Blackburn vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Blackburn Rovers vs Chelsea

0,,12306~7513262,00.jpg

FA Premier League, Sunday 21st March 2010, Ewood Park, 1600 KO - live on Sky Sports

Chelsea travel north to Blackburn in a crucial Premier League match with implications at the top and bottom of the table.

Blackburn's 3-1 defeat at Tottenham last weekend, coupled with Chelsea's 4-1 demolition of West Ham, will make the Londoners favourites for this match. However, Blackburn have lost just twice at home all season and boast one of the best home records in the division - they even beat Chelsea on penalties after a stunning 3-3 draw in the Carling Cup.

Chelsea thrashed Rovers 5-0 in the return fixture, but can Carlo Ancelotti's men continue their march to the title?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need an emphatic win.They were lucky in the League Cup but we can't allow luck getting in our way this time.

It's about time we switch to top gear in the league.

And for gods sake let Sturridge start instead of Anelka.

Blackburn, Portsmouth, Villa, then Man United. Those first three games are gonna be awfully vital, having then a trip to Manchester. Time for a winning streak right now.

cant agree with you ..... thats too much changes ... i would love to see some new faces in and some out but thats too much ....

also anelka really needs some bench time i would love to see sturidge start with kakuta and matic coming from the bench ....

Edited by kakuta44

Preffered line-up:-

Turnbull

Ivanovic

Terry

Alex

Yuri

Lampard

Malouda

Kakuta

Joe Cole

Drogba

Sturridge

That is too many attacking players. We can not play with two strikers, three wingers and only one central midfield. Though I would like to use some young players who want to prove themselves.

Turnbull -- Ivanovic - Terry - Alex - Zhirkov -- Lampard - Matic - Mikel -- Sturridge - Drogba - Malouda

Going back to the diamond would be an option.

Cech won't be fit, will he?

Edited by Toft

As much as i would LOVE to see us use youngsters, with the importance of this game you can forget it!

Turnbull

Ivanovic

Alex

Terry

Zhirkov

Mikel

Ballack

Lampard

Malouda

Anelka

Drogba

Although what i would LIKE to see is:

Turnbull

Ivanovic

Alex

Terry

Ferreira

Mikel

Lampard

Matic

Kakuta

Zhirkov

Drogba

either that or play the diamond with Sturridge partnering Drogba and Zhirkov at left back.

Preffered line-up:-

Turnbull

Ivanovic

Terry

Alex

Yuri

Lampard

Malouda

Kakuta

Joe Cole

Drogba

Sturridge

The team is low on morale and needs to win, and you want to start that? You want to give Kakuta his first Premier League start on a must win game when the pressures on and the world is watching? Same with Sturridge, The team should be Turnbull, Ivanovic, Terry, Alex, Zhirkov - Lampard, Ballack, Mikel - Cole, Drogba, Malouda.

That midfield would get completly overrun by Blackburn, Who is going to sit back? Lampard? No way. Our defence is bad enough without not having someone to protect it. Sturridge has done well against Championship teams, Ewood Park will be too intimdating for our young players, We need experience for this one. Ballack does well against the lesser teams. Chelsea to win 1-0, A late Drogba goal.

A must win game so no time for playing youngsters. He should have used them more earlier in the season. I seriously dont know why every manager is such a coward when it comes to playing them. We have some real rough diamonds at the club.

I agree with Shane's line-up. Ancelotti needs to realise that Anelka sucks at right wing.

I just wanna see J. Cole play like 4, 5 games in a row and see what he does. He hasnt been given the chance to do that and thats not fair. Anelka has played that position since Drogba's return and hasnt played well at all.

It's Joey's turn now !

A must win game so no time for playing youngsters. He should have used them more earlier in the season. I seriously dont know why every manager is such a coward when it comes to playing them. We have some real rough diamonds at the club.

I agree with Shane's line-up. Ancelotti needs to realise that Anelka sucks at right wing.

I just wanna see J. Cole play like 4, 5 games in a row and see what he does. He hasnt been given the chance to do that and thats not fair. Anelka has played that position since Drogba's return and hasnt played well at all.

It's Joey's turn now

Oops double post..

Edited by Blue_Soldier

Well i think either let Joe Cole or Kakuta start this game. If we start joey and he plays like he did against West ham than let him stay on, if not and he plays like he did against inter get Gael on for him and let him show everyone that he has the ability to play in the premier league.