Chelsea vs Birmingham

BlueLion.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time Birmingham lost? Because the way they have played it's going to be a difficult match to try and get all 3 points.

They lost twice in October both away games to Burnley and then to The Arse, then they have pretty much won or drawn all of their fixtures. Yes agree it will be difficult judging by this and think we will get a draw perhaps.

To be honest, I think this can go one of two ways. The first is we get the rub of the green, fuck them over and win 4-0. The second is they steal a goal and we have a very hard match ahead of us. Whoever gets the first goal is absolutely vital.

Birmingham have an impressive unbeaten run, but it got to end sometime. We were lucky not losing against them on Boxing day, but I thought we played really well. We had more than enough chances to win the game. Also, we're in better shape than we were back then, and we're playing at Stamford Bridge and not St. Andrews. We're aware of the threat they are, so we won't underestimate them. I think we will win 2-0.

I would like to something similar to the line-up against Sunderland, only Alex in for Riccy. Any updates on Belletti and Lampards injuries?

I'm so affraid this match. We need this 3 points like never before, and opponent is very rough, they shown it in last matches, can make bad suprise...But for now, we are again on wining spree, our playing comfort is back...stay optimistic!

I'm so affraid this match. We need this 3 points like never before, and opponent is very rough, they shown it in last matches, can make bad suprise...But for now, we are again on wining spree, our playing comfort is back...stay optimistic!

Well that is the problem right there that we get too comfortable too soon when there is nothing to get comfy about. :readthemessage: But like you I am optimistic.

To be honest, I think this can go one of two ways. The first is we get the rub of the green, fuck them over and win 4-0. The second is they steal a goal and we have a very hard match ahead of us. Whoever gets the first goal is absolutely vital.

Definitely agree. I'm a little worried that they'll steal the first goal due to the confidence they've been riding, but I think we're gonna play with some urgency now that we're not top anymore. Hopefully we can regain our form when we started in August and September with a big break in league matches.

Once again, Carlo has announced the starting line-up many hours before the game.

The manager's provisional line-up for Wednesday night reads:

Cech, Ivanovic, Carvalho, Terry, A Cole, Ballack, Deco, Lampard, Joe Cole, Malouda and Anelka.

I'm happy with the line-up except from Alex's absence. And I wonder who will be the defensive midfield? Deco had a great game in that role against Preston, but don't have the speed or muscles to prevent counter-attacks from Birmingham. Ballack is not fast either but he is strong enough. He featured as a defensive midfield under Hiddink with great success, and might be the best option.

Oh, and: This is the second time in a row Ancelotti announces the team on the pre-match press-conferance. Is this a new trend from Carlo's side? And does this have any effect on how Birmingham will prepare tacticly for the game?

Edited by Toft