Portsmouth vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another draw I reckon. We're awful at the minute, and Portsmouth are playing with confidence and spirit despite being certain to go down. I don't think we're good enough to go there and win. If we scrape a 1-0 win I'd be fucking chuffed, but I really can't see it happening.

Should be a walk in the park for us, but can see us just scraping through if we play like we did yesterday. Got to stop being complacent. OK we score first, but it's not the time to sit back and relax. Need to fight to the end. FFS they're in administration, they know that they're in the shit, so we just got to go in with guns blazing and get the job done.

recently i have learned not to anticipate too much out of the team .... you can't predict a win even against a Portsmouth i can even see some heads who think that portsmouth is gonna win !!!!!!!!<br><br>from now on i will just watch and hope for two things : 1- any kind of win will be good  2- please carlo let us see some changes <br>

recently i have learned not to anticipate too much out of the team .... you can't predict a win even against a Portsmouth i can even see some heads who think that portsmouth is gonna win !!!!!!!!

from now on i will just watch and hope for two things : 1- any kind of win will be good 2- please carlo let us see some changes

Edited by kakuta44

Premier League Football blog previewing the Chelsea game:

Carlo Ancelotti has demanded an immediate response from his Chelsea players when they travel to take on basement club Portsmouth at Fratton Park on Wednesday.

The west London club lost precious ground in the race for the Premier League title when they could only manage a 1-1 draw at Blackburn on Sunday to drop to third – just hours after Manchester United beat bitter rivals Liverpool to move two points clear of Arsenal in second place.

Chelsea will play their game in hand when they go up against former manager Avram Grant this week but now trail Sir Alex Ferguson's side by four points and still have to go to Old Trafford.

Ancelotti has admitted it will be difficult for the Blues to overhaul United but has insisted they will not throw the towel in.

"It's important to win on Wednesday," added Ancelotti.

He added: "We need to work together, stay compact and the next game against Portsmouth is very important, we can stay close to Manchester United.

"I don't know how many points we need to win the title but I know we have to win on Wednesday and then prepare game by game."

Another draw I reckon. We're awful at the minute, and Portsmouth are playing with confidence and spirit despite being certain to go down. I don't think we're good enough to go there and win. If we scrape a 1-0 win I'd be fucking chuffed, but I really can't see it happening.

+1

We will win this one big, 3 or 4 goals, i trust the players and they are going to show up with the right attitude... Portsmouth had become one of the toughest team to beat in premier league and we need to prove we are still title contenders by beating them, not just beating them, but beat them convincingly away from home, thats the Chelsea we know.

Need to try something different in this game now! Either play 4-3-3 with Kalou & J.Cole or play the 4-diamond-2.....

My team:

............................................Cech...........................................

Ferreira.................Alex.....................Terry..................Zhirkov

............................................Mikel..........................................

.......................Lampard......................Malouda......................

...J.Cole..............................Drogba...........................Kalou.....

Either than or have a real go at trying something different and play either Kakuta, Sturridge or Matic......

We will win this one big, 3 or 4 goals, i trust the players and they are going to show up with the right attitude... Portsmouth had become one of the toughest team to beat in premier league and we need to prove we are still title contenders by beating them, not just beating them, but beat them convincingly away from home, thats the Chelsea we know.

You mean like they show up with the right attitude against Blackburn after going out of the CL? :getyou:

I'd be a happy if they prove me wrong, though.