Patrick van Aanholt

magic weeds

Not entirely true - Martins Indi is more of a CB (but can play LB) and the other LB in the team is Daley Blind (who also operates in midfield). He'll make it though because he is the only pure attacking LB in the team.

I just checked, Martins Indi played 26 games this season, 14 as a LB, 12 as a CB. More important, he usually plays as a CB in the national team.

Blind played 29 games, 11 as a LB, 17 as a DM, 1 as a CB. I think he is likely to play in the midfield as Strootman is injured.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked, Martins Indi played 26 games this season, 14 as a LB, 12 as a CB. More important, he usually plays as a CB in the national team.

Blind played 29 games, 11 as a LB, 17 as a DM, 1 as a CB. I think he is likely to play in the midfield as Strootman is injured.

Martins Indi can play LB, but over his career he's played mostly at CB, and most importantly he does so for the NT most of the time. I think he'll probably start next to Vlaar.

Blind has only played 45 mins or so in midfield for Holland I think, and although his evolution as a player has taken him to the DM position, sort of like Lahm, I'm not sure LVG will play him as the DM yet because he's mostly played at LB for the national team so far, but that was before Strootman's injury. I wouldn't be surprised if that will switch things up though - it's between him and Nigel De Jong for that DM (who plays like Busquets and acts like that 3rd CB) spot next to Clasie. Not really sure what LVG is thinking on that regard but we'll see more of his thinking in the next upcoming friendlies.

Anyway, as we we're both basically saying - he won't get dropped, because he's the only true attacking LB in the team.

Only 1 year left on contract i think ,if Cfc thought he had a future with us i wonder why they havnt offered him a new contract? The money talked about shaw(25mill approx)is silly for a lb,Bertrand/Cole/Pva

I would love it if Chelsea gave him a preseason under Jose and decided his fate in January, he is quite good and approaching his best years. This footage vs PSV is a good example of what he can do.

Lets prove the loan system does have some merit and give this guy a chance to prove his worth, it definitely beats shelling out 30m for Shaw.

I would love it if Chelsea gave him a preseason under Jose and decided his fate in January, he is quite good and approaching his best years. This footage vs PSV is a good example of what he can do.

Lets prove the loan system does have some merit and give this guy a chance to prove his worth, it definitely beats shelling out 30m for Shaw.

I have not watched a lot of him this season, but from what I've heard he is pretty good when attacking, but a mess defensively. And we all what Mourinho will prefer from a player, especially a defender...

I have not watched a lot of him this season, but from what I've heard he is pretty good when attacking, but a mess defensively. And we all what Mourinho will prefer from a player, especially a defender...

Lets see what Jose can do for him.

He's still quite young.

If he gets promoted as second choice, Cole will probably leave...cant see Cole being first choice (due to age).

Unless Mou wants Cole or even Azpi as first choice LB and bring Moreno/Rodriguez/Shaw/...only as backup? Which makes no sense...Azpi is Rb and Moreno or whoever we buy should be starter on LB...

With him, Kalas, Luiz and Azpi we will have the fastest defense in the world.

True, there are players with better tackling and defensive positioning, but one has to admit he does work his socks off. We shall not play him in the same team as Lamps or Mikel, cos all three have a very pedestrian defending style.

Apart from his pace, his early crosses and throughs also look damn good.

Looks great for 2nd choice.

No idea whose gonna be our 1st choice LB.

For sure Betrand will leave. Its hard for me to imagine Betrand to stay as our LB. will be amazing if mourinho gave him a chance

I really hope the likes of Van Aanholt, Bruma, Stoch and the other youngsters get a chance next season. I think it is great that we are seeing these young lads coming through and pushing our established first team players for there starting places, I think the young blood coming through along with 1 or 2 signings in the summer will help us improve next season.

thought this was worth bumping

Im still recovering from the scars of Bosingwa, last thing i want is the LB version. Being a little suspect at defending is one thing, being a full blown liability is another.

PVA would be ideal for a stubborn purist who thinks defending isn't a part of the game (cough*Rodgers*cough) but thankfully our manager ain't one of them.

He looks realy strong and.has good pace...he would definitely improved hazard too on the.left flank... It's about time to give someone from academy chance..

he is classed as Homegrown that is supposed to we worth an extra 10million or so

I like him, a lot... Really think he can help us next season. Jose is not just a manager but a trainer, he can help Patrick improve defensively. As is his tools going forward are off the charts and he can be considered a loan success story.

I say give him at least half a season under Jose to show what he can do before we make a decision on him.