Patrick van Aanholt

magic weeds

Offensively he is, yeah. He always has been.

But his problems is being suspect defensively, and I feel in the Eredivisie that aspect of his game isn't really being tested.

I would like to see him back at the club next season though. He looks a lot more confident in his play these days.

Alaba isn't the best defender either and neither are players like Baines, Marcelo etc

I agree with the premise of your post but we can never gauge his play until he gets a proper chance here.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Cole set to leave and rumors about Bertrand leaving, What do you think about Shaw and PVA for the LB position ?

Give the homegrown talent a chance before splashing £20m on the next best thing yet again. Having someone as talented and energetic as PVA bombing down the left flank would also elevate Hazard's play and help relieve pressure off him.

I hope his superb play this season gets him into the Dutch first team because that's the only way he's going to catch anyone on the coaching staff's eye.

When he played for us, i was never convinced, his defending looked like coming from the school of Bosingwa, and Leicester fans couldn't wait to get rid of him and said Kyle Naughton (who they had at the same time) was a class above him.

However if he has improved at Vittesse, then i would rather we gave him the squad slot (if Bertrand leaves) instead of spending £7m on some average joe around Europe.

It'd be great if we recalled PVA in January and gave him a chance to see what he can do. Otherwise we're just going to buy another LB in the summer without ever having given him a chance.

We already have Bertrand here and we're not giving even him a chance. Patrick is having a wonderful season with Vitesse. Why ruin it for him?

We already have Bertrand here and we're not giving even him a chance. Patrick is having a wonderful season with Vitesse. Why ruin it for him?

Bertrand has been injured most of the season expect to see him soon tho,I think Cole will leave at end of season and Bertrand will be no1 Lb and if Pva is deemed good enough to be no2 lb or he will be sold

Bertrand has been injured most of the season expect to see him soon tho,I think Cole will leave at end of season and Bertrand will be no1 Lb and if Pva is deemed good enough to be no2 lb or he will be sold

He's been injured for only three weeks and we only found out about it last week. I think Ryan is as good as gone, unfortunately.

It'd be great if we recalled PVA in January and gave him a chance to see what he can do. Otherwise we're just going to buy another LB in the summer without ever having given him a chance.

Since we are out the capital cup i dont see in what competion we could give him a chance, the other competion's are to important.

He's been injured for only three weeks and we only found out about it last week. I think Ryan is as good as gone, unfortunately.

He has niggly injuries most of the season he was back in training and on bench when he got injured again over 4 weeks ago,hope when he comes back he can show he can be no1 cfc lb or you might be right

Mourinho clearly doesn't rate Bertrand and his injury has been a rather convenient excuse. We didn't even hear he was injured until like a month after it happened, and by that time Azpi was already first choice LB.

Patrick is having a wonderful season but then he's already had quite a few with them already. We know he's good at that level, why not give him a go?

It's clear we're going to strengthen the LB position in the summer so why not give one of our own a chance for the next 5 months before we go spending big money? Perhaps if we did the same with Sturridge we could have saved ourselves 50m.

Since we are out the capital cup i dont see in what competion we could give him a chance, the other competion's are to important.

PVA is 23 with seasons of pro football under his belt. He isn't some 16 year old being eased into adult football for the very first time.

Mourinho clearly doesn't rate Bertrand and his injury has been a rather convenient excuse. We didn't even hear he was injured until like a month after it happened, and by that time Azpi was already first choice LB.

Patrick is having a wonderful season but then he's already had quite a few with them already. We know he's good at that level, why not give him a go?

It's clear we're going to strengthen the LB position in the summer so why not give one of our own a chance for the next 5 months before we go spending big money? Perhaps if we did the same with Sturridge we could have saved ourselves 50m.

I just feel that bringing him back to sit him in the stands for a season or a season or a half is just unfair to the boy. We've stalled his career enough, imo.