test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EskWeston

Connor Clifford

Started by EskWeston,

123 posts in this topic

Has he been loaned because of lack of Reserve games?

Basically he has been loaned out to move his development forward, to see how he handles a higher level of football.

Basically he has been loaned out to move his development forward, to see how he handles a higher level of football.

I think he is a gerard type player in the way he explodes into action. Josh is the much much more talented player though which might hold him back ultimately.

helsea youngster enjoying Plymouth experience

11:55 AM 25 October, 2010

nographicsLarge.jpg

Chelsea midfielder Conor Clifford joined Plymouth on a one-month loan deal on Friday and made his debut the following day in a 2-1 home victory against Huddersfield.

“I came down on Friday night, so it [the loan move] was really short notice,” he told This Is Devon. “I just packed my bag, jumped on the train, and came down.

“[Plymouth winger] Craig Noone picked me up from the train station, and I stayed with him that night,” he explained. “I went into the dressing-room, put the kit on and went out and played.

“I didn’t know anyone’s name, but the lads were good to me. They looked after me on the pitch, and helped me through it,” the Republic of Ireland Under-21 international added. “I really enjoyed it.”

Before the game, Clifford admitted to feeling a bit apprehensive. “It was strange, sitting down and no-one knowing who you are, and you’re starting when other lads who have been training all week aren’t starting,” he said. “It did feel a bit awkward.”

He was pleasantly surprised to be thrown into the starting line-up by Argyle manager Peter Reid. “I wasn’t expecting that at all,” he admitted.

“Peter Reid has shown great faith in me, throwing me in like that,” Clifford added. “He just said: ‘Relax, go out and express yourself, and don’t be nervous’. It was good.”

Lets Hope he does well and earns loan move to a championship team!

He is doing quite well there it would seem, his work ethic and passing ability would have always meant he would do well though. Lets see where he goes from here though,

I gave out to him for his comments about not having a Chelsea future. I fully expect him to be world class now and lead us to glory.

Good stuff, glad to see him getting regular first team football there. It's only a matter of time till Carlo calls him for some first team action at home :)

It would be good because he would play a lot, but on the other hand it is just League One.

Better than rotting in the reserves I think. Atleast it gives him a taste of physical, competitive football. Being in the team every week will help his confidence.

The club will try, if possible, to get him a loan at a club higher up in the food chain, of that is not possible then they will probably let him stay there while he is getting games.

The club will try, if possible, to get him a loan at a club higher up in the food chain, of that is not possible then they will probably let him stay there while he is getting games.

I know it's off-topic but I'm hearing a lot about Burnley wanting to sign Cork permanently, what do you think will happen with that?

I know it's off-topic but I'm hearing a lot about Burnley wanting to sign Cork permanently, what do you think will happen with that?

Fairly likely i would think, Chelsea are showing no signs that they think he will be worth keeping around long term. Personally i think he can offer something to us, but it doesn't look like happening.

So do people reckon Clifford has a future in the first team with Chelsea? He seems to have become one of Plymouth's MVP's.....

I reckon he could stay with Plymouth for the season. Then Championship next season. Before taking over Lampard's role the following season. Maybe thats being very optimistic?

Also how long of a contract did he sign?