Yossi Benayoun

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it official now ... can i go ahead and start cursing and blaming the most stupid people i have ever seen who have sold stoch let joe cole move on a free transfer and now they are buying benayoun ....... i cant beleive this is actually happening .... i will not support benayoun and my respect for carlo will decrease if this is true ....

is it official now ... can i go ahead and start cursing and blaming the most stupid people i have ever seen who have sold stoch let joe cole move on a free transfer and now they are buying benayoun ....... i cant beleive this is actually happening .... i will not support benayoun and my respect for carlo will decrease if this is true ....

Why would you not support Benayoun? In my opinion he will be give us more than Joe COle did last season and he will cost less, Ive never heard him complain at Liverpool and so far as I can see he always gave them 100%. He might not be the big name signing we all dream of but he is a good, experienced player and will add depth to our squad. To come out and say that you wont support him and you will lose respect for Carlo before he has even played a game for Chelsea is just ignorant if you ask me.

And you expect Kakuta to walk straight into that team?? Benayoun is a cheap and is good enough to rotate Kakuta with.

Spot on. He's a proven EPL player. Let's face it, he won't be first team material for every match. I merely expect him to be the stop-gap between Cole leaving and Kakuta making the step up. He's not a bad player at all, either. He remains the only player to score Premiership, Champions League and FA Cup hat tricks.

i will not support benayoun and my respect for carlo will decrease if this is true ....

I'm sure he gives a fuck.

Is this really the kind of shit we have following us now? Throwing a wobbly because we're going to sign a player who didn't feature for them on FM.

Seriously, some of you need to grow a pair, grow up and get over it.

Yossi is a fantastic squad player to have , one of the few consistently good performers from the Liverpool squad . Technically good, is easy on the ball and having him along with Kakuta in the right wing could work out well for both the players, not to mention helping in the development of Gael . Great signing IMO , if people don't get caught up in touting him as the replacement for Cole, which he is NOT . Could end up to be a brilliant signing for a proven creative player in the league despite his age, time will tell. Could just be the kind of guy who could help open up defences when we are up against a brick wall.

Benayoun is not the sort of signing we need to be making. We have a very very good core of experienced players, we don't need more average squad players when we should be looking to bring in younger players to challenge the experience. For Benayoun solves nothing other than making up numbers! Certainly not helping us to bring through any of our own prospects. I know it's been mentioned before but i would much rather bring on Kakuta than Benayoun from the bench, because lets me honest, how many starts is Benayoun going to get?

Im sure if hes scores goals and gets many assists no one will be complaining. Just like when we had a poor run during the season and everyone was asking for Carlo to be sacked. We ended up winning the league and every one that was bad mouthing him was calling him the NEW SPECIAL ONE. Give Yossi a chance that's all I'm saying!

I understand the frustration, Man City are signing David Silva and Yaya Tore while we are signing 30 year old scouser Benayoun. I want big name signings as much as the next person but Im glad that the club are not going to be ripped off, if we complete the signing of one big name by the end of this transfer market and Benayoun and we promote some young players into the squad then I will be happy.

Look at the benefits of Benayoun, he is experienced, he wont be one of those demanding a first team place every week, he is a creative player who is versatile, there are worse signings than Benayoun especially for the cheap price we are getting him at. At the end of the day he is going to be a squad player, nothing more, nothling less.

I understand the frustration, Man City are signing David Silva and Yaya Tore while we are signing 30 year old scouser Benayoun. I want big name signings as much as the next person but Im glad that the club are not going to be ripped off, if we complete the signing of one big name by the end of this transfer market and Benayoun and we promote some young players into the squad then I will be happy.

Look at the benefits of Benayoun, he is experienced, he wont be one of those demanding a first team place every week, he is a creative player who is versatile, there are worse signings than Benayoun especially for the cheap price we are getting him at. At the end of the day he is going to be a squad player, nothing more, nothling less.

It's not that we are not signing "names" but that Benayoun makes no real improvement to our squad, i would rather us sign a player like Matic or when we signed Ivanovic that no-one has heard of but we will train into a quality player. We have enough experience in the squad and we need to be looking forward and building something here rather than look at a short term view.....