test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim

Chelsea Vs Aston Villa

Started by Jim,

315 posts in this topic
Yeah but does that mean we dont need drogba ?

I think you've misinterpreted what he meant. What he meant was what BlueLion said, it's starting to look like we don't need to rely on Drogba when he's not around. Of course he's still the best option, but now we have Shevchenko putting in a world class performance like yesterday's and we may well have another world class striker on our hands like we had originally hoped.

I still think we rely on drogba to much, sheva had one good game he will be shite next time.

Yes we do rely on Drogba too much, which is why we should be more positive about Sheva because we need to him to reproduce that performance for us again.

As said on the Blues dvd,we cant defend poorly and as we've had to in the past,rely on Drogs to come up with a goal to get us our of trouble.

But yeh we're finding the back of the net without Drogs and hopfully can continue to,shame it seems we cant defend without JT

I still think we rely on drogba to much, sheva had one good game he will be shite next time.

Personally....if we go 4-4-2 and play Pizarro alonside Sheva instead of Sheva being on the left or right of a 3 man attack or up front on his own with wingers supporting him we will continue to see more of what Sheva produced yesterday.All of our goals came from playing through Villa and not from out wide.....Surely that should be some indication to Grunt that we need to play 4-4-2 while Drogba is missing to get the best out of Sheva and not push the ball wide as often as we do.

The Gap between Manchester United and Chelsea is not so big.. i mean, if we defeat them, when they come to the bridge.. It`ll be say 4 points ? They have a match against Liverpool and one against Arsenal.. I mean they are not getting 6 points out of that.. they`ll get 4, i think.. Win against Arsenal and draw against Liverpool.. The Gap moves to 2 Points.. We just need them to slip up.. !

we are playing Man you on 26th April..................a bit too late to wait for a result dont you think

yea agreed season is way to far in for us to be praying that we beat them we need them to slip up now, and with the form that they are in i highly doubt it..

Shut your mouth and stop talking shit !

Hush puppy. Quit being a sore looser and look on the positive side. We're all on the same team here. I didn't mean to imply that we don't need Drogba, but what I was saying is that Chelsea as a team rely on him to much.

Just saw Grant's post-match interview and I noticed he said "I'm disappointing" ... Damn right bitch !

Okies,after watching the highlights of this game,here's my take on things.

4-4 is only deemed 'entertaining' if you're a neutral or the hyperactive anorak kind of Chelsea fan.

In a nutshell we defended very badly,had no organisation and if it was'nt for the referee giving us a penalty that many refs would not of given,we would of faced our first league defeat at home in nearly four years.

Special praise has to go to Shevchenko,without a doubt Chelsea's MOM,but judging by the other players performances i doubt he'd be racing with open arms to claim my award ;) and it remains to be seen whether Sheva can continue this form in Drogba's absence.

Our defensive frailties are there for all to see,something i warned about on Monday(re:Blackburn (A)

In just four Months Avram has managed to undo two feats that Jose maintained in three years

1:losing to Arsenal

2:conceeding FOUR goals at home

I'll bet anyone on this forum my Months wages against their's that our unbeaten home record will end soon.With a defence in tatters,a class goalkeeper that is rapidly losing confidence and a clueless manager it's bound to.

To think that we might have this buphoon(Grant) for the next four years really makes me cringe.

Ballack should start over Lampard

Lamps is shit,always wastes our set pieces and is just plain lazy..the only thing that is good about him is he manages to find some good luck and get a deflected goal at times.

Err, he only has 7 deflected goals. :blink:

I don't mean to be a party pooper or the face of misery but i'm just stating facts.The worse is yet to come.Let's see how Grant copes with the bare bones of our squad.Let's see his managerial skills now that he's playing players through no choice.Let's see how he implements a defence tomorrow that has probably not played together yet.

With the barcodes visiting SB tomorrow,we have blind man walking v dead man walking

Im surprised we still have our home record tbh,thought we were gana loose it against Fullham.

Wont mind so much as long as isnt against the big 3 considering how well we did against them under Jose.

Saying that be bloody pissed off about it.

If Steve Clarke leaves I think we're truley bugered

And yeh litrall are at the backbone,16 regular players possibly avilable unless some come back from injury magically.Thats crap!

Ballack should start over Lampard

Lamps is shit,always wastes our set pieces and is just plain lazy..the only thing that is good about him is he manages to find some good luck and get a deflected goal at times.

are you for real? how many Chelsea game have you watched? which part of lampard is lazy? are you judging him base on england performance? Ballack performance is good but it is early to make any statement, he faced 10 men villa players most of the game.

fact: until Oct 18, 2006, lampard had scored 73 goals for Chelsea and only 6 of them are deflected!! do you own calculation mate!!

read this article if you dont believe me.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/theknowledge/story/0,,1924393,00.html

://http://football.guardian.co.uk/thek...tml