The England Thread

LDN Blue

Doubt it bothers him much how we do he's off after Euros..yesterday was the normal England,Bulgaria was a one off really..to give false hope that maybe if we play some random sides we might have a chance until we're brought back down to earth and all

The main thing is that he's topped up his art collection with another Chagall. The Capello Collection -one of the biggest in Northern Italy -he has paintings worth over £20m

• 4 weeks later...

John Terry, Ashley Cole & Frank Lampard named in England squad.

This time I did expect Sturridge to be named, but Carroll is still named.. Strange.

Capello has something against Sturridge he really does, last season Sturridge was brilliant for Bolton, but no call up, Welbeck was playing for Sunderland and got a call up, and Sturridge was scoring goal after goal. Even now after a good performance still over looked, don't get me wrong it is less chance of injury and going out of form but it's just weird how much he's over looked by capello.

We already know what will happen, the media will overhype our chances, and the team will not perform and then the axe begins to fall. It is the same vicious cycle :no:

When everyone said Wales should be an easy win, i said i bet it wont be, because when we have expectations like that something goes wrong, and it did, we were very lucky to get 3 points out of that game.

Andy Carrol in the squad...and Capello claims he looks at club performances before choosing his players.....

It's fucking stupid, Carroll has been awful, he was even bad in the Everton match, the only good thing he did was score, his link up with Suarez was poor, he gave the ball away tonnes of times, in that match he showed all he can do is finish, his other technical skills where awful. Amazing how he gets a nod over Sturridge, Capello doesn't have a clue. Also don't know how he can leave Abaonglahor out, he's been world class so far this season, scoring goals for fun and turning players inside out, amazing how he hasn't been called up, Capello has no logic.

Got to say i loved watching QPR getting battered yesterday, i don't rate them at-all i honestly think some-one will rip them a new one this season, maybe even double figures.

Having said that i hope that new owner spends and makes them a force will be good to have a serious West London derby every season.

Capello has had to drop Ferdinand as he'd been fobbed off that he had no skeletons in the cupboard and in no way had been porking someone behind his wifes back for 13 years, unlike that duplicitous rapscallion Mr Terry.

My view on Englands forward line for goalscoring glory would be Welbeck alongside Sturridge, with Shrek playing in the hole behind them....

CAPELLO OUT

I can't wait till he leaves, done a shite job, how can you overlook Sturridge after the start he's had. Capello maybe you need to start looking at players performances rather than reputation, you might actually get somewhere.

Toiling Terry more concerning than Rooney's red mist

By: Paul Parker

All the headlines after the England match were naturally focused upon Wayne Rooney's red card, but there are other issues that have to be addressed before the national team play in next summer's European Championship finals.

Namely, the performance of John Terry. As a fan, you have to ask yourself what he brings to the England team?

When you look at the first goal we conceded against Montenegro, Terry drops back because he is scared of pace.

That is the problem we have. When you look at the top sides around the world, they have players all over the park with pace. The top club sides like Barcelona all squeeze the game as much as possible.

England won't because they have got Terry there. He is so scared of real pace, he will always drop off and hope that he can make a last-ditch tackle.

Guys like Gareth Barry shouldn't even by playing for Manchester City. Frank Lampard and Terry should be thanked for playing for their country and for helping us to qualify, but need to be left to get on with their club football at Chelsea.

What really does John Terry bring to international football? You don't need a central defender who can win balls in the air. You need more guile than physical stuff and you need pace. John Terry hasn't got pace.

It is happening too many times now. We should follow Germany's lead at last summer's World Cup by putting out a young side with passion, enthusiasm and the kids should be encouraged to go out and enjoy themselves, even if we fail in the group stages. The country could handle losing with kids if we are building towards the World Cup finals.

We should not be going to that tournament with guys like John Terry, Gareth Barry and Frank Lampard in the team, but then Fabio Capello is not likely to see it that way.

You have a manager there who is working his ticket, probably doesn't really care deep down and is a hypocrite. Terry should never have been brought back as captain after losing the armband in the first place for his behaviour.

Gareth Barry should not be involved now after what happened at the World Cup finals. That still disappoints me. Capello really needs to think about the way his side plays.

I am not defending Rooney, but it doesn't help the situation when you have a manager that decides to take off a forward in Bent, and brings on a slightly quicker version of Barry in Lampard and continues to play 4-5-1.

Rooney is not a kid anymore. He is a senior professional, and he can't really fall back on the issues affecting his father earlier this week. It was immature getting sent off with England leading, and he needs to improve.

Rooney has been quite good on the disciplinary side this season, and has been immaculate in the way he gone about things with Manchester United. Unfortunately, the true nature does come out now and again. Rooney is one of the most experienced players in the England shirt and he is going to miss one match of the finals - and maybe more - and that could be crucual to his country's hopes of progressing beyond the group stage.

You have to ask yourself what happens if England are 1-0 down in the group stage and are relying on Rooney to get them a victory to get them through a tough match. Can he be trusted to keep his cool if he is being tightly marked?

There is no doubt, Rooney's job was made even harder in Montenegro with Capello going negative because he was then left without Bent. In my opinion, he doesn't have the same issues at Manchester United, because he is surrounded by players who know how to work with him.

Rooney doesn't have the same level of understanding with England so he ends up showing his frustration. The only way he can show he is not enjoying it is to hit out, and that is what Rooney does. He spits the dummy, like it or not.

Capello has to ask himself why instead of going positive, he goes negative against a side like Montenegro when England were dominating?

England can't go negative. When they go ahead in a match for some reason, they sit back. They have always done it.

It showed again when they got themselves ahead against Montenegro. We're not good when we are in front, and we don't have enough pace at the back to be negative.

Defensively we are still not right. That concerns me as much as Rooney's temperament.