Bos and Deco back in training

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bosingwa has been a massive loss in my opinion. I think you will see us cracking into another gear when he is back. If we could find another right back like him as back up we would be laughing, Ivanovic does a great job but just doesn't offer us the same going forward.

I think Bosingwa is a great, but Ivanovic has been fantastic at RB, and I just think Ivanovic should get first choice at RB, especially since Bosingwa is not match fit.

With Bosingwa we will be a much more attcking outfit and more goalswill be scored. But Iva has been outstanding defensively.

it's not that Ivanovic doesn't bring anything offensively to teh team BL,

Bosingwa's speed and crossing give him a slight edge.. And the teams looks balanced going up from both sides and we'll be stretching the teams further..

I'm sure though against a great Left winger Iva will be preferred, a la Dinho of 05..

Edited by bombayblue™

In fairness, I'd like to see Ivanovic back at centre-half, if Bosingwa comes in at right-back. I think he's been our best defender this season and certainly deserves a place on performances alone. I've always rated Carvalho but there's no doubt he's well beyond his best; he and Terry can be incredibly cynical defenders with some of their challenges. Personally I think we have better defenders at the club than Carvalho, ie. Alex and Ivanovic; Alex is still working his way back to full fitness and Branislav has been superb. So we have a difficult decision - stick with Carvalho, bring Ivanovic over to centre-half with Bosingwa at right-back, or play Alex. Either way, two world class defenders will lose out.

Ivanovic has been super at right back this season. Granted he doesnt have the blistering pace of Bosingwa but he isnt slow either. Also Ivanovic's delivery of crosses is much better than Bosingwa's. Anyway two very good options to have.

I gotta say though I really dont fancy Ivanovic at centre back , really doesnt impress when he plays there. I think Alex is the right man to play in that position. He is strong , fast , quick into the tackle with a good reading of the game and his height will help our set piece frailties.

Ivanovic has been absolutely class this season. It's got to be him or Alex playing alongside Terry when Bosingwa is back. I think Alex should play when we are playing Strong Tall teams like Stoke or Blackburn.

I think personally as well that we haven't missed Bosingwa, anything that he could do, Branislav has stepped up to plate and given as good as imo. Will be nice to see Jose back in a couple of weeks though :)