The 'What Song Are You Listening To Now' Thread

BlueLion.

3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

was listening to Robert Smith and he said they only play the golden oldies at festivals -they have a new album out in November tat is really oppressive and dark -he said he wasn't going to impose any of that on the Glasto happy-go-luckies :D

Think Dead Souls was in the Crow as well ? Not seen it, but think it might be 9" Nails version. Nothing beats the JD version imo.

Nothing beats Joy Division FB such a part of my teenage life. Every Christmas used to listen to John Peel's festive 50 and it was always Anarchy in the UK at number for years. Every christmas eve we'd have to go to midnight mass so we'd miss the last 10 minutes of the show come back listen on my brothers tape recorder ha ha and this came on it was so different to what was about then so influential and such a fucking brilliant song.

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 9:27 PM, Iggy Doonican said:

Nothing beats Joy Division FB such a part of my teenage life. Every Christmas used to listen to John Peel's festive 50 and it was always Anarchy in the UK at number for years. Every christmas eve we'd have to go to midnight mass so we'd miss the last 10 minutes of the show come back listen on my brothers tape recorder ha ha and this came on it was so different to what was about then so influential and such a fucking brilliant song.

You had to go to Midnight Mass too Iggy ? I always remember as a kid the drunks in the church, but being excited at being able to open your presents when you got back :P

Surprised this wasn't John Peels (RIP) No1  -he was always saying that was his favourite

43 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

You had to go to Midnight Mass too Iggy ? I always remember as a kid the drunks in the church, but being excited at being able to open your presents when you got back :P

Surprised this wasn't John Peels (RIP) No1  -he was always saying that was his favourite

Mate there was a social club next to the church half the congregation were either pissed or half asleep.:) The festive 50 was voted by the listeners 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/johnpeel/festive50s/1980s/1981/

7 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Mate there was a social club next to the church half the congregation were either pissed or half asleep.:) The festive 50 was voted by the listeners 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/johnpeel/festive50s/1980s/1981/

Looking at that list there are only a couple of bands didn't manage to see. The standard of music in that list is immense. 79-81 great years, but the country was in a right state -what's new ?

5 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Looking at that list there are only a couple of bands didn't manage to see. The standard of music in that list is immense. 79-81 great years, but the country was in a right state -what's new ?

I think I might have mentioned it to you or UJ (the scarlet pimpernel :)) about how many youth cultures you had then. Mods, skins, punks, teds, rude boys, soul boys, rastas, rockabillies, casuals had started 81-82. I was still at school I started as a punk in 77 although you couldn't dress as one and left a casual with my Slazenger jumper followed by a Pringle.

7 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I think I might have mentioned it to you or UJ (the scarlet pimpernel :)) about how many youth cultures you had then. Mods, skins, punks, teds, rude boys, soul boys, rastas, rockabillies, casuals had started 81-82. I was still at school I started as a punk in 77 although you couldn't dress as one and left a casual with my Slazenger jumper followed by a Pringle.

Lol I think there was quite a bit of tribe swapping and youth cult crossovers as well. Below my flat were a load of Rockabillys and Psychobillys plying Bill Hailey and Stray Cats. The boys had ridiculous quiffs and the girls wore their hair up, ponytails and shin length skirts. About 8 of them and they all used to pile into an old Buick. Didn't want to fuck with them though, they were always up for agro :o

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 9:27 PM, Iggy Doonican said:

Jeremy Vine recently bought the chimes used on Atmosphere for £7200 at a Manc auction. Peter Hook has now said the ones he bought may not be the actual ones :o

However as a goodwill gesture they are allowing Vine to play the chimes on stage when they play Atmosphere tonight at the Royal Albert Hall

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Jeremy Vine recently bought the chimes used on Atmosphere for £7200 at a Manc auction. Peter Hook has now said the ones he bought may not be the actual ones :o

However as a goodwill gesture they are allowing Vine to play the chimes on stage when they play Atmosphere tonight at the Royal Albert Hall

By rights I should like Jeremy Vine he's more or less the same age as me, he likes the same music as me and supports Chelsea even though he's very much a Johnny come lately and yet I find him to be a right smarmy tosspot. Clarkson, Paxman, Hunt, Kyle and Vine why are so many Jeremy's absolute thundercunts ?

Peter Hook is a weird one so many people say he's a right twat as well. He made those claims that Caroline Aherne used to hit him which he only said not long after she died which was pretty low. He also seems to be whoring Joy Division and New Order's legacy to the highest bidder.

• 2 weeks later...

Fever Ray - I'm Not Done (Still Not Done Mix)

Published on Jul 15, 2019

This track is originally from the first (self-titled) Fever Ray album but was updated for their 2018 live shows. The overwhelmingly positive audience response led to this studio recording of the version.
Image result for Fever RayImage result for Fever RayImage result for Fever Ray

Duran Duran - Careless Memories (1981 Night Version)

Label:
Not on Label ‎– Self-Released Bootleg for DJ's
Format:
Vinyl, 12", 45 RPM, Single 
UK
Released:
Genre:
Electronic, Rock, Pop
Style:
New Wave, Synth-pop

R-2504901-1516818100-1550.jpeg.jpg

R-5159723-1392097103-4300.jpeg.jpg