The Rock Thread

chrismada9

Rise Today is fucking awesome man! Dude you seriously have my taste! Definitely! :goodpost:

It's that kind of stuff I like as well, you know it having plenty of good vocals and I can tolerate a bit of screamo but not too much...

Few more here to tickle your lugholes :tiphat: Rob Zombie is a really good artist, Superbeast is one of my favourites but there are so many good ones out there.

And yet another Swedish metal band (Soilwork being the other Swedish band) with this song that's really catchy, Bullet Ride B)

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love Rob Zombie, mixed on his latest album though, but his older stuff is a real gem. :tiphat: Going back to Ra for one sentence (:P), you should definitely try to get there first album if you like 'Sky', the album doesn't have one bad song on it. The mixture of eastern influences and the amazing guitar riffs make it the perfect pudding with Sahaj's voice as the cherry on top, but that cherry has chocoltae sauce on it. Fucking lovely!

One song i am talking about mostly is 'On My Side' which, i believe, if was released over here would get so much radio play it could top the chart or top ten at least.

Example:

Ra- On My Side

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUHr9gSKcik

The fucking chorous is sung so smoothly, it is annoyingly good.

Another band which has a little kick of scream is Five Finger Death Punch. Yes they are heavy metal, but that doesn't mean the lead singer is like the rest of the 'bangers' on the scene. The Bleeding was their best song, but i think another is their cover version of Bad Company. Of course i am limited to posting two songs per reply, so i choose to post 'Walk Away' which is, if not, their best song on the second album. Of course i haven't got the deluxe version where there is meant to be another solid song, so this would have to do :P.

Example:

Five Finger Death Punch - Walk Away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS803Oc2DCY

Tell us what ya think ;) And i'll try and dig up some more bands i have.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this version of Jeff Buckley's version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah sung by Myles Kennedy of Alter Bridge. This shows how fucking awesome his vocals are, and the way he sings it makes you want to cry (it did me anyway :|).

I'll try to update for some more if you want CJ

Just found this version of Jeff Buckley's version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah sung by Myles Kennedy of Alter Bridge. This shows how fucking awesome his vocals are, and the way he sings it makes you want to cry (it did me anyway :|).

I'll try to update for some more if you want CJ

That's actually not a bad version of the song, sings it very well I reckon!

I'll try kicking this thread off again with this song by Soilwork, called "Crestfallen". Awesome tune!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2ndOTq7LUY

I was actually very disappointed with there latest album but you have to appreciate what they have tried to do with it. None of there albums will come close to Deloused in the Comatorium.

Also mate if you love you music. Give Coheed and Cambria a listen too. Musically they are a very talented band. But not everyone likes them on first listen. Give them a few and they will blow your mind :)

• 2 weeks later...

Recently have been starting to listen to some new bands, one that has really gotten into my liking is Katatonia, a Norwegian hard-rock possibly could be classified as Nu Metal band that uses doom metal influences.

The lead singer has such melancholy and harmonic voice for their music, it just seem to be a smooth and nice pairing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an-nknHiaiU

Funny thing is, you have the Emo/Disney bands on Kerrang! one minute, then they have Metallica. 90% Emo or Disney 'Rock' bands then, 5% decent now-a-days songs, 5% classic.

Rather have YouTube ;)

• 1 month later...

I'm into all kinds of rock (hard rock, punk rock, alt. rock) and also blues and rock'n'roll.

My favourite bands:

Led Zeppelin - love them. Gods!

AC/DC - went to their concert this year in Dresden, it was awesome

Black Sabbath

Guns N'Roses

Jimi Hendrix - solo and in Jimi Hendrix Experience

Sex Pistols

The White Stripes

etc.

Btw about this Oasis video with croud from Argentina. From what I know this stadium in Argentina and fans are one of the best in the world. AC/DC has 2 or more music videos from concert in that place. They're always all over the place, singing, dancing and just having fun.

I'm reviving this thread! :smiliecap1:

Know any more top bands ZanSnake? If you know any bands that sound like Ra, that would be awesome :)

One thing about Ra is that they're sound is something which is untouched by any other band, or that has been able to bring the same elements together and make it mold into something beautiful sounding like they do. Sahaj is the main factor for their sweet sound, and he is meant to be doing an solo album at the moment which should be out soon enough this year. But other bands which i like either recently or have re-connected with, have been either unsigned or different genres.

For Example:

Entwine - Bittersweet

A little gothic metal, which can spawn some nice songs with the right construction. Finnish as well, as it seems all decent bands are from. It was the singer which was destinctive for me, band isn't super known but have made some good songs.

Stealing Eden - All I need

Unsigned post-grunge band, catchy songs and yet another decet singer.

And Manuf, nice collection of classic rock bands their! AC/DC and old-GNR are ones that really shine for me, didn't mind they last GNR one though, have you checked out Slah's solo album?