Javier Pastore joins PSG

the wes

Pastore 'staying' at Palermo

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini says in-demand playmaker Javier Pastore has decided to stay at the club next season.

Pastore is coveted by many of Europe's leading clubs, and reports recently claimed thatManchester Unitedspacer.gif were spearheading the chase for the Argentinaspacer.gif international.

Zamparini also revealed that he was considering a €50million (£43m) offer for Pastore from an unnamed club, which he has subsequently turned down.

Barcelona,spacer.gifChelseaspacer.gif and Manchester Cityspacer.gifare other teams to have been linked with bids for Pastore, but Zamparini does not expect to lose the player in the summer.

Intelligent

"Pastore wants to remain at Palermo,spacer.gif" Zamparini said to Gazzetta dello Sport. "He is a very intelligent man, who wants to improve.

"He has decided to remain with us for another year."

Pastore has also attracted the attentions of Serie A clubs Napoli and Roma,spacer.gif who are both keen to sign the 21-year-old, who joined Palermo in 2009 from Huracan.

"I have already turned down a 50million euro offer for Pastore," Zamparini said. "Even if Chelsea were to make an offer this year, he would not move.

"Barcelona already made an offer and I said to them that this year he would not leave."

Pastore is Palermo's top scorer with 10 league goals in 30 appearances so far this season and is under contract with the Serie A club until June 2014.

SkySports

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

After Sanchez and Van der Wiel i put him third on my list.

Chelsea is desperately in need of some creativity, and when i see this guy play, it reminds me a lot of David Silva. Their touch are somewhat a like.

I think if Carlo stay, Pastore looks like a guy into Carlo liking and style. But his price is something of concern....

• 1 month later...
Zamparini has now confirmed that he could cash in on Pastore, having previously valued the player at €60 million.

"Pastore is the only player who could leave," he told Radio Radio. "It all depends on the boy. He earns less than €1 million and if a big club offered him €4 million then it would be hard to keep him. Palermo can't afford that and we have to balance the books."

Zamparini has claimed AC Milan, Inter, Juventus, Manchester City, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona all want Pastore, and that one of the Italian clubs have already made a direct enquiry. Manchester United and Liverpool have also been linked with the player.

Zamparini is Palermo owner btw.

Zamparini is Palermo owner btw.

I love Zamparini. He's such a comic, I think he's put in a €100million buy-out clause in Pastore's contract and genuinely believed that was his worth :lol:

Key word - overrated

Key word - wrong.

I love Zamparini. He's such a comic, I think he's put in a €100million buy-out clause in Pastore's contract and genuinely believed that was his worth :lol:

He has done that but he knows that is not what he is worth, he did actually want to accept a 40mil bid that was made but they ended up refusing it simply because Pastore wouldn't want to leave at the time. He is a man who sells players when they want to be sold and hates people who are not loyale to the club, like Cavani. If they start crying he sells them and doesn't really care for them.

Zamparini however is one crazy man, he does stuff like firing Delio Rossi, telling the press he destroyed palermo and he will never want to see him again just to re-hire him a month later and hug with him and all kinds of stuff. laugh.gif Oh yeah and he also likes to talk about the "gypsy gene" in the italian press, saying that he isn't angry at Mutu for cheating as it's simple in his gypsy genes.

Palermo president Maurizio Dzamparini admitted that Argentinian attacking midfielder Javier Pastore will play next season in Barcelona. "Pastore will play in Barcelona next season," revealed Dzamparini to "Corriere dello Sport". Maurizio Dzamparini would not disclose whether the transaction has been finalized. Palermo boss just added that to the Cleric was great interest from Chelsea, Manchester City, AC Milan, Inter, Juventus and Real Madrid.

End of our dreams.:fainthv9:

Palermo president Maurizio Dzamparini admitted that Argentinian attacking midfielder Javier Pastore will play next season in Barcelona. "Pastore will play in Barcelona next season," revealed Dzamparini to "Corriere dello Sport". Maurizio Dzamparini would not disclose whether the transaction has been finalized. Palermo boss just added that to the Cleric was great interest from Chelsea, Manchester City, AC Milan, Inter, Juventus and Real Madrid.

End of our dreams.:fainthv9:

That is some old news from 2010 which I never seen any good source on, they even spelled Zamps name wrong.

Guest justin_3d

Dam i would love this guy with Neymar, and Lucas....what a team!!!