Chelsea Vs Aston Villa

James

Chelsea Vs Aston Villa

Chelsea's third-choice goalkeeper Hilario could start, with Petr Cech and Carlo Cudicini both out injured. Cech is suffering from bruising picked up in Sunday's win at Blackburn while Cudicini is out with a rib injury.

Aston Villa midfielder Stiliyan Petrov could be in line for a recall after making his comeback from injury as a substitute against Manchester City.

Petrov's former Celtic team-mate Shaun Maloney would be the player most likely to make way.

Match Chat Here

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how on earth can anyone really blame him? he's not a top class goalkeeper, but he's a good third choice to have.. remember some amazing saves that he made when he was thrown into our team against Barca and for quite a few games after that when both Cech and Cudicini were injured.. not to mention the excellent save on Sunday which kept us in the game

how on earth can anyone really blame him? he's not a top class goalkeeper, but he's a good third choice to have.. remember some amazing saves that he made when he was thrown into our team against Barca and for quite a few games after that when both Cech and Cudicini were injured.. not to mention the excellent save on Sunday which kept us in the game

true true... :unsure:

well said thumbsup.gif

Being honest, Hilario is not the best goalkeeper in the world, but he certainly is not the worst, and considering he is our third-choice-goalkeeper whose only footballing action since January was under 30 minutes against Blackburn, he is bound to be a little rusty.

But hopefully Alex and Ricardo can defend as well as they did on Saturday.

i have a awful feeling about this game, i think our unbeaten home record is under threat. I hope my instincts are wrong but theres just something about this game that doesnt feel right for me.