The 'What Song Are You Listening To Now' Thread

BlueLion.

16 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I used to run this club early to mid 90s in Brixton just down the road from me. Was just 2 houses knocked together. Stripped down,black painted walls with luminous painted graffiti. Was only a quid to get in;

Couple of old beat up bits of furniture and a very illegal bar just sold Red Stripe and Carlsburg Special Brew and loads of Jamaican Rum

Ran from Friday midnight to Monday morning every week. Mostly played rave/house but once a month I did a Ska/Reggae night. Was excellent. All the old Rastas/Jamaicams came along with the old Skinheads, all dancing together. Never needed a smoke machine cause everyone that came smoked. Cops knew I ran it, would turn up once in awhile. But they never minded cause it was all love and peace. And they knew it kept all the headcases off the streets of Brixton lol Was fine till a couple of daft girls paniked on E's and thought they were dying so phoned for a ambulance. Didn't help it was just after Leah Betts. So the Old Bill shut me down.

But I played all the old Blue Beat,Studio 1,Island,Trojan etc. Excellent times

Sounds exactly like the 'blues' we used to go to in Bristol -Ajax, Mannys, and Ladbroke Grove. Your body would turn to jelly from the dub bass, a fog of ganja and what some especially white people found intimidating. We were four 15 year old white kids, the only white people in there, apart from a few white girls/hos. We made the mistake of going down there on a Tuesday once after an evening match thinking it would be the same dub/red stripe/ganja of Friday/ Saturday. It was freezing and we were sat at the end of a long basement thinking where is everybody ? Then a black guy strolled towards us swinging an axe. Walked straight past us and started chopping firewood :D. It was 'dominoes night', no dub just old black guys slamming down their dominoes.

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Sounds exactly like the 'blues' we used to go to in Bristol -Ajax, Mannys, and Ladbroke Grove. Your body would turn to jelly from the dub bass, a fog of ganja and what some especially white people found intimidating. We were four 15 year old white kids, the only white people in there, apart from a few white girls/hos. We made the mistake of going down there on a Tuesday once after an evening match thinking it would be the same dub/red stripe/ganja of Friday/ Saturday. It was freezing and we were sat at the end of a long basement thinking where is everybody ? Then a black guy strolled towards us swinging an axe. Walked straight past us and started chopping firewood :D. It was 'dominoes night', no dub just old black guys slamming down their dominoes.

YES!! Exactly mate. It must have been a more up to date Blues Get really mashed and sit between the speakers to really heavy dub. Vibrates thru your body from head to toe.

We had this kitchen area I set up for the dominoes lads You could only get in there past a guy on the door. These guys put together more business in that little room than you could dream of. Plus they gave me some free doormen to put alongside my own. Thats why there was never any problems.

They get real passionate over their bones don't they? Look like they're going to kill each other 1 minute and crack up laughing the next. I played a few times with them but never won. But never lost  to nill neither tho. Some BIG money bets too.

Still get reminded over that place when I run into peeps. Nowhere around like those places anymore. Tho there is one not too far down the Rd pretty close 

Glorious Din - Leading Stolen Horses (Full Album)

One of the best post-punk dark wave records ever put out in the US.

Eric Cope: How a boy from the Sri Lankan jungle formed the greatest post-punk band you’ve never heard

'https://www.factmag.com/2016/06/08/glorious-din-eric-cope/

Label:
Insight ‎– R 41585
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album 
US
Released:
Genre:
Rock
Style:
New Wave, Goth Rock, Post-Punk

R-9259256-1477517861-1704.jpeg.jpgR-446614-1270398186.jpeg.jpg

glorious+din+511046479_877636248965834_7277178451646464858_n

Ann Clue B2B Boris Brejcha @ Smiling Sun Open Air, Stockholm 2016

Tracklist:
01 Hashtag - Boris Brejcha
02 Be F.L.A.M.E - Boris Brejcha
03 Welcome To Real Life - Boris Brejcha
04 Drehmoment - Smilla (Boris Brejcha Remix)
05 FEAR - Boris Brejcha (UNRELEASED)
06 Vampire - Boris Brejcha
07 Mont Blanc - Boris Brejcha
08 Space Gremlin - Boris Brejcha (UNRELEASED)
09 Purple Noise - Boris Brejcha

Adam Beyer - Live in Nordstern, Switzerland [Drumcode Radio 444] 01 February 2019

