Patrick van Aanholt

magic weeds

I just feel that bringing him back to sit him in the stands for a season or a season or a half is just unfair to the boy. We've stalled his career enough, imo.

True. I was just thinking out loud to be honest, I doubt he'll ever get a chance here. I just read today Chelsea were looking to sell him last summer and Vitesse talked them out of it!

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mourinho clearly doesn't rate Bertrand and his injury has been a rather convenient excuse. We didn't even hear he was injured until like a month after it happened, and by that time Azpi was already first choice LB.

Patrick is having a wonderful season but then he's already had quite a few with them already. We know he's good at that level, why not give him a go?

It's clear we're going to strengthen the LB position in the summer so why not give one of our own a chance for the next 5 months before we go spending big money? Perhaps if we did the same with Sturridge we could have saved ourselves 50m.

PVA is 23 with seasons of pro football under his belt. He isn't some 16 year old being eased into adult football for the very first time.

Im not saying that, but i do wonder if he's proven enough to be part of the team in the most important part of the season thats coming up at this level?

True. I was just thinking out loud to be honest, I doubt he'll ever get a chance here. I just read today Chelsea were looking to sell him last summer and Vitesse talked them out of it!

Yeah, I remember that. I think we'll probably end up selling him to Vitesse which honestly won't be bad at all for the kid. They're becoming one of the best teams in Netherlands and with a great chance of winning the tittle this season. His performances even earned him a cap with the NT last month.

• 3 weeks later...

How much has he improved defensively though. We all know he's the best left back we have offensively. And it isn't even a contest.

It's his improvement on the defensive end that will catch Mourinho's eye. Bertrand is miles better defensively IMO and couldn't get a look in.

If PVA played in the EPL this season imo he would arguably be the best left back in the league. No question, he has been tremendous attacking wise and very solid defensively.

Too bad that his future is at another club, someone is getting a good LB.

If PVA played in the EPL this season imo he would arguably be the best left back in the league. No question, he has been tremendous attacking wise and very solid defensively.

Too bad that his future is at another club, someone is getting a good LB.

Based on what? A few good performances in a very weak league? Fucksake.

• 2 weeks later...

Scored an OG yesterday. Vitesse are really struggling at the moment with just two points in their last 3 league games (think they also got eliminated from the cup IIRC). For some reason, their manager is convinced that Piazon and Traore are mutually exclusive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYtfs6NASmA

• 1 month later...

This says it all, really...

EDIT: Here's the full quote:

'He’s not ready. You cannot make the mistakes for Chelsea that he is making with us. It is not possible.
'He is progressing and he is not an old player, he is 23. He is fast and has fantastic technique. Going forward he is one of the best but in defence he has to learn a lot if he wants to play for Chelsea. He must be reliable.'

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea are ready to promote Dutch youngster Patrick Van Aanholt, currently at Vitesse Arnhem, to second-choice left-back. #CFC (Mirror)

Patrick Van Aanholt, impressing at Vitesse Arnhem, will be offered a new deal and a chance to enter the first-team squad. #CFC (Mirror)

Chelsea have also considered cheaper left-back options, including Sevilla's Alberto Moreno and Alex Sandro of Porto. #CFC (Mirror)