Remembering Robben

Last night ESPN showed our Carling Cup final against Arsenal . arse scored first and drog equalised.

at half time a typical Jose substitution maka off Arjen on . It was Arjen at his very best ..his speed dribbling

his control. The final killer ..a great dribble and perfect cross for drog to head the winner..

What a pity he became injury prone for us .. What he could do for us now even as an impact player,coming on for the last 30 mins against tiring opponents.. Sighs ,,still it was good to see those golden moments again

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been close to absolutely brilliant for Bayern this season. Well, at least what little I've seen of him. Decent scoring record this year as well, his end product seems to have improved greatly but the Bundesliga is a little different to the Premier League. Savvy bit of business selling him for the amount we did; I think we made £14 million or so on him.

Great pace great dribble great player, that blackburn player finished his unbeatable dribble ability !. I would rather have malouda though at least we are going to have him for most games of most of the seasons he is here.<br>

Amazing player, his dribbling was world class, his pace was lightening quick, he scared defenders, sadly, it didnt work out during his final season with us, and its a shame we dont have a winger with them qualities now.

He was amazing when he was actually playing but he was always injured. The money we got for him was very good and we cant really complain. Would love to have him back atm but :P

We need someone similar to him now to play down the wing, someone who can skin players with ease and get a decent cross into the box.

Yes Robben was without doubt injury prone, but when you consider where we have gone since i would have taken an injury prone Robben any day. Because when he was fit he was pure class. Some of the things he did in his first season were just brilliant.

Yes Robben was without doubt injury prone, but when you consider where we have gone since i would have taken an injury prone Robben any day. Because when he was fit he was pure class. Some of the things he did in his first season were just brilliant.

Yes but we sold him and got malouda. Ok Malouda is no Robben quality wise but he is a very good player and he stay's fit for most of the season. If we kept Robben, Malouda would have limited game time leading him to leaving.

Edited by Badboy