One of the godfathers of Swedish techno (rolling beats for well over 20 years now!), Adam is a genius and a super nice bloke in real life. All our big techno DJ's, (REAL techno, not commercial shit) are super cool people (many women DJ's in there).

enjoy!!!!!

wicked set from a great club

Beyer with another of our superb techno DJ's, Ida Engberg

Image result for Adam Beyer

UK Garage & House Classics Mix - 1997 - Part 1 - Mixed by Chris Renegade

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Tracklisting:

0:00:00 MJ Cole - Sincere (Vocal Mix)
0:03:54 Smokin' Beats ft. Lynn Eden - Dreams (Vocal Mix)
0:06:06 Double 99 - Ripgroove (Original Mix)
0:09:17 George Morel - Let's Groove (Original Instrumental)
0:12:27 Astro Trax Team ft. Shola Phillips - The Energy (Feel The Vibe)
0:15:12 Bump & Flex - Long Time Coming (Original Mix)
0:18:22 Kele Le Roc - My Love (10° Below Vocal Mix)
0:22:46 Jhelisa - Friendly Pressure (From Midnight Mix)
0:28:09 Danny J Lewis - Spend The Night (H-Mans Groove Dub)
0:32:46 Indo - Are You Sleeping (Todd Edwards Mix)
0:35:58 Sounds Of One  - As I Am (Todd Edwards Mix)
0:41:05 New Horizons - Find The Path (Sweet Release Mix)
0:46:58 TJR - Just Gets Better (TJR Dub Mix)
0:50:08 Scott Garcia & Mc Styles - It's A London Thing (London Edit)
0:54:02 Nu Birth ft. Janette Sewell - Anytime (Original Mix)
0:56:58 Hardrive - Deep Inside (MAW Extended Mix)
1:01:44 Sunship - Check 1, 2? (Original Mix)
1:03:40 Y-Tribe - Baby You Bring Me Up (Kensal Rise Speed Mix)
1:08:20 Ruff Driverz - Don't Stop (Deeper Mix)
1:10:46 Reach & Spin - Hyper! (Instrumental Mix)
1:12:14 Tori Amos - Professional Widow (Armand's Star Trunk Funkin' Mix)
1:15:10 Sandy B - Make The World Go Round (Deep Dish Vocal Mix)
1:19:01 Sneaker Pimps - Spin Spin Sugar (Armand's Dark Garage Mix)

Image result for UK Garage jesus

SKREWDRIVER '' Back with a Bang''

as a women of colour and an English citizen who adores the Post-Westphalian nation state concept of sovereignty 

Ian was right on the corruption angle

NOT down with the pure racist tip

BUT I am a Europhile in terms of superior WORKABLE culture

plus, my fucking dog, has there ever been a better Oi! riff

NOPE

Dunno if any of you ever visited Don Letts shop down Kings Rd in mid 7os but I remember it well. There was this 2nd hand record shop a couple of doors up from his and I always had a chat if he wasn;t busy. Used to know a lot about Northern and I'd often go in and play him what I'd just bought.  Shop was always full of different bands tho so it didn't happen often.
Don Letts was with Jah Wobb;e and Keith Levine in Steel leg and he was one of the biggest influences in bringing Punk and Reggae together.

He left them to make Vids for The Clash. Jah and Keith got together with John Lydon to do PIL.

This is Steel Legs 4 track EP. Deep Dub with Punl..

I go thru small phases of playing different bands/trpes of music and I've had a very Jam like head since Monday morning. Argueably the best 3 piece band theres been in England.

I saw them all 3 nights at the Rainbow in 79.

Every album different. Weller split them up too early specially to get together with Mick Talbot after! But I think he liked none intellectuals .

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Belgium finest. I was in the crowd.

Saw her a few times live as well, awakenings last year and pukkelpop 2016 where she was a stand in for Eric Prydz who canceled his set. She was still pretty unknown back then, she the queen now ^^

Ps: Exit is on the bucket list

47 minutes ago, Weckerz said:

Saw her a few times live as well, awakenings last year and pukkelpop 2016 where she was a stand in for Eric Prydz who canceled his set. She was still pretty unknown back then, she the queen now ^^

Ps: Exit is on the bucket list

Yeah it was lit on her set bro. 

About Exit you should definitely go. Ticket for 4 days is cheaper then one day on Sziget. Even Amelie said she was very nervous before performing because it was dream for her to be on Exit Dance Arena.