FA Cup Final - Chelsea vs Portsmouth

BlueLion.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning the double will be amazing, come on Chels!

It sure would and it would be a fantastic ending to the domestic season. Cannot wait till next Saturday.

To be honest I always rated the FA Cup in the same position as the Champions League, but now after being fucked over so many times in the Cl I'm preferring the FA Cup more.

Yeah, and only the English will think like that.

Whats that supposed to mean? Sounds like the FA Cup is now like the carling cup to alot of people...

It means only the English will rate the FA cup as more important than/in the same position as the CL.

1. EPL

2. CL

3. FA

4. Carling

Edited by .Cee

Yes Chelsea is an English Club so we should imo.

No, just because we're an English club, it doesn't mean we should. We're a big club now and all the other big clubs in Europe have won it (except Arsenal). The CL is definitely much more prestigious than the FA.

And it'd be awesome to make a record of being the first London based club to win it, too.

I think how special the FA Cup is depends on the club to be honest. We always take this competition extremely seriously, and we love winning it. Just because other clubs don't feel the same way, shouldn't demean the trophy for us.

the F A cup is widely recognised as the most prestigious DOMESTIC cup competetion in the world ..It is a great

honour to win it ,,Ask Ash ..he has 5 winners medals ..

but the CL is the holy grail ,,even ranking higher than the PL and harder to win

KTF think how we will celebrate one day

Our FA Cup wins in 1997 and 2000 were the small stones that started the avalanche of the club's Abramovich-instigated dominance. The competition is something the club have won five times, and a sixth would highlight what an important trophy it is to Chelsea Football Club. As a result of that I view the FA Cup and Champions League in the same bracket. Why? Because they're equally as hard to win, and the best team doesn't necessarily win it. Unlike the league, where the champions ALWAYS deserve it.

This game's gonna be a party seriously and after scoring 17 goals in our last 3 games without conceding and going on to seal the title, i kinda feel for pompy for saturday. Gonna be a real party atmosphere, champions vs relegated but pompy will be so keen to bow out in style, kinda like us. This final's gonna be kinda weird but looking hugely forward to it.

I wont predict a score, it could be anything really but we do hold the record for biggest FA Cup final defeat.... I think we'll bag 3 or 4 but we could get more if we really want. Might just cruise and let pompy off the hook, who knows. Hell, we could hit the woodwork 8 times and lose 1-0, anything can happen in this wonderful sport.

Anyway, let's make history.

2005 - League and Carling Cup Winners

2007 - Carling Cup and FA Cup Winners

2010 - League and FA Cup Winners?

Be the first team i'm sure to complete each domestic double.

Champions League is harder to win for sure but much better to win that as champions rather than a team who qualified as 2nd, 3rd or 4th. I would love the UCL, just to get in on the CV but after that, domestic all the way for me.

Edited by OllieCFC

I dont understand the bad rep the FA cup is getting, I think it's a fantastic competition. Especially at Wembley stadium, the atmosphere is amazing, wish I could go.

Eeeeek!! Yesterday was kinda meh if we loose this ,we've won the title but now I wana win this!! Back to back and all.Only Southampton fans and us want us to win so be nice :D

Make it a double!!History and so forth!

Edited by Laylabelle