Man Utd vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Man United 2-5 Chelsea

:blue scalf:

I'm not stupid... it's a hunch :tiphat:

Sure, if Man Utd's first team back four and keepers suddenly got a virus right before the game.

*finger crossed*

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should be more prepared than Man utd since they have a CL match to play this week. My preferred line up.

Cech

Paulo Alex Terry Yuri

Deco Mikel Lampard

Anelka Drogba Malouda

Edited by Tech9C

Hopfully the team that played today will turn up rather then the one that played against Blackburn/City etc. Think the ref be back to normal on this one cant see us many decisons..espically after today 2 penatlies didnt know we were allowed that!

I hope the two penalties given to us doesn't mean that we've used up our quota of decisions given to us.

Seeing as its at OT unlikely we'll get any anyway even if we hadnt had two pens today..which still hasnt sunk in!

God hope we dont score an OG...Another one today takes the piss a bit!

Edited by Laylabelle

I will be there, that's if I get to the coach which departs SB at 6am, ouch lol. I'm glad i'm on the caoch as it looks more and more likely that there is going to be a train strike that day.

I think the strike is planned from the 6th so trains will be ok at the weekend. I hope so anyway I'm on the 06.51 from Euston god help me.

I think the strike is planned from the 6th so trains will be ok at the weekend. I hope so anyway I'm on the 06.51 from Euston god help me.

Eeek good luck!!! Yeh Monday-Friday its meant to be.In theory anyway

If this game was at the Bridge on the other hand then it'll be chaos with no doubt half the Underground shut as they always seem to do on match days espically if its London Derby they like to shut the easiest route there

My line up would be similar to that of Tech9c's , play a 4-2-3-1 , much like what we played today with Deco playing a deep lying creative midfielder and Mikel alongside him giving Lampard the freedom to roam forward. However the only change I would make to Tech's team is Joe Cole to start in place of Anelka who I dont think ever performances well on the wing.

To be very honest, i woud like to see Chelsea play with the exact same line-up against Man Utd. Why ?

With Drogba up front the team tends to play at a lower tempo and play the long ball way too much. They just rely on him too much especially in big games. That causes us to create too little chances.

While with Anelka up front we play at higher tempo and more technical football with good link up play. As Anelka tends to roam more, you see a lot more position switching. Thats very confusing for the defences of the opposition and pulls defenders away from their position on the field.

But the reason could also be that we never (this season) played with two real wingers with Drogba up front. Except in midweek when Joey came on in the second half. And we also ended up winning big, but the overall play wasnt as impressive as against Villa.

That also just proves that what i have been saying for weeks is true (I wasnt the only one), we really need Joey. Our only real right winger and he was fantastic against Villa.

So start Didier or Anelka in the striker role but dont play Anelka at right wing. Just praying Ancelotti sees it too.

Im going to watch this in the cinema with a dozen of United fans. If we lose, im screwed.

me to, but i'd still tell them to stick it

Edited by Tech9C