'Chelsea are inferior to Man-Utd' says Ruud Gullit

'My God, their game was awful!' Ruud Gullit lays into Chelsea for Champions League approach

1zwg9ol.jpg

Chelsea legend Ruud Gullit has criticised his former club following their defeat by Inter Milan in the first leg of the Champions League last 16, claiming they are boring to watch and inferior to Manchester United.

Gullit, who guided Chelsea to their first trophy for 26 years as player-manager when they won the FA Cup in 1997, is unimpressed by recent performances, in which they have lost three out of four games.

Gullit said: 'I really hope Chelsea win the Champions League this season as I want the club to do so well. But they must start to play better than what they did in Italy in the first game with Inter.

'My God, their game was awful! They bored me to death. If I compare that to Manchester United, then United have impressed me so much more.'

Gullit is unlikely to be impressed by their tactics today in the FA Cup quarter-final against Stoke, with assistant manager Ray Wilkins admitting they could copy Rory Delap's long throw.

Branislav Ivanovic replicated Delap's long throws in Chelsea's defensive practice last week and has proved so accurate and effective that Wilkins said: 'We've found a weapon of our own because Ivanovic can possibly throw it even further (than Delap).

'He's certainly as good as Rory and with a similar style. It's a great temptation to use it.'

http://www.dailymail...h.html?ITO=1490

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think/hope his point is that the Inter game was boring,a point which I agree with.

No matter how you see it a 5 goal game is more entertaining than our 3 goal game.

As for us being inferiors to the mancs as a team? :ballack: