• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see us play this formation again: 4-2-3-1

--------------------Cech-------------------------

Ferreira----------Terry-----Alex-------------Zirkov

----------------Mikel--------------Lampard-----------

Joe Cole--------------Deco-------------------Malouda

----------------------------Drogba----------------------------

Subs: Kalou, Anelka, Sturridge, Matic, Bellti, Bruma, Turnball.

Hoping for the best. We really need to win to really be back in the race for the title. Even though we crushed Portsmouth, it wasnt a that good of an performance. That first half was horrible for title contenders standards.

Against we need to play well and focused from the start. Luckily Villa drew last night so hopefully it will have an affect on their performance on Saturday.

I liked the fact that we finally played a real 4-3-3 formation (well when Joey was in the game). But that choice to use Danny as a right winger wasnt a good one. Joey did a great job when he came in and he should be the one starting at right wing. You could see that we were playing much better with a real left and right winger. Real contribution from both sides. But Ancelotti's words yesterday did worry me a bit. He said that it was more rotation than a tactical change. Praying that Joey starts :halo:.

I saw that some people weren't so happy with Deco's performance. But give the guy a break, he just came back from a injury :). I didnt think he did that bad. I must say that was a fantastic pass he gave to Joey for that last goal. He gave the ball with just the right accuracy and speed. We dont have anybody else for that free role and i think that he is the one to break Villa's tough defence.

So i would go with the following formation.

---------------------Cech-----------------------

Fereirra-----Alex---------Terry--------Zhirkov

---------------Mikel--------Lampard----------

-----------------------Deco----------------------

Joe Cole------------Drogba----------Malouda

Subs: Turnbull, Bruma, Van Aanholt, Belletti, Matic, Kalou, Anelka

If all goes well, i would love to see Kakuta, Matic and Van Aanholt again.

Edited by Blue_Soldier

We are usually stable at home, apart from the match against Inter and Man City, so I don't think we should lost the believe that we can win every remaining games at home, including this one. Start Joe Cole instead of Sturridge and keep Deco in the line-up because i think he did well the last match. But if Carlo really thinks Anelka had to start, we will have to change to whole thing n make sure he plays right up front together with Drogba. Villa is one of the most hardworking team in the league so to win we need to work at least as hard as them, if not harder.

ANCELOTTI: TIME FOR ANELKA, TIME FOR Chelsea

Posted on: Sat 27 Mar 2010 Carlo Ancelotti expects Nicolas Anelka to return to his starting line-up this afternoon, and is hoping the Frenchman has benefited from his midweek rest.

Anelka was an unused substitute in Wednesday's 5-0 win at Portsmouth, and has gone 10 games without a goal having previously scored six in six. Ancelotti is at a loss to explain the goal drought, but indicated that the 31-year-old has contributed in other ways.

'He didn't score but did a lot of assists,' the manager said. 'I don't know what happened really. He changed a little bit the position and maybe he had some difficulty in a new position.'

Indeed Anelka has dropped a little deeper and wider in a more supportive role to Didier Drogba, usually alongside Florent Malouda, a potent threesome but one which appears not to have gotten the best of the former Arsenal and Real Madrid man.

'I never asked him to have a right position on the pitch, he likes to move and I want him to move because he can improvise,' Ancelotti continued. 'It is important for a player to have discipline when we defend, but when we attack I can give ideas but you have to use your instinct and your quality, you have to move with your team-mates. Defensively it's different, I ask to work hard to chase the ball and take the right position.'

Anelka returns to the side for a crucial match against Aston Villa, one we must win to maintain our title challenge ahead of next week's trip to Manchester United.

Ancelotti believes Chelsea's time has come.

'It is a lot of time when we didn't win a title and we need to win,' he said. 'We have been a lot of time at the top of the list and we want to come back to stay there and win this title. I think it is time for Chelsea to win.

'After the game against Portsmouth there was a different atmosphere, more excited, more confident, and I hope [against Villa] we will do a fantastic game, play well and look forward with optimism about the next game against Manchester.'

Looks like my prayers haven't been answered, Anelka is likely to start at the right wing again :rant:. Why can't Ancelotti see and accept that he just doesnt bring what we need from that position. You play Anelka as a deep striker or behind the striker in a free role. A more central role. Joe Cole is the only real right winger we have and he did a good job coming on against Portsmouth. He keeps praising him but he doesnt have faith in Joey %28N%29.gif.

Massive massive massive game today.

Villa are one of those sides we always find it tough against. I'm by no means expecting us to rip them a new one, but it would be nice as Martin O'Squeal does my tits in.

I dont care if we play the shittest we have played all season.....3 points is the target today and every other day from now till the end of the season.

Go out and do this lads. :woo: :woo:

MASSIVE GAME FOR US....ONE OF THE 9 FINALS WE R GONNA PLAY TILL THE END OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!!

villa are not in th best of form oflate and i think we have enough firepower to take advantage of th blip villa is currently in!!!!

recently heard was heskey agbonlahor and milner whos the engine of villa is injured with an achilies.....so i think we have good chance to go for the kill.....carew is in good form and our result will depend a lot upon how tank and JT handle carew......

I think the most important job today is for fereira and yuri to block th incomin atack frmo the flanks,,,downing and young......even though both are a bit predictable i still hope yuri and fereira remain error free!!!!!!!!

KTBFFH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anelka looked knackered against Blackburn, especially in the second half, the rest might hopefully have done him good. He's scored two of our last four goals against the Villa as well, and has a decent scoring record against them with Bolton, too, if I recall correctly.

Fuck sake Anelka's playing >_>

was hoping for some Jesus Cole juice to brighten up my day.

But I'll save the criticism til after the game eh, never know what niccy can do

Jesus Cole Juice?? Sounds gross. :wacko:

DROGBAS ON ON THE BENCH AGHHHHH!!!!!

TEAM NEWS: Chelsea V ASTON VILLA

Didier Drogba starts on the bench so Nicolas Anelka will play centre-forward.

Joe Cole comes in for Daniel Sturridge on the right wing and Alex replaces injured Ricardo Carvalho in the one other change from the Portsmouth starting line-up.

Michael Ballack is fit again but only makes the bench.

Aston Villa's injury problems are not as great as Martin O'Neill was suggesting with Richard Dunne, James Milner and Gabriel Agbonlahor all fit to start.

Steve Sidwell will play against his former side so Milner will move to the wing with Stewart Downing making way.

Chelsea are expected to line up in the following 4-2-3-1 formation:

1 Petr Cech

19 Paulo Ferreira

33 Alex

26 John Terry ©

18 Yury Zhirkov

12 John Mikel Obi

8 Frank Lampard

10 Joe Cole

20 Deco

15 Florent Malouda

39 Nicolas Anelka

Substitutes: 22 Ross Turnbull, 43 Jeffrey Bruma, 52 Patrick van Aanholt, 13 Michael Ballack, 21 Salomon Kalou, 23 Daniel Sturridge, 11 Didier Drogba.

Aston Villa are expected to line up in the following 4-4-2 formation:

Friedel; L Young, Collins, Dunne, Warnock; Milner, Petrov ©, Sidwell, A Young; Carew, Agbonlahor.

Substitutes: Guzan, Cuellar, Davies, Salifou, Beye, Downing, Delfouneso.

The referee is Peter Walton.

Edited by millzy_chelsea_fan