Chelsea Vs Newcastle

BlueLion.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 points welcome but pretty shambolic performance, even with the absentees.

Israeli weakest links more than evident now -Ben Haim, and Grant. Both liabilities , but Grant is finding it harder to hide his cluelessness.

Kalou offside but ...great..about time we had a dodgy decision in our favour.

Thank god we won but we were running around like headless chickens for the second half . Avrams lost the plot it wasnt a handful booing his decision to take off joey it was half the ground same with the dont know what youre doing chant , the thing is we are right anyone could win the games he has with the talent at his disposal even with injurys, the bloke just is tatically inept where as you could trust mouriniho to turn it around like spurs at home last year in the cup or reading away this year, i can only trust grant to fuck things up.

Cant imagin Grant pulling off a win over Liverpool with just 10 men as we've done under Jose.

I duno not looking forward to the games against the big 3 at home,least we can still come back from being goals down.

And Hillaro wasnt so hillarious today :D

3 points welcome but pretty shambolic performance, even with the absentees.

Israeli weakest links more than evident now -Ben Haim, and Grant. Both liabilities , but Grant is finding it harder to hide his cluelessness.

Kalou offside but ...great..about time we had a dodgy decision in our favour.

Grant's general lack of tactical nous and lack of leadership qualities is starting to gradually be uncovered as we move into the thick of things.

When we were beating all the relegation and in crisis clubs those deficiencies were hidden but now you're starting to see his managerial qualities as time goes on - and it seems to amount to standing their looking lost and open mouthed hoping that something anything happens to resolve the situation without him having to make a decision.

He got lucky today, if we had drawn I sense the fans would quickly have turned on him, even with the good run of results since his takeover, he is still skating on thin ice, he has no reservoir of good will from the fans at all to tide him over. It only takes one or two poor results and the heat is on him immediately.

Thank god we won but we were running around like headless chickens for the second half . Avrams lost the plot it wasnt a handful booing his decision to take off joey it was half the ground same with the dont know what youre doing chant , the thing is we are right anyone could win the games he has with the talent at his disposal even with injurys, the bloke just is tatically inept where as you could trust mouriniho to turn it around like spurs at home last year in the cup or reading away this year, i can only trust grant to fuck things up.

That's what scares me, against low key opposition Grant is fine because the team can operate almost on automatic pilot so his lack of tactical knowledge and abitity to risk take is not a liability to us.

However, when we are facing tougher opposition he just looks ineffective, he reacts to events already happened rather than being proactive like Mourinho would do.

Under Mourinho you felt he would make instant decisions almost before the game turned to avoid certain scenarios or make a change instantly when something happened - take a risk to change the game.

Grant for all his talk about bold attacking footbal seems to be me very docile as a manager and ironically no where near the risk taker with his subs that Mourinho was.

Mourinho was not scared to change a game even if it meant it could go wrong, Grant looks lost most of the time when we are struggling.

Short term he has not been found out but long term I think he is a liability.

Good enough to beat Derby, Bolton, Wigan and Newcastle et al but not good enough to outwit the likes of Wenger, Moyes, O'Neill or Fergie and as for Liverpool they had their reserves out almost so jury still out for me.

Not a convincing performance yesterday,how we won,god only knows.

The media are today slamming Mike Riley for allowing Kalou's goal.Yes,it was offside but if the boot was on the other foot would they make such hooh hah over it?.And are Newcastle going to face punishment for their players barracking Mike Riley and the linesman for allowing Kalou's goal?.I seriously doubt it :rolleyes:

Hilario done ok,pulled off some good saves but another defensive error led to their goal and from there i really thought they were going to go on to win the game.

Grant is losing the plot very quickly,and to think Roman is about to trust Grant with his money as we enter the transfer window is very scary indeed.

Not a convincing performance yesterday,how we won,god only knows.

The media are today slamming Mike Riley for allowing Kalou's goal.Yes,it was offside but if the boot was on the other foot would they make such hooh hah over it?.And are Newcastle going to face punishment for their players barracking Mike Riley and the linesman for allowing Kalou's goal?.I seriously doubt it :rolleyes:

Hilario done ok,pulled off some good saves but another defensive error led to their goal and from there i really thought they were going to go on to win the game.

Grant is losing the plot very quickly,and to think Roman is about to trust Grant with his money as we enter the transfer window is very scary indeed.

I think (hope) that RA will go to Clark and Ten Cate for advice on players rather than the Grinch, surely? please? :rolleyes: