FA Cup Final - Chelsea vs Portsmouth

BlueLion.

Trust in your team... Why people think that its going to be a difficult game annoys me a little.

Yea ok its far from over, but lets be honest were not at full 'power' with Essien and Ivonic and Cole all out... just think how well we have done with out them... and then they turn up on May!!!

Our encounters with Pompey have always pulled good result and that is just because we have the firepower to out gun them. In the words of our Saviour John Terry... "'We have seen the last four or five weeks the team working hard from each other and that is the key. The quality has always been there and always will be in the top four or five teams in the Premier League but if we can work hard, win our tackles and do the basics very well then we should be okay. If we can win our games there is nothing anybody else can do."

Them words alone get me rarin!! blue%20scalf.gif

Well their is confidence, and then there is over-confidence, I suspect Spurs went into the game expecting to stump Pompey hard into the ground like some people are expecting Chelsea to do, and then Spurs get knocked out.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play up pompey, pompey play up. Really happy for them. I dont think this is going to be as easy as other games but we will wait and see. I also like there new tops but i really hope we get to wear blue this time.

bit of deja vu, Middlesbrough were deducted points and therefore relegated in 1997, then we beat em in the FA Cup final that year. It's gonna be weird, i think we might really stuff them tbh but if pompy win, good luck to them. Was looking to get revenge on Tottenham for what they did to us at Wembley in 2008 but i'll certainly take Pompy. If we're champions by then, i'm sure we'll express ourselves and put on a show. If we lose the battle for the premiership, we might be a bit flat and pressurised and could lose. I'll be hugely surprised if we lose it tho.

3-0 again, maybe same scorers too as the Semi.

Pompey Players like Finan, Kanu and the likes are ready to give up their Bonus clauses in contract and play for Pompey in Finals. Also, Aruna Dindane's lone move is being extended till the FA CP Finals so that Pompey wont have to pay Lyon 4m. Looks like this team will be at its full strength. Chelsea CANNOT be Over Confident. You' not know what hit us. If Pompey can take the match to Penalties, its anybody's Game.

Chelsea will know what to do to get the job done, I'm sure the boys won't let their guard down. Hopefully we get to wear the home kit instead of our dreadful away shirt.

Guys I cant help but be a little nervous about this one. Pompey are going to be really up for this, as it is really there last stand as a top flight club (I know they are already relegated). Yes on paper we should really trounce them, and I think we will beat them but I dont think it is going to be an eas walk over as some may think.

Pompey are going to have a great support at Wembley and are going to have 90% of other football fans behind them too, we just need to make sure our support matches pompeys on the day as it will (excuse the cliche) be like a 12th man. I have great admiration for the way the Pompey players played in the semi against the spuds, and maybe we should have taken note from that game for our game on the weekend.

Anyway lets hope after the final we are celebrating a Chelsea double.

Benji

Yeh agree about the whole country do.This is gana be one tough final! But hopfully yeh we wont underestimate them,know what this means to them and not let Grant get a bit of 'hehehe' sorta thing

And hopfully the pitch be sorted!!!!

Shame though no doubt only 25,000 fans for each club be there!!

there will be more than 25,000 Chelsea fans there, Chelsea had 32,900 in the semi's

Trust in your team... Why people think that its going to be a difficult game annoys me a little.

Yea ok its far from over, but lets be honest were not at full 'power' with Essien and Ivonic and Cole all out... just think how well we have done with out them... and then they turn up on May!!!

Our encounters with Pompey have always pulled good result and that is just because we have the firepower to out gun them. In the words of our Saviour John Terry... "'We have seen the last four or five weeks the team working hard from each other and that is the key. The quality has always been there and always will be in the top four or five teams in the Premier League but if we can work hard, win our tackles and do the basics very well then we should be okay. If we can win our games there is nothing anybody else can do."

Them words alone get me rarin!! blue%20scalf.gif

Its the FA Cup. Anyone can beat anyone on their day. Thats why the FA Cup is the FA Cup. I bet all the Spurs fans thought their semi was going to be a walkover and they got done. Never take anything for granted in the FA Cup.

Really hope that we don't get complacent as Pompey have shown against Spurs what they can do. They pretty much kept the pressure on Spurs throughout the whole game. We really have to be prepared that they will pile on the pressure.

Edited by Blueray

Regardless of winning the league or not, i can't see THAT Portsmouth team beating us at Wembley. Just not gonna happen. I don't wanna seem too over confident because it's Chelsea, we do everything the hard way but i cannot for the life of me see us losing this match.