Preston vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Squad wise i can see us playing something like this.

----------------Cech/Hilario------------------

------------------------------------------------

Ivan--------Alex-------Ricy/Terry-------Yuri

---Ballack-----Belletti/Matic-------Lamps---

Sturridge--Anelka/Borini--Kakuta/Malouda

I Guess it depends what type of squad carlo decides to put out and if he decides to play the youngsters or not.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good game, i would expect Carlo to field a strong team to get the win in the bag, probably Sturridge to start which would be fair. Although i would of course like to see Matic, Borini and Kakuta get a game too. Matic in particular has done very well and follwoing a decent influential reserves outing could well have earned a possible start.

Should be a good one and am really looking forward to the Chels slaughtering them. I think Carlo may rest some of the first team squad as we have Brum coming up on Wednesday, so maybe it will be a chance for him to bring on the youngsters.

Carlo has already announced the team:

..................................Hilario.........................................

Ferreira...........Alex................Terry....................Zhirkov

..................................Belletti........................................

.............Ballack..........................Lampard......................

...................................Deco..........................................

.....................Anelka............Sturridge...........................

Thats pretty much the team i'd of gone with, will be good for Sturridge to get abit of playing time with Anelka. I take it Kakuta and Borini are on the bench?

No confirmation on that yet, but i would assume so, maybe Van Aanholt on the bench too. Hopefully that midfield will work in this game, but it is a rather slow midfield i feel.

An ok line-up. There are a couple of things I would change if I where in Carlos seat, but not much.

- The ones who will start the game is suited for a diamond-shaped formation. We've played 4-3-2-1/4-3-3 the two last games, which has resulted in 12 goals. I would like us to maintain the same formation which has been a success. Let's hope Malouda and Cole is back in the line-up for Birmingham on Thuesday.

- Been impressed by Matic the few times I've seen him play for the first team and the reserves. He looks like a real prospect, and I think Preston is a good opportunity to give him som minutes of excperience. Would like to see him in the starting 11.

Without Drogba Id also rather see us continue with the 4-3-3. As always with a Chelsea side there will be experience in it , I expect it to look like this.

Cech

Ivanovic , Alex , Terry , Zhirkov

Ballack , Bellletti , Lampard

Sturridge , Anelka , Malouda

Though to be honest Id love to see Kakuta get a run out in the side.