He even phoned me. Stalker hahaha

How did you even get to the point that you were DJing at his party?

1 minute ago, manpe said:

How did you even get to the point that you were DJing at his party?

I was Djng at a mates party and he was there with Seal. He came over to say he liked the music and would I do a spot for a party he was throwing. So gave him my number. Didn't expect to hear owt then about 3:00 one morning my phone goes and says Hi its David! So I thinks its me mate winding me up so laughs and says Yeah right fuck off lol. Hes saying no it is. So I hanged up. He sends me a text saying that he really was him. So I phoned back of course and sure enough was him.

Was just in this big house in West Hampstead. There were 2 big rooms for Dancing etc and loadsa Djs doing a hour each and loads of off the head people. I was on at 4am but peeps were havng a boogie. Didnt know anyone else there just the 4 of us that went. I got loadsa brownie points off the Mrs cause she used to have his posters on her wall as a kid lol Left about 11 in the morning but was still going on when I left.

manpe and bigbluewillie like this

52 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I was Djng at a mates party and he was there with Seal.

Is your friend a celebrity or smth?

Brilliant band Massive Attack. This subway is now called Joe Strummer way it's on the Edgware Road next to Britain's most secure old bill station Paddington Green. Where the black and white stripes are used to be a clothes shop I remember buying a diamond jumper there in 1981 ha ha. There used to be a lot of shops in here which looking back was a bit weird anyway enough of the history lesson and enjoy the video.

Fulham Broadway likes this

On 14/02/2018 at 0:31 AM, Iggy Doonican said:

As I mentioned diamond jumpers here's some Chelsea boys at Huddersfield in 83. Pringle diamonds and Adidas still wear Adidas got four pairs once a casual.

p22012375.jpg

Went bonkers on Pringle vests for a bit. Amazing stuff to pick up from Golf shops then till those abstract shapes came in. Mrs bought me a red angora Pringle with the white Shelby racing stripes lol I never put it on me back. Hate red but she always thought she could change me lol Women eh. Gotta love em.

Fulham Broadway likes this

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 0:31 AM, Iggy Doonican said:

As I mentioned diamond jumpers here's some Chelsea boys at Huddersfield in 83. Pringle diamonds and Adidas still wear Adidas got four pairs once a casual.

p22012375.jpg

Lol went for the Alan Partridge look as well

Iggy Doonican likes this

21 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Lol went for the Alan Partridge look as well

I remember we played at Palace away 83 my mate had his hair highlighted before the game. About 10 minutes in he noticed all the dye had run into his Fila tracksuit top he was going mental ha ha.

Unionjack and Fulham Broadway like this

5 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I remember we played at Palace away 83 my mate had his hair highlighted before the game. About 10 minutes in he noticed all the dye had run into his Fila tracksuit top he was going mental ha ha.

Was having my hair highlighted once, had the rubber bag on my head. Our local Ds CID came in (who I had an ongoing acquaintance lol) and said if I only had a camera I'd stick these pics all over Brixton. I said like the ones I put up of you 2 telling everyone you were Ds. They weren't chuffed.

Iggy Doonican likes this