Miralem Pjanic

the wes

I can remember watching Pjanic 3 or 4 years ago almost single handedly knocking out Real Madrid from the Champions League with Lyon. He was and still is a real talent. For the right price (£15m or under IMO) he could be a very good buy.

I do agree with the general consensus - we have bigger needs at this point in time. It is much more important at this moment to buy a genuine world class central midfielder for the pivot, and a world class striker. Until these two positions are sorted out we will continue to have the same problems.

However following on from Leif's point regarding competition, if he is a cost effective purchase brought in to bolster options, then he would be high up my list. There must be a reason why Robbie and now Benitez didn't pick Marin, and I can only think he was a punt last season when we didn't look like making the Champions League that hasn't materialised. If he isn't in our plans then we do only currently have four genuine attacking options in our midfield (Moses, Hazard, Oscar and Mata) so Pjanic would be welcome.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the news on Sky Sports...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11854/8341655/Roma-midfielder-Miralem-Pjanic-plays-down-reports-linking-him-with-Chelsea

Reports in Italy claim Roma would only be willing to listen to offers of over €15million (£12.2m) for Pjanic.

15m wouldn't be too bad - he is very talented. However he has yet to fully realise his potential so I wouldn't want to pay much more.

Been on Pjanic's trail ever since he played for Lyon. He was dubbed as the new Juninho at a young age, defos talented. Would take him every day of the week, hes got great passing and vision and would be perfect in the pivot. Why Lyon sold him I have no fucking idea. Hes miles better than that overrated French donkey Gourcuff.

15m wouldn't be too bad - he is very talented. However he has yet to fully realise his potential so I wouldn't want to pay much more.

Err, did Oscar, Hazard and even Mata fully realize their potential when we bought them? No. IF we are gonna get Pjanic, I have no problem whatsoever with the price that is being mentioned considering we paid much more for the 3 players mentioned above.

Been on Pjanic's trail ever since he played for Lyon. He was dubbed as the new Juninho at a young age, defos talented. Would take him every day of the week, hes got great passing and vision and would be perfect in the pivot. Why Lyon sold him I have no fucking idea. Hes miles better than that overrated French donkey Gourcuff.

That Jean Michel Aulas and the Lyon board decided to sell him because they have been hypnotized by Gourcuff, much like Torres now with our board!

That Jean Michel Aulas and the Lyon board decided to sell him because they have been hypnotized by Gourcuff, much like Torres now with our board!

Good to see that it isn't just our board who are complete fuckwits then. Sooner Torres gets sold the better. Then the board can fucking actually sign a striker who is decent. Oh wait the service is shite, Torres isn't scoring because Oscar is playing poorly and Hazard and Mata aren't passing to him (:Goober:).

Anyway sign Pjanic,,, do ittttttt

Err, did Oscar, Hazard and even Mata fully realize their potential when we bought them? No. IF we are gonna get Pjanic, I have no problem whatsoever with the price that is being mentioned considering we paid much more for the 3 players mentioned above.

I probably didn't come across clear enough mate - I've got no problem with the price being quoted for Pjanic. It seems very fair value for money.

However if that price pushes up to 20m euros or beyond we start paying a premium on his potential IMO, which backs up your first point.

I would argue Mata was fairly well established even at his age when he joined, playing in one of the stronger European leagues for a big club with Champions League football. However Hazard and Oscar I agree with entirely, we paid a premium on their potential.

The bigger clubs, like ourselves, can get away with doing this sometimes. We've actually balanced these deals out well with the likes of Moses and Azpilicueta who I think we've brought at the right price for where they both are at currently in their careers. But with FFP and some serious rebuilding work required, I would rather us look for good value for money in squad depth buys, which will hopefully mean more money can be spent on real quality in central midfield and up front.

Dunno where Pjanic plays at Roma but for Bosnia he's been playing in the double pivot for 2 years now and he's the brain of that team. He's initiating every single attack, he knows how to time his runs into the box and he's defensively miles ahead of KDB and McEachran.

I remember we were close to signing him (at least that's the media talk) in January 2011 already when Lyon suddenly increased the price tag. Really hope it happens this time.

Dunno where Pjanic plays at Roma but for Bosnia he's been playing in the double pivot for 2 years now and he's the brain of that team. He's initiating every single attack, he knows how to time his runs into the box and he's defensively miles ahead of KDB and McEachran.

I remember we were close to signing him (at least that's the media talk) in January 2011 already when Lyon suddenly increased the price tag. Really hope it happens this time.

Are you sure? Almost every time when I have watched Bosnia play, Susic plays him wide on the right as a narrow right sided midfielder.

If he plays in the double pivot then i do believe he will be fantastic addition to the side.Mikel-Pjanic very much like the sound of it.

If he plays in the double pivot then i do believe he will be fantastic addition to the side.Mikel-Pjanic very much like the sound of it.

Yep. What I'd like about that partnership would be the calmness both of them bring to the table.

Are you sure? Almost every time when I have watched Bosnia play, Susic plays him wide on the right as a narrow right sided midfielder.

Pretty sure. Bosnia are using a 4-4-2 system which turns into a 4-2-3-1 formation as soon as the game starts. He's being paired with either Medunjanin or Zahirovic for most of the games.

Pretty sure. Bosnia are using a 4-4-2 system which turns into a 4-2-3-1 formation as soon as the game starts. He's being paired with either Medunjanin or Zahirovic for most of the games.

I'm pretty pretty sure that he plays out wide on the right quite a lot.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You