Liverpool vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we were confident in 2008 final and last year semi final and look where we are now. Still without CL trophy in our cabinet. We have gone through many dissapointments in the last 5-6 years and it is normal that you are a little more pesimistic when you get to important match.

I believe we can beat Liverpool but we must play at the best of our game because Scousers won't let us win easily.

But if we produce the kind of games we played against Stoke or Aston Villa and even against United, Liverpool won't have any chance and I expect our lads to play like it is a cup final or WC final.

That´s it. If Chelsea play its best football, Liverpool wont have a chance...I do believe Chelsea will play its best. There is reason to be cautious, but not to be afraid.

I'm not gonna look too much into stats but if we do the last few times we've gone there, Torres has been the one guy who has been a real problem to us, he's not playing. We can't describe how big that really is, it's huge in all honesty. Gerrard has been non existent against us in the past. Also the last time we went to anfield was in a very big game, a Champions League Quarter Final and we stuffed em 3-1 and played magnificently (Ivanovic - A Legend was born). When we lost 2-0 to them in the league, we were in a bad period with a lot of uncertainty and no confidence. In that period we lost 3-0 at old trafford and was all over the place. We turned it round under Hiddink and done them big style there.

This is all in our favour, we have pretty much a fully fit team at this stage of the season except Essien. We'll have more than a good enough team to go there and turn them over and if we do, there's no way we'll throw it away against wigan.

We've had a week to rest, Liverpool will be more tired as the Atletico game might be a tough one because they are chasing a 1-0 deficit.

TBH it's all in our favour, we've just gotta go out and do it now. We're in good shape.

Edited by OllieCFC

You said we were going to win 4-1... at Anfield as well! lol!

If Chelsea play its best football, Chelsea can win 4-1. period. If you believe that to win, Chelsea need to play its best football + pray for Gerrard and Kuyt to miss the match + a little bit of luck, so I feel sorry for you.

If Chelsea play its best football, Chelsea can win 4-1. period. If you believe that to win, Chelsea need to play its best football + pray for Gerrard and Kuyt to miss the match + a little bit of luck, so I feel sorry for you.

That made all the sense in the world :whistling:

Edited by The Blue Swede

Yes, Chelsea need to be at their best, have Gerrard and Kuyt miss the match and have a bit of luck to win 4-1. I would agree with that. But... to go out and say we will win 4-1 no question is in my opinion being over-confident, and that is what you said.

I'm not going to argue with you about it. I hope your right and we do win 4-1. I just would be careful in what i wish for thats all.

Can Chelsea beat Liverpool 4-1? Definitely, but will they? Who knows.

we already beat them 1-3 in CL...in that time,no one expect Chelsea will win,with gerrard and torres playing together...but this week,i'm sure we can win again,and 1-4 win is not impossible...

^ I would go for the team that played vs Pompey too! that game was away from home lets not forget lol

Come on Chelsea, get the 3 points, WIN THE LEAGUE!

Liverpiss play tonight, hope it goes to extra time and they get fucked with injuries.

What the fuck is all this 4-1 shit lol, you're all kinda taking the piss. Yes we beat them 3-1 last year and we done em there 4-1 in 2005/2006 but come on.... 4-1 now? Be serious. We are not gonna go to Anfield and win 4-1 on Sunday. It's gonna be 4-0, where the fuck did u get the 1 from? Mad people

On a more realistic and serious note.....

All i'll say is that we can definitely go to Anfield against THIS liverpool team and win no question, don't care what score as long as we get the job done.

P.S i'm nervous as hell but whatever happens, you gotta love the English premiership and our team. The blue flag will remain high in the sky regardless how the season pans out.

What the fuck is all this 4-1 shit lol, you're all kinda taking the piss. Yes we beat them 3-1 last year and we done em there 4-1 in 2005/2006 but come on.... 4-1 now? Be serious. We are not gonna go to Anfield and win 4-1 on Sunday. It's gonna be 4-0, where the fuck did u get the 1 from? Mad people

On a more realistic and serious note.....

All i'll say is that we can definitely go to Anfield against THIS liverpool team and win no question, don't care what score as long as we get the job done.

P.S i'm nervous as hell but whatever happens, you gotta love the English premiership and our team. The blue flag will remain high in the sky regardless how the season pans out.

Couldn't agree with you more Ollie, we can do this, it's in our hands, we just got to try and not fuck it up, the only option is to win as it is such an important game.

I may have only been supporting Chelsea for a year, but I sure do love going to see them play and have looked forward to each and every game that I've been to. I strongly believe in keeping the blue flag flying high whether we win or lose :blue scalf: