test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EskWeston

Connor Clifford

Started by EskWeston,

123 posts in this topic

Think he signed a 3 year contract from memory.

Clifford certainly has the ability to make it at Chelsea but it is always hard to tell how development will go. On the face of it you would worry as every player that has gone on a long term loan has not been given first team chances to really have a go. However i don't think that is an issue, Connor will gain experience and get his shot at CFC i am sure.

Conor Clifford's loan to Plymouth Argyle has been extended until 22 January.

The 19-year-old Chelsea reserve team midfielder has been playing for the League One side since October. This is the second time his loan has been extended and he has started eight games.

Plymouth, who are managed by Peter Reid, have risen from 19th to 15th in that time.

'I think the supporters have taken to him [Clifford],' Reid has told Plymouth's official website.

'He can win the ball back and handle a football. He has been really good for us. He's brought an enthusiasm and energy about our play in the middle of the park.'

source CFC

I dont know exactly why they keep on extending his loan by a month, instead of sending him for the rest of the season! <_< <_< <_<

source CFC

I dont know exactly why they keep on extending his loan by a month, instead of sending him for the rest of the season! <_< <_< <_<

Because he was signed after the transfer window was closed, and they can only extend it for a month.And maximum is 3 months.

It is not Chelsea's fault this time.

Plymouth Argyle's bid to keep Conor Clifford at the club for another loan stay has been denied by the Football League.

The Pilgrims had agreed a deal with parent club Chelsea to keep the precocious midfielder at Home Park until January 22.

However, the Football League viewed the deal as a new signing and refused to accept Clifford's registration because Argyle have been made the subject of a winding-up order.

The Irish Under-21 midfielder made eight appearances for Peter Reid's men, where he has been on loan since October.

What sense does this make if at all he will be able to sign a loan deal in 9 days time?? Rules rules rules...

I think it's because of the "wind-up order" not the actual process of loaning. The loan is seen as a "new" deal rather than "extended" deal in the eyes of the Football League, I guess a consequence of a wind-up order is.. That club cannot sign new players, either permanently or on loan.

What sense does this make if at all he will be able to sign a loan deal in 9 days time?? Rules rules rules...

But not with Plymouth Argyle.

Kakuta and McEachran need the FA Cup minutes more than him. He could get his debut as a late sub though. The club will probably try to loan him to another team.

Plymouth manager Peter Reid on Clifford

Obviously, we're all bitterly disappointed he won't be with us. "The boy was sick, really gutted when he was told he wouldn't be staying.

"He's done great for us and been a leader and shook people up, but what will be, will be.

"But it is a blow – I've got to say that.

"He brought enthusiasm and energy to our play in the middle of the park, and has been a breath of fresh air.

"I only learned (that he wouldn't be staying) on Tuesday afternoon from the league.

"But there's nothing I can do about it – there's no good worrying or moaning – I've just got to get on with it."

Plymouth Captain:

"It's obviously disappointing. We only found out on Wednesday morning of the situation.

"It's a blow for us because he (Clifford) has been doing well for us of late.

"Of course, he was learning his trade and gaining experience at the same time, playing for us. We've just got to get on with it and not dwell on it too much.

"That's the way it is in football: one day you're with a team and the next you're transferred.

"You've just got to get on with it and try and be as positive as you can."

Looks like he made quite an impression

Looks like he made quite an impression

Jesus, yeah. I can't wait till he bursts on the scene for our senior squad..

Any Rumors on what will happen with Clifford? Will he go out on loan again or will he stick around. Would love to see him involved in the Ipswich game but I'd imagine we will be putting out a full squad to improve our confidence.

Would love to see him getting a loan move to west ham or something!

Any Rumors on what will happen with Clifford? Will he go out on loan again or will he stick around. Would love to see him involved in the Ipswich game but I'd imagine we will be putting out a full squad to improve our confidence.

Would love to see him getting a loan move to west ham or something!

FFS

you can't loan such a Talent to a Club like West-Ham... before we do sth like that we should consider loaning him to a club like WBA, Blackpool etc...

you can't loan such a Talent to a Club like West-Ham... before we do sth like that we should consider loaning him to a club like WBA, Blackpool etc...

West Ham would be a good move. Plymouth were in the same shape as the Hammers in that half of the table, Connor could be useful there, him and Parker would link up well.

Connor will almost definitely go back on loan, i am sure the club are looking for the best possible loan for him, Championship or league 1 will be where he will end up.