Liverpool vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can´t believe how english guys are very optmistic...Chelsea just demolished Stoke, has scored more than 90 goals, has the best side in EPL this season, and the guy say that he is worried about a Wigan upset in the last game... If Chelsea win agaisnt Liverpool, but lose or draw the last game, so the whole team should be fired.

Rooney quotes from this Premier League article on the title race. I like his sly dig at Liverpool in the last sentance!

Wayne Rooney is keeping his fingers crossed bitter rivals Liverpool will do Manchester United a favour next Sunday by beating Premier League title rivals Chelsea .

The west Londoners head to Anfield next Sunday to take on Rafael Benitez's top-four chasers and newly-crowned PFA Player of the Year Rooney is hoping Liverpool will swing the title race back in United's favour.

The Reds will be loathe to see United win a record 19th domestic crown but Rooney is expecting Liverpool to be professional.

"I'm sure Liverpool will want to beat Chelsea," said Rooney. "The pride they've got and the history they've got, I'm sure they'll want to win that game."

The 24-year-old added: "They are fighting to get into the Europa League."

Good luck Wayne because no matter how Liverpool play Carlo's boys are gonna kick their asses!! :delight:

If we lose this game against Liverpool, we might as well start polishing it for Ferguson again.

We HAVE to win this. Then a win at home against a team who have already beaten us 3-1 this season Wigan shouldn't be a problem.... Would it?

The nerves are really starting to kick in!!! Sunday's result gave me some confidence about going on to win the league but the more I think about it the more nervous I am getting. I hope that everyone is up for this game, and that we can keep our heads, especially JT as he looks a bit out of it at the moment.

Hopefully come Monday we will all be smiling but I for one know that I will be watching the game from behind the sofa as if I were watching a scary movie as a kid.

Come on Chels!!!

I really think we can beat them. If we start the game like we did against Stoke, very high tempo from the start, we can bring the three points back home.

Malouda was fantastic in centre midfield and i would love to see him in that position again. He brings pace, power, hard work and skill to go past a man. He also showed good vision by bringing in long balls (like the ball too Drogba that led to the first goal).

Would love to see this line-up

------------------------------------Cech----------------------------------

Ivanovic--------------Alex------------------Terry-----------------Cole

----------Lamps-------------Mikel/Ballack----------Louda------------

Cole/Kalou--------------------Drogba--------------------------Zhirkov

You can get some great position switching on that left side, with Malouda going out wide and Zhirkov going in centre or Zhirkov staying behind at leftback and Cole staying forward every other time.

Zhirkov was our best player in recent weeks (together with Louda of course). His attacking play was fantastic with his mazing dribbles and pace being a real pain for the opposition. I felt sorry for him being benched after the good job he had done when he was playing

Come on Chels !

Edited by Blue_Soldier

I really think we can beat them. If we start the game like we did against Stoke, very high tempo from the start, we can bring the three points back home.

Malouda was fantastic in centre midfield and i would love to see him in that position again. He brings pace, power, hard work and skill to go past a man. He also showed good vision by bringing in long balls (like the ball too Drogba that led to the first goal).

Would love to see this line-up

------------------------------------Cech----------------------------------

Ivanovic--------------Alex------------------Terry-----------------Cole

----------Lamps-------------Mikel/Ballack----------Louda------------

Cole/Kalou--------------------Drogba--------------------------Zhirkov

You can get some great position switching on that left side, with Malouda going out wide and Zhirkov going in centre or Zhirkov staying behind at leftback and Cole staying forward every other time.

Zhirkov was our best player in recent weeks (together with Louda of course). His attacking play was fantastic with his mazing dribbles and pace being a real pain for the opposition. I felt sorry for him being benched after the good job he had done when he was playing

Come on Chels !

I think this is most probably the team we will play, although I think Ballack will do a better job than Mikel. Mikel always seems to give away sloppy freekicks, something we dont need at this point of the season with what is at stake. I think your right though if we can show the tempo we demonstrated against Stoke then we will do well, but this is Liverpool and is a totally different story at Anfield than it is at the Bridge.

KTBFFH

Yes we are the side that beats United at Old Trafford and Arsenal at the Emirates.

I think Ballack will play as Mikel is out for three weeks?

I can only watch the game through my hands. It feels like everytime we play the scousers but with so much more to lose this time. Last CL´s matches still in the bones for me, as well as losing to them at home and away last season. But hey, we beat them at home.

I seriously can´t see the lads losing their focus....

Wigan at home should be alright after a win at Anfield.

And don´t forget...last time we beat a team with 7 goals we went to a Top4-side and beat them ;)

Malouda and Alex with the goals, Alex free kick goes directly on Reina and blasts him into his own net....

No Torres. Kuyt out of form. Shaky defence. Why the hell do I feel so worried?

Because it's Liverpool, anyone thinking we're going to go to Anfield and hump them 4-0 needs their head examining. I'd bite my own fucking hand off for a 1-0 win.